It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State - on A&E

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's entertaining but that's about it. They use psychic Lorraine Warren who makes claims of the Amityville hauntings to be true while it is believed to be fake. That pretty much dampers it for me on it's believability.

That and it has the whole Blair Witch Project vibe to it. IMHO do not put to much faith in it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Just my personal opinion here. I don't like Paranormal State for the simple fact that they really don't do any investigating. It's more like oh you have a "haunting" well... Lemme bring in my psychic who is going to say anything to keep our show on the air! Ugh

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I watched Paranormal state when it first came out in the U.S. just like I did when Ghost Hunters came out. But after the season went on the stories and claims made just got more hard to believe.

I used to LOVE Ghost Hunters until I found out that they Hoaxed multiple encounters on their show, that was a real let down.

Paranormal state is no different than any other show of its kind. It's all for show and shock value nothing else.

I know that's harsh but it's true. A bunch of college kids are not going to be paranormal experts.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by TV_Nation]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This show is fake. Every scene.

Whoever said the show is more about the host than anything was right on. This guy is a paracelebrity and he's milking it for all its worth. Which sucks, I used to watch the show pretty regularly. Quite the betrayal. Once they get caught faking evidence its basically all over. What can they possible produce that could be considered legit? It doesn't matter how good the evidence is, its all questionable now.

Kirby Robinson has some kind of vendetta against the show (Paranormal State) for some reason, he spends lot of time trying to debunk it. but he got together with a former client from the show and they had this to say about the taping. They go through the episode scene by scene.

The crew is apparently guilty of everything from faking evidence to supplying the psychic with information ahead of time. ry-ry (the host) and team conveniently hear noises just off camera-noises the client fails to hear at the time. The episode has a linear story line that reveals information as they apparently discover it-which, according to the client, was information they had from the beginning.

Which brings me to the psychic, Chip Coffey. According to the show he's the best psychic of all time. He has 100% accuracy. Seriously, he's never been wrong about anything. He should put those skills to use, maybe he can find Bin Ladin or something useful.
According to a former client the producers supplied Chip with all the information about the case before his arrival. And given his 100% accuracy rate, its guaranteed that's standard procedure.

The new guy Chad seems to fit right in. In all the episodes I've seen something always seems to happen to him that they never seem to catch on film or audio. In fact, out of all the episodes I've seen (which has been most-I watch for purely entertainment value now), they never catch any evidence. I can't think of 1 legitimate piece of footage or audio that can be considered legit-in 2 full seasons. But for some reason, tehy all seem very comfortable in labeling the hauntings demon related-which is true in about half the cases.

In other episodes they perform an exorcism. Apparently its a nice demon though, as it allows the possessed girl to get up and change her clothes and fix her hair throughout the exorcism. The girl is obviously in need of some kind of help, just not the kind A&E and the church offer.

So that's the basic idea of the show. Faking evidence, pretending to hear noises/see shadows move-with very little or no actual evidence to back it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join