It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. evangelist launches swine attack on Muslims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
These two religions, well, at least some of their practitioners, act like a couple of freaking children squabbling over a freaking candybar.. Really, for God's sake...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if this stuff comes from parody sites, like the Landover Baptist Church site, which is an athiest site that sends out people to other sites to make Christian look bad.

But apparently this guy is for real, or is he?

They pretend to be Christian and act like bigots of the worst kind in order to make others hate Christian too.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Check out this guy he is from the landover parody site and an atheist pretending to be a christian

look at the comments, people think he is a real christian

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well, the guy sounded pretty serious to me. I didn't hear him say that he was Muslim at the beginning, but that is amoot point, it really doesn't matter..

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think he was speaking for the pig, the pig was a former Muslim,I mean the pig was a puppet and the evangelist was the puppet master,
GULP

I'm confused.

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by vox2442

or the amount of indignation currently surrounding "the golden compass" and the "his dark materials" trilogy...

Well let's see. In this series the hero is Satan. The hero's dad helps things along by performing a human sacrifice to open a portal into another world and God is made out to be a petty tyrant and gets killed in the end. Oh and don't forget that everyone has their own personal demon that can just make their life wonderful. I'd say that the set of values espoused here leaves much to be desired and is worthy of criticism.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Imagine the film "LIFE OF BRIAN" had have been made about muhammad- how many died over the cartoons, probably would have been several wars breaking out if that film had been about their chap

I`m guessing you`re not old enough to remember the massive outpourings of indignation from all manner of clergy that came with that film - nor the numerous bannings of the film in both the UK and the USA, nor the public pickets that people had to cross to get in to the theatres to see it.

How about The Last Temptation of Christ?
Was there any outrage accompanying Jesus of Montreal?

Anyway, the video cover of LOB said nothing about the plot, just reprinted all the attacks on the film!

However, I agree with the original point. In the West the generally-held principle of free speech allows us to make films such as Life of Brian and tv shows such as South Park without people dying as a result. When they come to the west, a small, highly vocal and non-representative group of Muslims refuse to leave their "cultural" and "religous" (note carefully quotation marks) values behind, resulting in dead young girls and dead Dutch film-makers.

Beside that, the not-very-Reverend Bill is clearly an immature jerk whose level of discourse has never got out of the third grade.

Remind me again, Bill, who it was who said "Love thy neighbour as thyself" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

So, going by that second statement, what you actually want is for Muslims to insult Christ. Could it be that you're writing your own self-fulfilling prophecy, waiting for a "justification" to call ALL Muslims evil, rag-headed, women-hating cave-dwellers who should be exterminated and definitely not engaged in theological and socialogical debate?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Well let's see. In this series the hero is Satan.

paradise lost did it waaay back

The hero's dad helps things along by performing a human sacrifice to open a portal into another world and God is made out to be a petty tyrant and gets killed in the end.

so?
it being different means it's bad?
human sacrifices have been present in many pieces of literature for centuries
and a few japanese rpgs have required you to kill god in the end...

...and the christian god IS a petty tyrant.

Oh and don't forget that everyone has their own personal demon that can just make their life wonderful.

this shows your ignorance... also it shows how religion has "demonized" the term "demon"
socrates created the word. his "demon" was his genius.
"demon" in this situation is a socratic concept

I'd say that the set of values espoused here leaves much to be desired and is worthy of criticism.

ah, yes, what's different is worthy of criticism because it makes ye uncomfortable.

sorry, but your ignorance and bigotry show.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
so?
it being different means it's bad?

Well, of course,madness... Didn't you know that anything that doesn't fall directly in line with the three war causing Abrahamic religions was "eeeevil?"
Really, Madness, I'd expect more from you.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

yeah, that always seems to slip my mind.

it's just so hard to remember when i'm a foolish godless heathen with absolutely no basis for morality

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It is not right to compare the controversy surrounding works like "Life of Brian" or "The Last Temptation of Christ" than the controversy surrounding the Danish cartoons or the teddy bear. While works that criticize Christianity in the west have been criticized, the controversy does not lead to a diplomatic row or people being arrested for criticizing Christianity. People that republished the Muhammed cartoons were arrested in Islamic countires. The U.S. and Europe actually had to commit diplomatic resources to smoothing things over. The U.K. did not have to send a diplomat to the U.S. to smooth things over when the "Life of Brian" came out. Nobody in the U.S. or any other country considered going to war over the works that criticized Christianity.

Let us note that the cartoons and teddy bear were minor offenses. I would hate to see what would happen if somebody published a cartoon depicting Muhammed performing depraved sex acts or somebody criticized Muhammed as being a false prophet.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

True... I can't even imagine what the reaction would be to a movie made about Muhammed that is similar to "Jesus Christ Superstar." Hell, they'd probably try to burn the movie studio down that produced such a movie...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
...yes, the difference is that there are no "Christianic" states as there are "Islamic" states.

obviously...
now, if there was a truly "Christianic" state, i wouldn't expect it to behave that much differently.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

this video was cute and silly. if it had been any religion making fun ofn chritianity it would be a non issue. muslems have burned down over 300 churches and other religious temples over the past few years. screw islam and its double standards. if the islamists want other religions out of their lands they in turn should stay out of other peoples lands,

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

and it's funny that the ones that burn down churches in america are christians themselves...

i mean, honestly, how many religious sites have christians destroyed over these few centuries?
how many this year?

how many kids are beaten in the bible belt for not going to church every year? (if you're going to say i'm stereotyping, i grew up in the bible belt and know enough about it)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
if the islamists want other religions out of their lands they in turn should stay out of other peoples lands,

The problem is that Allah told Mohammed that Islam is the only true religion in the world, that he, Allah, created everything and that all people had to worship Him.

Meaning that the whole world has to become Islamic and that Islam doesn't have to compromise because it is always correct.

When my intelligence is feeling partiularly offended by the likes of Hambali and his ilk I ask (but have yet to receive an answer) why I have to grow a beard and headbutt the ground five times a day just because some idiot suffered heatstroke in the 6th century.

When my intelligence is feeling particularly offended by the likes of our good reverend, I ask "Why, Oh, Lord, hast thou forsaken me to suffer these fools?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join