It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't You Belive In God???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I didn't get to see what the attack was. I assure you I'm not a zombie, if it was of that nature.

I mean to say, we can't control our minds properly. I come bearing no insult and am insulted. I don't have any more to say.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
(Deleted)

Edit: responded to wrong thread. Sorry bout that.

~Ducky~

[edit on 27-12-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Columbus
Supernatural is a self-contradictory property. It essentially means God is not real, which contradicts the notion that you believe He is real.

Supernatural: Of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe.

No contradiction here.

What you are really ending up with is a God that really has no interaction with the universe, and does not even observe it.

A God nonetheless.

It comes down to Occam's Razor. There simply isn't any reason to believe in such a God because it adds nothing to our knowledge of the universe.

Correct, as I have previously stated, if there is no evidence for the existence of God then there is no reason to believe in such a God. However, lack of evidence is not evidence for nonexistence, and therefore there would also not be a reason for not believing in such a God.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 28/12/2007 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The "attack" was nothing of the sort. It's an appropriate analogy. I borrowed it from WiseSheep, who used it to describe Muslims. It also applies equally to Christians. There must be no Muslims around here.

Let me put it this way. I used to be a Christian, and I would describe myself at that time the same way. If I'd describe myself that way, it can't be that bad. Some people are too quick to report every little thing.

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
Supernatural: Of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe.

In other words irrelevant. It doesn't make any point about whether anything supernatural exists, and Occam's Razor tells us that it doesn't matter. Even if there were something beyond our universe it might be no different from what we've got here, or even be simpler than this. And even if it's more complicated, it would still not address the multitude of problems with god.

A God nonetheless.

Yeah, for whatever it's worth, an irrelevant God that never interacts with the universe, but these aren't the only problems. Your confidence is based on ignorance, as you've only scratched the tip of the iceberg in terms of the problems with god.

Correct, as I have previously stated, if there is no evidence for the existence of God then there is no reason to believe in such a God. However, lack of evidence is not evidence for nonexistence, and therefore there would also not be a reason for not believing in such a God.

Actually, lack of evidence is justification for not believing something. If I'm hunting for a particular subatomic particle and I don't detect it where I should, that's evidence for it's nonexistence.

The fact is a lot smaarter people than you have been looking for God a lot longer and have previously eliminated possibilities you haven't started to consider yet.

And that is the great annoyance of theists: each one needs to learn individually every single problem with god and they've been sabotaged by faith, so they rush to get an apology for each one, as fallacious as they are, and run back and tell us what we already know, so we can inform them of the fallacy, so they can rush back to their pastor to get a slightly newer, but still fallacious apology, and around in circles we go, and where the faith stops nobody knows.

C

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i/my wife both believe in Elohiym absolutely--for the time being we are prisoners of the earth prison run by satan--the serpent god of this world that our first parents(adam and eve) chose/prefered instead of their Creators.when the 6000 years of experience by the majority rule runs out and we almost exterminate ourselves and destroy all the beauty the True G-D Beings made for us are ended we shall get to meet the True G-D and get on with a realistic no more lies pretend and deception life style.no more false religions and criminal activities will be permitted to enrich liars and deceivers again.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I believe I posted my concepts much earlier in this thread. I see nothing that can be explained by a god as reasonably as it can by natural processes, so I feel that god is an unnecessary concept that just muddies the waters of thought.

However, I'm fascinated by comparing the thread question, "Why Don't You Believe in God?" and posts like the one immediately above this. What could prompt someone to believe that post is an answer to the question?

Occam

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
...a realistic no more lies pretend and deception life style.no more false religions and criminal activities will be permitted to enrich liars and deceivers again.

What deeply troubles you is called injustice. Unfortunately, you have chosen exactly a false religion with its sole purpose to blind and delude you that it and only it is the path to true justice.

I would suggest you do some research on the philosophy of justice and educate yourself rather than rely upon the lies and glossy sales pitch contained in the Bible.

C

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join