It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of hell?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Kacen

That would be a no. Not remotely. I was using him as an example to demonstrate the two extremes of humanity.

Well, okay then, but now that I think about it, apparently the afterlife feels that way, in your religion, if you know what I mean...

Same punishment apparently awaits for me and Hitler... *cough* Kinda...uh...implying we're on the same level...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Raphael

Again, you are trying to mesh and reconcile pagan deities and theology with God's attributes. The Bible equates Satan with the Serpent by name. It is not surprising to me to see how pagan religions deified the serpent or personified their false gods with the imagery of a serpent.

Now, if you were not a Christian I probably wouldn't be so adamant about this point or use the Bible to back this up but since you claim to be one (I think?) then it is clear concerning what the Bible says about such things. You cannot be a Christian and then say that the God of Israel and Christianity is nothing more than the same God visiting other religions in the fashion of a serpent. Period.

Saying that God appeared to all of mankind in different forms throughout the ages, giving them all different revelations, is part of the New Age movement in order to appease the itching ears who want to hear what they want to hear. There is nothing scriptural about it.

As far as I can see, this discussion is closed on my end. If you claim the Bible is the Word of God, which is obviously a fundamental truth of Christianity, then it would be heretical (I hate that word but it fits) to believe or teach what you are saying.

Period.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Have you ever witnessed anything Divine or of Spirit?

Ask yourself who holds the authority to decide what is truth?

Have you ever experienced any form of Divinity?

How can you preach the Divine to me when you have never entered God's kingdom?

Tell me the name of the keeper of the 2nd heaven in this world? Tell me? If you can not answer the least of God's Kingdom then you have not received salvation which only resides in Truth and Love which is the Spirit of God.

I hold many TRUTHS from Heaven which were divinely inspired by God through his Spirit to me. Test me if you do not believe. You however speak from your Ego and not from your Heart.

Do you know The Father or his Bride in this world? You will continue to defend your imaginations as factual scriptures. Christianity was founded on many Pagan parallels.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Raphael]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raphael

There are only two questions I have for you:

Are you a Christian and do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
there is only one person who can I think seriously answer this question and that is the reincarnated archangel michael who also is a ATS member
incarnated

he could totally shed some light on this, he has lots of time cause hes just waiting for 2012 anyway

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
I was just thinking, as soon as god sends us to hell in the first place, for what ever reason, isn't god then 'abandoning' us? God resides in heaven not hell......that's where Satan is
[edit on 11-12-2007 by andre18]

No, it's that we've chosen to abandon, or rebel against God. God has one place for those who refuse his sovereignty, and that's the place he's prepared for the original rebel, Satan (originally Lucifer). I'm not ready to say that everyone who is removed from God's presence is never given another chance, but if that's the case, I will trust in God's justice. After all, it wouldn't be heaven if Satan is around causing trouble.

And just out of curiosity, who is Satan, isn't he the god of hell (or miner god), but I thought there was but one god, no wait, there's three, but one, but three, wait what……...?

Satan has been made a god by many over the millennia, but he is a creation just like you and I. Perhaps among the grandest of all of God's creations, thus his pride which was his downfall, and also the source of his usefulness to God.

Satan from what I’ve read he is the prince of darkness, a fallen angel, a demon and is known as many names: including Lucifer, Hades etc.

Actually, I think that it’s Ozzie who’s known as the prince of darkness.
Fallen angel is probably the best description, or perhaps chief of the fallen angels. To call him a demon is an understatement IMO. Hades is the Greek word for the world of the dead, and is never applied to Satan as far as I know. It is bit of a player in the New Testament though. en.wikipedia.org...

edit for the usual crap

[edit on 12-12-2007 by resistor]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Raphael

I do believe in Jesus and yes the bible is the Word of God.

I will never succeed in helping the unconvincable who are set in their own interpretations. I don't think a man is capable of learning if they are so set in their ways. The Bible has been rewritings and interpretations of man for centuries upon centuries. As languages changed interpretations got lost or skewed.

This is Babylon again and the Tower of Babel is standing strong. Once again confusing the world of the Divine Truths of Godliness which lie in the Heavens.

How do you interpret the transfiguration of Jesus? I assure you he did not rise again on Earth but in God's Kingdom through the help of God and his crafty furnace.

Ask me, and I will remove all doubts. Ask me, as I asked My Father to show me the light. Everything I tell you can be tested against scripture. I request the test of my words as it will only help me bring you to knowledge. This which I speak is Truth and comes directly from My Father who has lit the pathway and shown me the afterlife.

I do not claim to be all knowing, only God is all knowing. But I can share with you what The Father has shared in me so together we all may reach salvation.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
No, it's that we've chosen to abandon, or rebel against God. God has one place for those who refuse his sovereignty, and that's the place he's prepared for the original rebel, Satan (originally Lucifer). I'm not ready to say that everyone who is removed from God's presence is never given another chance, but if that's the case, I will trust in God's justice. After all, it wouldn't be heaven if Satan is around causing trouble.

Lets say i live for five years, for what ever reason, maybe i get hit by a car and so i die as a child....depending on how i've acted during that five years, i will be judged to either go to hell or heaven.

What happens if i go to hell for what ever reason of sin, how could god justify sending a child to hell.....a child???

Hades is the Greek word for the world of the dead, and is never applied to Satan as far as I know.

Hades is actually the Greek god of hell, the brother of Zeus and is basically another religous form of satan.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ashley I have a few questions for you.

Do you know why man needs a Messiah? Original Sin?
So we sinned? Why is there a Penalty? What specifically is the Penalty? What specifically happened to Jesus during the transfiguration?

When you find the answers to these questions you will find Truth as I have.

Religions are fragmentations of much larger historic and factual accounts of God's Kingdom.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Raphael]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Smit
reply to post by IncarnAngel

John 14:6 (KJV)

All religions lead to Hell; Faith in Christ leads to Heaven.

Can you list a source for this?

Here is what I find available via biblegateway.com

John 14:6 (King James Version)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Technically, when one has an NDE or astral projects, one only ventures to the First Plane. Demonland. That is, unless there are people who are on at least a slightly higher dimension and who can assist in temporarily severing the silver chord (the bond to the flesh) and raise the soul vibration to at least a basically spiritual place in The Light. As with most NDE's, this is typically on the Fourth Plane, where all the religious heavens or large cities of light are located.

6 months ago I would have said this statement should qualify you for mental observation

Now I am not so sure anymore....

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Raphael

Every religion has flaws, god is just god, god did not invent simbols to worship man did, god did not put men to wear an religioss uniform ,man did, from my point of view cristanity has it's flaws.
But you know keep kissing that cross, that is just what it is, 2 sticks crossed over and nothing more, god is so much more than any fanatic religion in this world.
I can't seem to find any place in the bible where god told people to make saints, man did, I can't find any place in the bible where god states to worship 2 sticks crossed over.

Did you know the bible is just a bunch of books, and it was not a single book? god did not create the bible man did.

The books included in the bible are not the only relevant books, constantine the great left out alot of books and just sorted what fited them and so that is how the bible was asembled.

They picked a bunch of books and then sorted them out on their own likeing, at the time where people were burning like a tourch or were people were hanged for anything cristianity found imoral.

Did you know that the man who invented the mecanism for printing letters that you are using now was incinerated by the curch for inventing this?

The bible was asembled at a time where things like that were happening and by people with blood on their hands.
So many books left out with difrent opinions, ohh well there you go.

I am in general happy with the state-curch separation, and did I mention? I beilive in god.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I firmly believe we are taught to reject astrology and the alignment of the planets and stars to ascertain the future. It is true that the "heavens declare His wonder" and that the sun, moon, and stars were given to us "for signs and seasons" but this was not to predict the future. It was for navigation, seasonal changes, crops and farming, etc. only.

There are over 100 signs given in the Old and New Testament referring to the end times but not one of them includes the positioning of the celestial bodies. The only "celestial sign" that is given is when the sun's appearance dramatically changes during the tribulation.

I'm not harping on you, though. I just wanted clarification on what you were implying by Venus.

The only thing here I would have to disagree with you on would be the reference to wormwood in Revelations. That is definatley an astrological sign that will cary a major impact...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Yes, I know all of that already and I know man's own fallacy crept in to philosophy and dogma which is why I go by the Bible and the Bible only. Not man made dogma, interpretation, and rituals.

reply to post by Raphael

God is perfect, holy, and without sin. Man's logic asks why sin is such a major thing that it separates us from God. How can me stealing $5 from a stranger who isn't looking really be that bad? Because any sin separates us from a perfect God. Sin is such a great blemish that it separates us from Him and calls for blood atonement which Jesus provided for us at the cross.

The penalty of sin is spiritual death and separation from God. Jesus gave us eternal spiritual life and restored our place with God.

The transfiguration was Jesus showing His disciples His glory and not His mere human form.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Do you know The Father or his Bride in this world? You will continue to defend your imaginations as factual scriptures. Christianity was founded on many Pagan parallels.

Raphael we were always taught the bride as the church and not Venus or any other planet... And of course the prince/ruler of this world currently as Satan/Bezelbub/Hasatan etc. etc. all the same entity which fell from grace as he desired to rule.

That is until christ returns to claim his bride the church/believers and throw Satan into the lake of fire.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tnt3kgt

I believe this will be some sort of meteor that hits the earth. It is an astronomical sign- not an astrological sign.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by tnt3kgt

I believe this will be some sort of meteor that hits the earth. It is an astronomical sign- not an astrological sign.

I am not sure the difference in terms, anyhow I was just giving you a hard time for fun

PS: I like your post and you recieved a few stars from me!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tnt3kgt

LOL! It's okay.

To offer a broad generalization, astronomy is basically the physical science of space guided by facts and physical, scientific manifestations. Astrology on the other hand is the spiritual study of the stars, planets, and other hocus pocus in an effort to foretell the future and such.

So, Wormwood is going to be a physical, actual event that needs no interpretation. It will be an astronomical and geological fact- not some sort of sign in the heavens predicting something ominous or open to interpretation.

[edit on 12/13/2007 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for the proper explination. Just saved me some time from going to dictionary.com or some similar website. I shall have to review your website you left a link to and let you know my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by tnt3kgt

LOL! It's okay.

To offer a broad generalization, astronomy is basically the physical science of space guided by facts and physical, scientific manifestations. Astrology on the other hand is the spiritual study of the stars, planets, and other hocus pocus in an effort to foretell the future and such.

So, Wormwood is going to be a physical, actual event that needs no interpretation. It will be an astronomical and geological fact- not some sort of sign in the heavens predicting something ominous or open to interpretation.

[edit on 12/13/2007 by AshleyD]

I couldn't agree with you more. I AM talking about an actual event and not some spiritual made up hogwash. Do you not realize the Bible you read reveals many astronomical predictions? Do you have no Idea who Elijah is? or Jesus for that matter in the ranks of Heaven?

Lucifer has a heart of burning love for you too, he comes in a cloud in Jesus clothing and offers the gifts of Eternal Life. Surely no one will deny he is the Messiah when they see him in all his Glory. But his time is short lived as he will be cut down from Heaven, and replaced by the Messiah of Love and Truth.

What makes you so sure you know Jesus? If you walked into a room and were looking at two identical twin Jesus knowing one lives in Truth and Righteousness and the other in Lies and Contempt. Which one would you choose to follow? How would you know which path is Truth? The Devil mimics God to the ("T") in order to deceive you and confuse you.

Which tree have you chosen to eat of in this life. God's Tree or The Beasts? Both come with authority and power. Do you think you can figure out who is the Beast and who is the Messiah on your own? I will pray for you as you continue to seek Truth and Justice.

Many will fall short or Heaven. With their ego's and smiles they run to salvation only to find a cloud of smoke. Abracadabra! The Serpent fooled you again into not loving your creator God. The False God and Messiah had deceived the men of the world and they paid the price of fire in God's furnace.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Raphael]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join