It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obnoxious gas prices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Image is from www.gasbuddy.com...

As you can the the gas prices are very unevenly distributed, Florida, New England, and the Pacific Coast suffered the most from the price influx. My family lives in central Florida and everytime we fill our car from a near empty tank costs 50 dollars. I know that in some parts of California a full tank of gas for a SUV or truck is around $100.
I think that there is an association between the population and gas prices, however, the association may also be between places of importance.
Gas prices in North Carolina, Virginia, Texas and the plains are unexpectedly low.
I think the cause for all this influx in the diminishing gas supply, high demand, and the US government being too greedy to drill their precious oil off the coast of Florda. The government is probably planning everything so that the USA will be the only nation left to have a supply of gasoline.
What do you think is a plausible explanation for the gas prices?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What do you think is a plausible explanation for the gas prices?

In many cases gas taxes applied by states is why price varies from place to place.

One of the main reasons for the climbing price is China. Supply and demand. As China requires more oil prices are going to climb.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Obnoxious? That's what you call it?! These "obnoxious" gas prices are tearing apart the middle class as we speak! We're being price gouged into poverty and sitting on our asses complaining.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't have to pay for gas.
I take the bus or walk.

As for high gas prices?
Just wait until we go to war again.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Boo hoo, its the equivalent of $9.61 a gallon here which is over 3 times the price you are paying.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Realize that Europe is mass-transit dependent, the USA is almost fully dependent on private vehicles. Our car uses up to 4 gallons a day.

I lived in Germany for half a year and we did not need a car at all. We paid 30 marks for a whole month of transportation services. We even went to Switzerland and France regularly for free with that monthly pass.

[edit on 11/14/07 by die_another_day]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Not to be rude, but I find it hard to imagine how anybody could consider our gas prices to be high. Adjusted for inflation we pay less for gas now than we did thirty years ago. We pay more per gallon for milk, a bottle of water, a case of beer, even pepsi.

If you buy into the peak oil BS and all the sky is falling chicken littles of the world, and buy in to the glowball warming idea (myth? probably, the globe has cooled since 2000), you should think that we are getting our gasoline damn near free. We should be sending the oil companies a Christmas card for crying out loud.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
California pays more money for gas because of their regulations. The refineries have to make all types of gas and this drives the prices up. If there was a standard for gas in America then prices would fall.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

while i agree with most of your post, i think sending them a christmas card may be overdoing it a bit.

It isnt free yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I know it's really not that high compared to some other countries... but still... 4 years ago we were getting 99c gas.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I don't usually agree with you but on this issue, way to sum it up. The increase in gas price is caused by politics and that's it. OPEC is an evil beast that needs to be destroyed.

note: by the above I mean the organization itself not the countries involved.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by die_another_day

Obnoxious? That's what you call it?! These "obnoxious" gas prices are tearing apart the middle class as we speak! We're being price gouged into poverty and sitting on our asses complaining.

Sorry about your luck my friend, but prices are FAR higher in Canada. Americans are getting off easy at the pumps compared to us. So enjoy your cheap gas while you can, global forces dictate that the price WILL rise to meet the demand.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

Gas is all relative to the inflation on those things, genius. I was in the trade with a guy who used to own a 12 truck transportation company and he had to close shop due to the 3rd gas hike. I know everybody is hurting, but this is my country, and the welfare of my fellow countrymen and women hangs in the balance. I will bitch, moan, and fight the welfare of my situation, just like I would yours if that was the case. I'm not about to start a "who has it worse" argument because we're all being raped over. And you simpletons who want to argue just who has it worse should put your energy elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

you are using some guy who didn't have enough business sense to keep a small company of 12 trucks afloat as your evidence, and you are calling me the genius?

Whether you like it or not, we pay a smaller percentage of our income on gasoline now than we did thirty years ago, it is a fact. You can "bitch, moan, and fight the welfare of my situation" all you want, but it will not change the fact that you are getting a very good deal, especially on what is termed to be a non-renewable resource. Cows shoot out milk by the trillions of gallons per year, yet you gladly pay more for that than gas. I live 7 miles from my work, and it costs me less than 3 bucks a day to get there and back. That my friend is a good deal. I bet you don't say a word when you shell out 60 or 70 bucks to take your sweetheart out to the local cinema for a flick and snacks, do you?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
I don't have to pay for gas.
I take the bus or walk.

As for high gas prices?
Just wait until we go to war again.

Just because you take the bus or walk doesn't mean that high gas prices don't effect you.

If gas goes up too much, bus fares go up.

Everytime you buy even a loaf of bread, chances are that loaf was driven in a truck running on .. guess what .. gas! Gas goes up too much, your bread goes up!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The wall street speculators control the price we pay at the pump here in America. All I know is it's a game of take it in the shorts. I wonder why the price of gas is going down again considering we just had a big blast and raging fire at a refinery in minnesota. Have a listen to what Lindsey Williams has to tell in the 8 part google video. Here is part 1.

Edit: Video link correction

[edit on 5-12-2007 by WorldShadow]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73
If you buy into the peak oil BS and all the sky is falling chicken littles of the world, and buy in to the glowball warming idea (myth? probably, the globe has cooled since 2000), you should think that we are getting our gasoline damn near free. We should be sending the oil companies a Christmas card for crying out loud.

www.truthout.org...

I'm not sure a Christmas card is the appropriate thing considering their profits.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
and bank profits are massive, and insurance profits are massive, yada yada yada. We have people insisting that we've reached or passed peak oil, and that we will be running out shortly. Considering how valuable of a resource it is, we get off incredibly cheap. Just think about how much oil we use. Every plastic item in your home and vehicle is oil, everything. Look in front of you, I will gaurantee that there are several things that you see that are made of oil. We are consuming oil at a phenomenal rate, yet pay only a couple of bucks per gallon to drive our vehicles. Regardless of profit to the producer, we get a good deal on gasoline.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
First off...why is Alaska always left off of maps?

Second. What really gets me....is paying over $3/gallon for gas while standing there starring at the Alaska pipeline.
Irony at its best

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Danish gasprice is about 9,5-10,2 DKr pr Litre, thats about 6$ pr gallon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join