It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: Iran not building nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well this should make the march to war with Iran a little more difficult(thankfully).Or on the other hand,this could be the goverments attempt at making sure there not made to look like fools,like the did with the whole Iraq/WMDs story in the lead up to the war.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran halted work toward a nuclear weapon under international scrutiny in 2003 and is unlikely to be able to produce enough enriched uranium for a bomb until 2010 to 2015, a U.S. intelligence report says.

www.cnn.com...

A declassified summary of the latest National Intelligence Estimate found with "high confidence" that the Islamic republic stopped an effort to develop nuclear weapons in the fall of 2003.

www.cnn.com...

Full story here
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
NO NO NO NONONO NONONONONO!!!!!!! your lying liarl iar liar. Your lying right?? You must be I've been reading all this STUFF you must be lying. Their EVIL EVIL well not the guys that oun the store in town they seem pretty fun but the rest are ALL EVIL. Right? please don't tell me yout lying that means the Buscos haven't been smart enough to figure out their foreign intelligence reports from 4 YEARS AGO!!!.

mikell grins

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If this report was a 2003 estimate then that means Bush read it. So why has Bush in the last few months been saber rattling about it so much? He even mentions WWIII. What is going on?

[edit on 3-12-2007 by cloakndagger]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sure sounds like the intelligence community may be picking a fight with the White House....

And today we have this -

www.boston.com...

Hayden says CIA destroyed interrogation tapes in 2005

The CIA videotaped its interrogations of two terror suspects in 2002 and destroyed the tapes three years later out of fear they would leak to the public and compromise the identities of U.S. questioners, the director of the agency told employees Thursday.

CIA Director Michael Hayden said House and Senate intelligence committee leaders were informed of the existence of the tapes and the CIA's intention to destroy them. He also said the CIA's internal watchdog watched the tapes in 2003 and verified that the interrogation practices were legal.

Kinda makes me wonder what's going to come out tomorrow...

ps- hello again ATS!

[edit on 6-12-2007 by negativenihil]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"Olbermann: Bush is a BOLD faced LIAR"
Olbermann has a Special Comment on Bush/Cheney's lying on NIE foreknowledge and manipulating the public with LIES.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Q Mr. President, thank you. I’d like to follow on that. When you talked about Iraq, you and others in the administration talked about a mushroom cloud; then there were no WMD in Iraq. When it came to Iran, you said in October, on October 17th, you warned about the prospect of World War III, when months before you made that statement, this intelligence about them suspending their weapons program back in ‘03 had already come to light to this administration. So can’t you be accused of hyping this threat? And don’t you worry that that undermines U.S. credibility?

THE PRESIDENT: David, I don’t want to contradict an August reporter such as yourself, but I was made aware of the NIE last week. In August, I think it was Mike McConnell came in and said, we have some new information. He didn’t tell me what the information was; he did tell me it was going to take a while to analyze. Why would you take time to analyze new information? One, you want to make sure it’s not disinformation. You want to make sure the piece of intelligence you have is real. And secondly, they want to make sure they understand the intelligence they gathered: If they think it’s real, then what does it mean? And it wasn’t until last week that I was briefed on the NIE that is now public.

This is just plain retarded! How can we trust this man to take care of our country if he cant even take the time to be informed on the current state of possible WW3.

The dialog probably went something like this:

Mike McConnell: "Mr President we have some new information about Iran and the possability of WW3"

President Bush: "huh oh yeah? Some new information?"

Mike McConnell:"Yes Mr President its new information"

President Bush:"So your not going to brief me on it?"

Mike McConnell:"No Mr President"

President Bush:" huh ok thank you Mike"

Mike McConnell:"No thank you Mr President"

top topics

join