It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tasered For Not Getting License Fast Enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
All the action is in the first 2 minutes. Funny that the cop stops talking when he starts mentioning all his friends at the Austin PD. Tasering ,imo, if used at all should be used for self defense, not for crowd control or forced compliance.

www.youtube.com...

~odievk

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A much better response would be to, once he sees the man is taking a long time, say, you know what, forget it, you can bring it to us down at the police station, you have 48 hours. I've been informed that giving people more time and asking that the individual take it to the police station is standard procedure.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i sure didn't see anything that should have provoked the tazering. i saw no resistance, only that he didn't have his license/insurance cards immediately accessible. i smell a lawsuit and i hope he gets millions. i'd settle for a few hundred grand myself.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The bottom line is this cop, like thousands of others, have been given their taser guns and are torturing citizens without provocation or, as is clearly evident in this case, without warning. The cop later lies about it and makes light of the whole incident to his buddies, who congratulate him on doing "a good job".

It was brutal, inhumane, unnecessary, and way over the top. I'd like to tie that cop to a tree and give a few blasts to see how he likes it. His cavalier attitude deserves at least that much. The cop was under no threat or pretense whatsoever. These gestapo tactics must end. Yes, the taser is potentially a useful device under very special circumstances. This wasn't one of them, and the carte blanche the cops have been given to inflict "excruciating pain control" at their slightest whim is disgusting. This was vegeance and punishment simply because the driver didn't kiss the cops ass (until after he was tasered - forced to submit to the almighty authorities).

The guy needs to get a lawyer - a good one, aggressive and ruthless, and make an example of this "peace officer". As part of the inevitable settlement, the guys wife should be allowed to taser the cop with the cop's wife and baby watching.

This is an example of what the world is coming to. God help us...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
A good way to avoid this sort of thing is, when you get pulled over roll the window down only enough to allow the passage of drivers license and insurance verification. And lock the door. Last time I got pulled over that's what I did and the cop asked if I could unroll the window any further. I said, "yes but there have been incidents of fruitloops impersonating cops, pulling over women and then raping them so this is all I'm rolling the window down to. And can I see YOUR identification?" The cop showed me his badge and while he's running my drivers license number I was calling the police station giving them his badge number and asking for a physical description. I was complying by giving him the required papers but I didn't open myself up to tasering. Didn't get a ticket either.

new topics

top topics

join