It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO WAY! Has anyone seen this close up UFO footage?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've yet to see a camera phone with a zoom, so I'm skeptical that this is genuine.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There are many phones with zoom currently on the market. I myself have a Motorola Maxx, it has 2x, 4x and 8x zoom capability. Video quality is very good too, (but don't compare it to a dedicated video camcorder).

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
My goodness. It i never enough for some people.
The guys has enough sense left to whip out his cell phone and video this thig and people are accusing him that the video quality sucks!???
wonder how many of us would even have the sense to pick up our collective jaws off the floor and begin a video capture?

Some of the same people that are saying it is fake because of the poor quality of the video were the same ones that were faulting the Chad photos because they were too "perfect"

Lord help the next poor soul that captures anything on video..I hope they just bury it and I wouldn't blame them.

Some people wouldn't "believe" if they were face down on an examination table with a probe up their ***, they would be yelling "CGI"!!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yeah I find it amazing that so many people are screaming FAKE, and that they are disgusted that the poster brought it to ATS because of it's poor quality etc etc. Heaven help me if i got something on camera that I wanted to share because you flamers would seriously put me off.

Yes the thread title is a bit brash but he was just presenting it for discussion, not for kids screaming at each other schoolyard stylee. OMG I can't believe you posted this crap!! etc etc.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Nohup, I totally agree with you. Most likely it's being suspended by a line from a fishing pole. It appears to move like it was swung too. Amazing how the UFO let the camera man get within a few feet of it.

Those must be some tiny aliens in there

Once again, it's just another obscured video hoax.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I am not calling it fake based solely on the poor quality of the footage, I'm calling it fake based on the poor quality of everything.

With clips like this, it is sometimes not even necessary to bother with the supposed subject matter in the video, but the circumstances surrounding it. 'Nufff said.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No wonder there's so many people hoaxing Ufos when there's so many gullible people out there willing to believe in the poorest quality videos. The quality of the footage is very poor. The footage only last a very short time which usually tells it's own story. I would expect the the man who shot the footage to shake but to me it looks like he must have had a fit. The object in question looks very poor and primitive and wouldn't look out of place in the Flintstones!

There is nothing in this video to suggest it's credible, real or legitimate.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Too sleepy to read the whole thread, but theres a shadow underneath which gives away its size.
Which leads to the fact that making something small and manouverable like this these days isn't that hard.

I think it can be explained, therefore not really that interesting to pick apart or debate.

Wig

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Looks to be about 13 inches across, which is in keeping with it being a pair of spinning hubcaps suspended on a string, which is then pulled upwards from one edge out of camera shot.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What's truly pathetic here is the legion of people that want to belief in such nonsense so badly they fall for anything and have genuine disdain towards anybody that displays common sense, reason and logic. I swear, this whole UFO thing has become a religion to the ignorant.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Some additional information and still frame photos. The guy who shot the footage claims the object was a little larger than a tractor tire.

inexplicata.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"comments disabled" for this video on The Tube.... says it all

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh my god. This video is just terrible. It's so terrible it is actually funny. I chuckled when the ufo left the camera's fov. The movement is just profoundly funny in a way that is hard to explain.

I woud definitely agree that a blurry ufo shot a mile away ais a hundred times more credible and believeable than this. To me this is really a bad joke but disturbingly funny at the same time. The background music, the movement of the ufo and the camera work combined together in the way presented in a youtube video aroused a feeling of disjointed humour and unexplainable funniness at the same time. lololol

It's so bad it's actually funny.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't evern know where to begin...
Let's see, the guy who shot it says it was slightly larger than a tractor tire. Hmmm, maybe a riding lawn tractor but nothing more - it's small - less than 24" for sure. You can tell by the shadow beneath it.

Why does it look like a cheesy 1950's bad sci-fi movie design? You'd think that beings that have the knowledge to travel light years through the galaxy would have some type of interesting design. I was expecting Godzilla and Mothra to start battling it out next to that thing!

Fake, fake, fake... there is nothing that would even have me second guessing my instincts. By the way, typically people who have multiple postings of UFO video are FAKERS!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What's really embarrassing here is it's up to 4 pages, and will go WAY further before it's done.

I pitty the person who stops by ATS out of genuine interest in Ufology and finds this crap supported by many, many pages of debate. It only shows how many foolish people believe in this type stuff, and that hurts those of us that are not foolish and believe in this type of stuff.

But hey, a web hit is a web hit, and the more the merrier, right? At the end of the day, isn't that all that matters to this site? If not, over 70% of the threads in this section alone would be deleted. But they generate traffic, so that will never happen.

The more absurd the evidence, the more traffic it seems to produce, therefore the more attention it gets. Until the community learns to police itself this hobby will remain in the realm of public ridicule for a LONG time, thanks to sites just like this.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

ITF, if you have something to ADD to the topic please do so. If you don't then please DON'T.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Taze Me Bro
My goodness. It i never enough for some people.
The guys has enough sense left to whip out his cell phone and video this thig and people are accusing him that the video quality sucks!???
wonder how many of us would even have the sense to pick up our collective jaws off the floor and begin a video capture?

I don't think crappy video quality should be seen as supportive evidence. Otherwise, how bad does it have to be to be proof positive? Competely blank? Nothing but a blurred smear (this comes pretty close)?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I would contend that I did have something to say and something of VALUE to add to the topic, as the thread progression shows that many members seem to think it is a fake, and a poor fake at that. Am I not allowed to comment on that aspect of the thread? Or was it the mention of site profit that got me dinked? And seriously, if your going to enforce the "stay on topic" rule in a consistent manner, there are plenty of other replies in this thread alone you should have hit on, and never mind the hundreds of other posts in this very forum. Selective moderation is all the rage these days, especially when someone dares to mention site business (but to ignore it's a business when commenting on certain threads is irresponsible at best)

But, ignoring the obvious, I feel this video is fake based on facts surrounding the video itself. Shame we even need to debate such nonsense, but eventually there will be something worthy of real debate, although, with as many video recording devices out there, you would think there would have been some real solid stuff by now, at least, lol)

I hope potential new members reading this site for the first few times are not turned away by this nonsense, but then again a web hit is a web hit, from member or not I guess. But in the long run, this place will need a massive amount of repeat business, an although there is enough flakes in the world to visit once or twice, I wonder how many would continue to visit if threads like this remain the norm?. ATS can pursue the "can't look away from a car wreck" ala the Weekly World News or they can be......ah, never mind.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Ignore the facts...

you have every right to post your opinion on every thread you see, however constant posting of the same bashing statements is a little over the top , state your opinion and move on..

And i disagree VERY strongly with all the ... this shouldnt be on ATS people ..

ATS is EXACTLY the place to have all footage regarding these topics discussed in depth.. maybe one day we will find a good one...maybe..

Ok down to my opinion . i think its a fake , hubcap etc too many anomalies...

But i am gratefull for the opportunity to have my opinion about ALL footage regardless of the quality etc.....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I agree. I looks quite small, like something radio controlled. I have seen modles like this for sale online. Maybe the music is masking the sound of the electric/gas motors.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join