It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the CDC not releasing AIDS data?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is another unusual move by a system that should have routine intergrated in it.

I'm talking about AIDS data. What are they hiding?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in an e-mailed statement yesterday it anticipates releasing the final results no sooner than early 2008. AIDS advocates and researchers said they've been waiting two years for the new figures, which are needed to set spending priorities.

HIV advocates have been looking for the new data since 2005, believing they show the need for stronger HIV prevention measures, Munar said in a Nov. 30 telephone interview. A number of activists are planning to protest the timing of the release at CDC's HIV Prevention Conference that begins Monday in Atlanta.

``Something is wrong,'' Munar said. ``We're either not investing enough in prevention, not investing in the right strategies, or other factors are sending us in the wrong direction.''

Bloomberg.com

Personally, I think the results are lower than we expect, and the CDC doesn't want to release the result until they introduce the "vaccine" that doesn't work, but will look good because cases of AIDS are declining naturally.

But, since I don't have the data to prove it, I guess it will have to remain a

conspiracy theory.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk

Personally, I think the results are lower than we expect, and the CDC doesn't want to release the result until they introduce the "vaccine" that doesn't work, but will look good because cases of AIDS are declining naturally.

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion considering your own link says they pretty much expect the figures to be about 50% higher.

But, since I don't have the data to prove it, I guess it will have to remain a conspiracy theory.

Don't worry, keep up the faith, you'll eventually stumble across your beloved conspiracy.

[edit on 3/12/07 by Skibum]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, I did do a little research before posting. You should too.

Friday, November 30, 2007

(MCT) NEW DELHI—United Nations experts acknowledged earlier this week that far fewer people than previously thought are living with the virus that causes AIDS.

They said the prevalence rate for the deadly disease has been falling for nearly a decade—even as the agency continues to issue warnings about possible pandemics in such countries as China and India.

The numbers, based on updated and more accurate methodology, have led experts to suggest a revamping of donor spending to combat AIDS, perhaps by cutting programs of limited use, such as promoting abstinence in youths.

Source

AIDS rates have been falling for a decade??

The Associated Press - 18 April 1996
ATLANTA (AP) The number of people in the United States diagnosed with AIDS in 1995 fell 7 percent from the previous year, federal researchers said Thursday.

The CDC figures confirmed that nationwide, the AIDS rate is declining, but more minorities and women are among its victims.

Source

How much you want to bet they introduce a new AIDS vaccine within the next few months?

new topics

join