It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of hell?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raphael

Lucifer has a heart of burning love for you too, he comes in a cloud in Jesus clothing and offers the gifts of Eternal Life.

Um... NO.

-------------------------------------------
Please read ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't know when it comes to things like this I like to be open minded, I'm cristian ortodox but I can already see the flaws in my religion, and I can see flaws in other religions.

The bible is a great book for refrence but I also like to take other points of view from other books and other people, I beilive the bible has some things to punder upon but considering how the bible is made you have to take it book by book and give it a relevance, I also like to look at the books that were not included in the bible but almost made it , or books that were left out for some strange reason because it did not fit with the curch policy at that time, I also like to listen to the point of view of other religions, for me it's not that far off, there are bilions of people here on earth with diferent religions, to say that cristianity is the only one that has it right is just too much.

There are other people that take it on cristianity , for example satanism is the anti christian religion, I find it strange that the only view concerining them is anti christianity, they blame everything on one religion and picture god as an enemy disregarding the posibility that god is simply god and not a christian priest, to stand up so much against god simply because of one religion is something irational.

My point of view.
There are so many planets out there and the universe is huge, it's simply imposible to disregard the fact that there is life out there, the bible also mentions about other worlds and about man never being able to get to them.

From my poit of view since I'm sure that god did create the universe since it makes so much sence, I can only picture that there are other worlds, are they all cristian? maybe christianity has it's good points of view, but does that mean that christianity is the only legal religion of the universe, just a note, this is not an acusation just a question.

I do not know how some people can make the clame and make other people do it also and simply threaten them with hell if they do not folow their simbols, their customs, their own indoctrination, with pictures and simbols on the walls of their worshiping place, with their religios outfits, and their signs.

Who is this guy? and why is he wearing that outifit?

pilgrimages.com...

Who told us we need a leader? where does it say that? , who put him up there , was it god? I can't find it anywhere in the bible, and in any other book.

How do we know how jesus looked why do we make pictures and painting of him and then kiss the paintings or worship them?

Why do we make pictures of god, if we do not know how god looks?
Who told us to do this? is it man or god?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
if there is a place to go to after you die then maybe it is ok to go to hell if your life has been full of u doing lots of bad things

like punishment for all the bad things u have done for the time u have lived

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ive never read the Bible so this is only my views based on assumptions Ive heard.

I guess its a place to torture sinners.

But when you think about it, everybody will go to Hell since everybody is a sinner, so how can what I think be right? Eh, Ill never know.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I saw a programme on NDEs a few years back. They said that about 17 percent of NDEs were of a hellish nature but that the figure could be much higher because some folk would be unwilling to tell of their experiences. Personally I believe that consciousness exists after the body (container) is dead and that wherever we end up could just be a matter of how we feel. It's kind of back to that "judge yourself" thing we hear spiritualists talk about. I think what's left is an emotional being who goes with the motion of how it feels. i.e. the entity feels fear and the surroundings become what it fears, or, the entity feels at peace and the surroundings are simultaneously peaceful. Similar to an acid trip IMO. You feel good and it's great. You feel spooked and it can get real bad. I think it's that same attraction/repulsion thing that exists throughout everything that exists.If there's any reason why we're all alive in the first place other than we've "just evolved", it's to take complete control of our emotions.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I saw a programme on NDEs a few years back. They said that about 17 percent of NDEs were of a hellish nature but that the figure could be much higher because some folk would be unwilling to tell of their experiences. Personally I believe that consciousness exists after the body (container) is dead and that wherever we end up could just be a matter of how we feel.
[edit on 16-12-2007 by wigit]

You are on the right track. Ask yourself this though, Who controls what you see, hear, and think if your soul exists in a container?

What if someone could take another persons soul and put it into another container within this existing container?

Now imagine you could do just that and the soul you placed into the new container within the container had no perception of the other container outside. The soul would think it has free will only it is really being controlled by an outside influence. (consciousness)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
that is a good question of chilren go to hell

but i think they do becuase if a adult can so can every body else

i think babys in hell is rong though becuase they are babys

so when babys die where do they go when they die

so can baby be bad enough to go to hell?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

Lets talk about your grammar first.....

But yes it's something I’ve thought about a little....

If god is both loving and merciful, would it really send children or babies to hell.....?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The purpose of hell was to make Dante's Inferno popular.
After all everyone like a good horror fantasy...
"Abandon Hope all yea who enter ATS"...ROFLAO

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
in a balanced universe, you douldn't have this group of people over here enjoying everlasting peace, happiness, ect.......unless of course, you have another group overthere in everlasting torment, could you?

or at least that is one answer that I've been given.

I still say that no one is condemned to hell, it's just someplace some misguided souls chose to go because they wouldn't be allowed to make other people's existance hell in heaven.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
About 20 years ago a super holy voice inside my right ear said in french, tes trop dur, followed by three gongs. It was very strict, and since that day I believe in god and the afterlife. I think if everybody would get a voice like that from the other side we would have a lot less crime. It hurt my ear for about a good hour and a half. One thing for sure
things get very strict in the afterlife, and I do think theres a hell, and infact am very happy there is one. Im pretty sure god doesnt forgive everything, a mass murderer is definatly going to place like hell. I dont have any religion, and believe jesus must of had a holy voice speak to him at some point aswell, and I believe that his bones were relocated by the romans in the tomb by externstein, the one you see in my avatar. I will open a thread about this when the time is right. For those who dont believe in heaven or hell, all I can say is, dont take the risk, just incase everything is true. Two things changed my life, that holy voice in my right ear, and the ufo encounter I had. I believe in god but not in religion, there are great rewards for the good, and severe punishment for the evil, its as simple as that.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm curious to know of the people who believe that Hell is only a concept used by Religion to control people - since in your mind it doesn't exist, do you live your life any differently? Is it like believing there's no such thing as Jail, solitary confinement and the death penalty? If not, what keeps you in line?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
I'm curious to know of the people who believe that Hell is only a concept used by Religion to control people - since in your mind it doesn't exist, do you live your life any differently? Is it like believing there's no such thing as Jail, solitary confinement and the death penalty? If not, what keeps you in line?

Hello Regina,

One does not need to live in constant fear of eternal damnation in order to live an ethical life.

Some work for the alleviation of suffering not from fear, but from love.

The smile of the beggar who has just been fed is incentive enough.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I'm curious to know of the people who believe that Hell is only a concept used by Religion to control people - since in your mind it doesn't exist, do you live your life any differently?

Nope, I live my life as I see fit to live it, peaceful and without conflict with others.

Is it like believing there's no such thing as Jail, solitary confinement and the death penalty? If not, what keeps you in line?

Jail you can go visit, during visiting hours!

Solitary Confinement, you can pay a prison to experience that, or just stay home alone a lot. I've seen it in documentaries to. They have solitary for children, they call it "time out".

Death Penalty, we know George Bush killed 150 people through the death penalty, we've seen plenty of people hanging from ropes in photographs. Those people in those photographs never wrote any books or got into the media to tell about how their death were a hoax.

See the trick is figuring out what exists in reality, and what exists in your fantasies, and keeping them separate.

Thats what is generally termed sanity.
Its fun, try it.

Hell is for the gullible.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
do you wish to be ruled by fear and punishment, or do you wish to be ruled by love?

I'm sorry but for just about all the big moral codes, there is also alot of reason and logic behind them....
steal a piece of candy from a baby, and see if you don't find a reason not to do it again, outside of your fear of hell. unless you have absolutely no compassion whatsoever, the cries of the baby will deter you the next time. and well, I don't think heaven is fit for the uncompassionate, do you?

children are ruled by fear, and punishment, with an occasional treat for good behavior. they are expected to obey with little thought behind their obedience. I just kind of think that God would like his children to grow up!! discover the why behind all of these moral rules that he has laid down. and find a reason to live by them outside of fear.

sty

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
NDE - near death experiences - lots of MP3s and Videos, very interesting to make a picture of what people talk if they manage to come back from death . One particular case was a person in Russia who died and was in the "cold room" for 2 weeks. After this he managed somehow to get back , check what they say -

www.spiritlessons.com...

[edit on 27-12-2007 by sty]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The sould when you die is just going to enter a new conainer. Your soul resides in the container of your body right now at the present time. When you die your soul leaves this existing container and enters the spiritual realm. Your body is a container, The Earth is a container, The solor system is a container, The Galaxy is a container. All of these within themselves follow their own footprint of time and space while residing in the larger container of the universe which follow a universal time which we can not yet fully understand.

When we die our souls will be placed in a new container. Will you choose to go to a natural ascension or will you choose to worship false God's and be placed into a vessel of the underworld created in the sun?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join