It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 everywhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well lately i've been seeing this year poping up everywhere in TV the movies and even the news, i think this is starting to become a more important year that i thought and not to get carried away by all the hype about the end of the world and stuff, but i think there is probably something defenetely there and very important.

If this is the end of days well then i guess there will be a lot of reflexion when the time comes, but then again 2012 could be just another year i cant wait to see because this is the last time for me anymore dates that follow with a date of expiration attached to them will smugly dissmissed by me.

Even Hugo Chavez has something to do with 2012 see for yourself
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
dont be so paranoid.
2012 is just another year that people think is the end of the world.just like
www.armageddononline.org... see al pages.
tons and tons of failed predictions.
dont worry the end of the world will come when the sun will eat us up, in some billions of years from now.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
of course 2012 is a very important year... the year in which god will setup his kingdom on earth and an end too satans rule on earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekers

are u serious or joking?
if u are joking then HAHAHA
if u are not then, BULL---t

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We are all going to start seeing more of 2012 just because it's right around the corner. It's not the end of the world but the end of the Mayan calendar. It has to do with time. What ever that means.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

is not the end of the mayan calander, 4786 October 13: The Maya Calendar Ends.

2012 is just the end of one Buktun , There have been 12 previous Baktuns without incident

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
sounds like you know more about that than i do could you elaborate on that if you dont mind.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Drzava,
What do you think about the Solar Maximum?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! Well I've done a lot of research on this 2012. This "ends the Mayan calender" One of those Bunktan thingys have ended. It's ended many times before. End of the world theories are crackpot. 13.0.0.0.0 i think is the date that falls around December 21-23 2012 and that's wha this theory is based on. The Mayans ended the calender there. Some say their system of the long-count, like our months and years represent cycles of the Earth and Sun. Now hears where it gets interesting.
The Sun may have a cycle where the poles shift every 400-700 years which is suspciously about the same time as a Bakton on the long count calendar (13.0.0.0.0 is the end of the Mayan calender). Another point recognizable here, the Mayan count starts over at 0.0.0.0.1. 2012 is suspected to be a very hot year (As if we already can't feel it getting hotter (it was 62 degrees two days ago and I was in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt when the average for this time of year is about 35 degrees)). Now this is suspected, not fact. The fact is, NOTHING WORLD THREATENING HAPPEN IN 2012 (At least naturally)! It's just another day, don't lose sleep over it.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by CalebTN]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava

Really? All the material I've read states that the Mayan Long Count Calendar is 13 Baktuns in length and that currently, we are living in the 13th which is supposed end around 2012. The end of this Baktun signifies the end of the long count and the ushering in of a new age.

Could you please tell me where you found that it ends in 4786? I'd be interested to read that.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To put things in perspective, at the beginning of the current long count the Summerian culture was just developing.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i've never really been one to fall into this kind of hype but i think this is probably a good incentive to do whatever you know i really dont think the world is going to end or that the gates of hell are going to fly open but maybe something else will happen like alien invasion like i dreamed it a while ago i just didnt get a date show to me but that was a crazy dream.

anyway aliens invaded earth and subdued everyone i was down in dc at the time just watching them fly by so anyway people got sent to their homes and they were patroling the streets when one of them came into my house and for some reason i just went at it with it and then woke up

but these were not greys more like some armored reptile but not green beige instead and also not scaly and no fangs that i could see

well like i said weird dream but my dreamsWtend to come true so there, now if i could only dream about winning the lottery that would be awsome!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
there are tons of ancient resources touching on the 2012, neighboring date that impends great change. -Dozens of "prophets",-Multiple cultures cultures and fallen civilizations, -Major religions (Date not given, but hints very close)
On the more scientific side many astronomers, geologists, and other of those relative fields say that the earth's magnetic pole has been tobbling of normal position

www.pureenergysystems.com...

en.wikipedia.org...'s_magnetic_field (see field reversal)

archives.cnn.com...

Those explanations whose results could characterize the key points in such a "end of times" era are currently backed by science. (notice how this important weather altering phenomena isn't flowing in the media). To be perfectly honest we Dont Know the Full Effects of a Magnetic field reversal. speculate if you will, but if worst comes to worst from what i currently know, then 2012 won't be just a year in the sun...

And IF it all does happen, IT Won't Be the End of the World, Just the End Of The World As We Know It..

p.s. Universal alignment with our solar system.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

dont worry the end of the world will come when the sun will eat us up, in some billions of years from now.

It may come a lot sooner than you think.
Meteor or comet impact, hypervolcano erruption, nuclear war & end of resources, invertion of the magnetic field, supernova explosion, blackhole or neutron star closeby the neighborhood etc etc..
All those will bring devastating effects to earth that will practically mean the end of the world for humanity.
Numerous masive extinctions came in the past for millions of spiecies. We are no exception and for those extinctions it was not the sun to blame.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by skeptical2012]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
yes thats true but if that does happen in my lifetime i'm mentally prepared for this already. i'd probably go back to the airforce now that i think about it that wuld be the best place to live and survive unless everyone looses their minds and the shooting starts after the event

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Originally posted by Drzava

Really? All the material I've read states that the Mayan Long Count Calendar is 13 Baktuns in length and that currently, we are living in the 13th which is supposed end around 2012. The end of this Baktun signifies the end of the long count and the ushering in of a new age.

Could you please tell me where you found that it ends in 4786? I'd be interested to read that.

I've always wondered: Why does it need to indicate anything?
Couldn't it just be the tablet the calender was on ran out of space? And, they figured they would be around to make another if needed? (no, Im not being pretentious with that.)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
well thats true maybe they decided to stop right there or the program ran out of funding lol

but whatever the case was i'm talking about now a days and with some predictions that i heard about.

join