It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declare War on Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Step up people and open your eyes. Declare war on global warming to help save the planet and humanity from mass extinction.

Each year...
- 30 billion tons of carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere
- 35,000 central parks of forest is destroyed
- 350-500 million tons of methane releases into the atmosphere
- 500 polar bears are killed

All the facts about global warming is viewed on the news, ads, magazines, newspapers and every other social communicators. So don't deny it isn't happening.

You can make a difference by using the three C's. Conserve, Choose efficiently, and Contact.

Conserve
- Water
- Energy
- Waste

Choose efficiently
- Compact fluorescent bulbs
- Type of car
- Energy supplier

Contact
- Spread the word
- Help senators, congress enforce laws

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm all for combating global warming, but to declare war on something intangible like it? Hell no. It's going to be like the War on Drugs or the War on Terror -- it will have little benefit to the little people.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Personally im all for getting rid of actual poisonous material first. Then we could combat global warming although i would like more warmth >_>

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
although i would like more warmth

You may actually get your wish:
Earth's Tropics Belt Expands

Meanwhile I'm roasting here in the equatorial belt. Kind of hard to conserve energy and water here with ambient temperatures at around 95 degrees Fahrenheit.

Praise the invention of the air-conditioner. You ain't making me give that one up!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
CO2 is not a poison. It's the lifeblood of plants.

Earth has experienced times in its history when CO2 levels were much higher, yet the planet survived (and even thrived!)

Don't trust the politicians, they're usually just snakes in a suit.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.” - H. L. Menken

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How do we fight a war agaisnt something that does not exist?????????

How many times do we have to talk about this?

Yes, conserving is good. Protecting is good... and recycling is good.

BUT GLOBAL WARMING DOES NOT EXIST. EVEN the IPCC has come to that agreement and changed it to climate change. They did that for a reason. They too see the fact that cycles are alive and well. Cycles control the climate. Earth cycles that is. The fact that they have changed it to climate change allows them to go after taxes and things in an even broader way. They can combat hotter and colder weather and stay on the same page. I still don;t get it. For a conspiracy site that sees conspiracies in everything....Why can't you people see the biggest conspiracy facing the world since Y2K. Rememeber Y2K? The earth was going to end unless you did your part and updated your computer with tracking, I mean new software.

Y2K brought on thousands and thousands of programs that made it easier for the governemtn to know what your doing, I mean programs that would fix the Y2K bug and save you from a total crash.

Global Warming is trying to get everyone to conform to a way of life. One with less rights and where someday soon, they will be asking you to rat out your neighbor not living a Green life.

Please people...wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join