It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another uk sighting (midlands)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
express and star

witness account

witness account 2

this is quite a big topic in my area of the uk. loads of people saw it including a relative.

just thought id let you know.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by britain is best

there a flight tests arranged all week for tests on our new UAV developed by QinetiQ, flying out of two bases in UK, one at West Freugh and one in Lancashire.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

i see you posting this in 2 threads already , mind sharing with the rest the source of this information please ?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
In live In Wolverhampton and I've seen these reports.

Where is the video footage in question?

I've looked on the (UFORM) website and there's no mention of this sighting at all or no mention of the footage.

[edit on 4uTuesday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
hi there guys,

i tried responding to your questions in the other thread but for some reason it has been locked and i couldnt post...so i will answer here.

i work for QinetiQ, so i am privvy to info on the test flights. i cant provide you with any more info as i would lose my job.
however i am not breaking any rules(company or national) in telling you that there are test flights arranged for this week. i wont even be in trouble for mentioning the Scottish base that they are using, it is fairly common knowledge amongst UAV fans and enthusiasts.

if you have any more questions i will gladly answer them , If i can.

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Snoopy,

Can you give any dimensions/performance characteristics of the craft? Curious to see what you know of this UAV and its relation to the U.S. models?

Thanks, Mondo

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The One guy said it was as big as three football pitches!

I'm thinking the object in question were many objects flying in formation.

What you reckon?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
ok here here is the info i can give on the current one being tested:

Optimum range
155km

Sensor coverage
100 km2/h

Resolution
recognise MBT at 500 m

Air Vehicle Mass
30 kg

Endurance
2+ hrs

Optimum operating height
300 m

Ceiling
5000 m AMSL at ISA +25

Speed
120kts dash, 60kts cruise

Climb rate
> 1000 ft/min at sea level

Target location
+/-50 m

it is quite small so , i am not so sure about the sightings,

however QinetiQ and BAE are also testing a UAV with a VERY big wingspan,
i am not linked with that project but i will try to get some info on it for you.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ok the larger one is called `Taranis unmanned air vehicle`

its dimensions are :

11.35m long

3.98m high

9.4m wingspan

8t weight

6,480lb engine thrust
it is delta winged, and is very similar to BAE`s Raven Delta program

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Snoopyuk,

As Paul suggested, what do you make of the 3 football field sized object? Possibility of more than one UAV in a formation?? I doubt that very much though. I am a former F 18 guy, and I have never heard or seen initial flight tests with more than one aircraft at a time...just for safety reasons of course.
Also, why is this testing being done anywhere near the populace?? Or maybe it is not as I am in the U.S. and do not know your areas!!??

Peace, Mondo

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In this Engadget Link there are acouple of interesting article snippets that may apply to this event(s) and one from last year re: a Brit crossing MoD land seeing an invisible tank. Seems like QinetiQ and BAE have beeen busy little bee's eh? Might explain these sightings, maybe not - devil is in the details.

British security and military contractor QinetiQ has just come out with what it's calling the first system of self-organizing UAVs. In a recent demo, an autonomous BAC1-11 twin-jet plane (pictured) controlled a separate group of simulated UAVs to carry out a simulated ground attack on a moving target. During the trial run, a human crew was inside the lead plane, making sure that there wasn't any disasters, simulated or otherwise.

Source is above link.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

hi thee Mondogiwa and Paul,

yes i think the size is the issue here, they have done swarm tests before , that is several units flying as one, but to be honest you can usually tell what it is.

i am still not so sure as we(qinetiq) are developing one that IS almost football field size, .....However it is never tested over populations and is for very high alttitude,..you may have heard of it in the news as it set the record for the longest single flight........google :Zephyr High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) solar powered Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) .

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

QinetiQ are the biggest tech graduate employer in the world, and now own share in most of the worlds defence companies in one way or another, plus they still have the MOD owning a large share....so anyone who thinks the UK`s MOD is lacking in tech is plain wrong. i was given shares when i started , now they are worth a fortune !!! time to retire soon !!!!!

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A pre-emptive strike from me here.

Before anyone shouts "TR3-B" I have to point out that there is no factual evidence whatsoever that such a craft exists.

It is hearsay and speculation and nothing more than that.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Snoopyuk,

Thanks for all the details and dimesions, great responses!

Curious though, why the size of the largest one? What is the benefit of that football field size of craft..payload possibility???

Very intersting stuff...your thoughts on other sightings throughout your area..are they related to military/government projects??

Peace, Mondo

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Keep in mind that it's difficult - and often impossible - to judge size, altitude and distance of an airborne object, particularly at night. If you know a priori what the size of an object is, then you can estimate its distance by its apparent angular size, but that's not the case here.

The published reports are missing most useful details that a good investigator would get and report, but newspaper reporters are not so schooled. They just want bouncy little quotes.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

you are welcome, i am glad i can contribute after seeing so many other cool people contributing over the years i have been coming here to ATS.

to answer your question of the large one , it is because the wings or top surfaces are used to gather power, as it is used at high alts and uses solar power.

it is the smaller ones that are more interesting !!!!!!!!

and yes most of them will be used in a military role, unfort most of the money used in R&D is from them or a consortium between goverments.
so they always seem to get first bite of the cherry !!

there is interest from other organizations for use as mapping or data gathering for meteo purposes.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Snoopy, you’re talking about Observer right? It’s being used to support payload development IIRC along with a few other things.

Don’t know why you’d lose your job for saying that, it was reported early last year and as far as I know they’re not doing anything special with it (or at least no more so than what they’ve already talked about).

Out of interest do you have any new information on Pegasus?

Also, the sightings can’t have been Taranis because it’s still in build and won’t be flown in the UK anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

hi mike,

yes that is the one, i wasnt aware it was totally outed , so to speak.

sorry i havent heard anything new on pegasus, it seems to have gone very quiet.

do you also work in this particular field ??

also i have heard contary about Taranis and Raven.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Links does not work for me.

Is the server down perhaps?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join