It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lunar anomaly/structure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
www.enterprisemission.com...

www.lunaranomalies.com...

www.lunaranomalies.com...

The "Shard" was the first object spotted by Hoagland on frame LO-III-84M. Sticking some 1.5 miles above the Lunar surface, it is truly an inexplicable (by current theories) wonder of the universe. Casting a shadow across the Lunar plane, alignment with the local vertical rather than the "grain" of the film, and it's proximity to the "Tower" all argue strongly for it's artificial origin. Although no cross-confirming images of the "Shard" have been found, it's vicinity to the "Tower", which has been cross-confirmed, is a factor favoring it's existence as a "real" object. It has been suggested that the "Shard" may be a transient "out gassing" event. While this cannot be totally discounted, the absence of any "spray" around the "Shard's" sharply defined edges work against this explanation.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Man those pictures really suck and are of very low quality.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
where on the moon is this? do you know? i have some really detailed lunar atlases and i want to just have an idea...

also, i kind of think those are all the errors in the film. plus, if it were something inexplicable i'm sure there would be more modern photos of it floating around the internet

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
At first I was fascinated with the Enterprise Mission website. But the more I looked at the pictures, and at Richard Hoagland, I began to think it was a scam. Would like to think they are real though.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
where on the moon is this? do you know? i have some really detailed lunar atlases and i want to just have an idea

"I contacted the US Geological Service (USGS) in Denver 3 to order all of the 44 LAC (Lunar Aeronautical Charts) geologic quadrangles of the near and farside so I could start studying specific areas. Two essential maps are maps I-2276 and I-1218A of the near and farside respectively."

Took this info off lunaranomalies.com. Not sure if it helps or not...

new topics

top topics

join