It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Ron Paul!~?~!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
For the record,I am a Ron Paul supporter....for now.
Here's my question......

Why does Ron Paul see himself above running as a Independant canidate?
So if I understand him correctly,he is finished if he fails to win the republican nomination.
As I see it,thats a slap in the face to all his supporters,who have spent many days out of there lives rallying to get his name out and raising money.
He wants his supporters to do every and anything to get his name out and raise money,and in return is is going to waffle if he dosent win the nomination for the republican party.
So why dosent he do any and everything to win the presidency?
If it means running as an independant to do it,than so be it.
He has plenty of money and supporters to do well running as an independant.
So if he cares so much about the country.its people,and his supporters,he should reward all of the above with full effort and do anything HE can to win.
Even if it is as a independant.
Not to do so makes him a liar,a fraud and selfish.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I dislike Ron Paul and if you visit the US Politics forum you will find out why.

As to your question, this is one area where I agree with Paul, or at least understand him.

If Paul publically stated right now that he would go Independent upon losing the nomination, what messages does that send to Republican voters? It shows him as a man not even committed to the party he is running with. I don't beleive many could take him seriously anymore if he said such a thing.

However, I think he will do it, but you won't hear a peep until he loses that nom.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and i've got to agree with SteveR on this one.

If he really does intend to run as a third party candidate, but is currently serving the House as a Republican, it doesn't make much sense to abandon that party just yet. If he started talking about a third party run, i'm sure that would take a lot of wind out of his campaign sails. It removes the urgency to give money, or to actively support him today.

Believe me, it will be a lot easier if Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination. If he doesn't, he may very well decide to go ahead and run as a third party candidate, but he understands that no third party candidate has ever won the presidency and at best he can probably hope to match the numbers of Ross Perot.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Running as an independent would be very hard since there's an inherent bias against it. It's just a very hard thing to do; I think he knows this very well since he already tried doing just that.

First we'll have to see how he does in the primaries and depending on how things evolve from there we'll see what happens. Asking him to run as independent is asking for a lot.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If he does run as an independent, he may as well go ahead and cash the check that Hillary will send him...

He will then be virtually assuring her the election... Could this be a plan after all?

Semper

[edit on 12/10/2007 by semperfortis]

top topics

join