It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manned Mission to Venus Dated - 1967

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

When you say "spectrum" are you referring to the colour spectrum or something else entirely?

The Electromagnetic Spectrum of which visible light (color spectrum) is a tiny part.
Wiki has a page explaining false color imaging

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
...Now that image does not show molten Lava everywhere, and the sky looks clear and bright... and I don't see it raining sulphuric acid...

I don't remember NASA ever saying that there would be "molten lava everywhere" on Venus. In fact, I've heard scientist's from NASA and institutions say that Venus would be very Earth-like (including temperautures) if it wasn't for the run-away greenhouse effect that causes the high temperatures. That doesn't sound to me that they're trying to convince the world that the surface of Venus is molten. I don't know where you got that idea.

By the way, when I saw the orange color, I personally did not think "molten lava". Altough it is true that the surface of Venus is probably mostly lava fields -- and by that I mean solid (cooled) lava, not molten lava.

The sky in that photo is bright because the exposure time was high. The Russians knew that not a lot of sunlight gets through the clouds, thus they would need cameras capable of longer exposure times if they wanted to get photos that are of any use.

The one thing that has been proven about Venus (by the Russian Venera spacecraft) is that the atmospheric pressure at the surface of Venus is about 90 times that at the surface of Earth, due to it's very dense and heavy atmosphere. This means that a human (and most normal spacecraft) would be crushed instantly by the weight of the atmosphere. The pressure on the surface of Venus would be like being under 1 kilometer (3200 feet, or 2/3 mile) under water. The Russian Venera spacecraft survided for only about 1 hour in the high pressure of Venus, even though they built it to withstand the pressure to some extent.

Zorgon, What is it that makes you doubt all of the scientific eveidence that Venus is a place that a human body could never survive -- even in a normal spacesuit? Why do you doubt the information about Venus that has been gathered by many different and independant researchers of the years from different countries? Do you have any scientific evidence that Venus is a hospitable place for humans?

Can't another planet just be that -- another seperate and distinctively different place than the Earth? To tell you the truth, I find if very interesting to find out about all of the different environments that can be found in this exciting and varied solar system of ours...much more so that if the solar system were a boring homogeneous place that contained a bunch of planets that were all exactly the same. It also seems much more logical that each planet has its own separate and unique environment.

[edit on 12/6/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Way past Jupiter and our galaxies past. They indeed have done many surprise take offs without our knowlege, but then again its that whole free energy zone, the 'zero point field of gravity' that they don't want to commercialize.

Good Thread.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Zorgon, What is it that makes you doubt all of the scientific eveidence that Venus is a place that a human body could never survive -- even in a normal spacesuit? Why do you doubt the information about Venus that has been gathered by many different and independant researchers of the years from different countries?

There was a time I thought as you... that everything we were told is gospel. What conditions are truly like on Venus I cannot say at this time... However I have heard from many other sources that things are not what we have been told...

And these sources have satisfied me that something is not right. Since I can't go up there and have a look I cannot say for certain whats going on...

But as to scientists...

Here is a post I just made in a Neptune thread... ( I am sure I can find just as many samples for Venus or any other place in the solar system...

Originally posted by sean
Neptune rock/ice core??? That sounds ridiculous!

Neptune's core is composed of rock and ice, and is likely no more than one Earth mass.
www.solarviews.com...

Neptune's core is made of melted rock, liquid hydrogen, ammonia, methane, and an ocean of water.
library.thinkquest.org...

I love this one 'solid hydrogen'

Hydrogen remains as a liquid all the way down to Neptune's core, because its internal pressure is not high enough to change liquid hydrogen into its solid
library.thinkquest.org...

Neptune's core contains more rock and metal than the cores of other gas giant planets. The planet has a magnetic field
www.astronomytoday.com...

Neptune’s core may be small because most of the rock composing the planet remains mixed with the vast ocean that extends upward from the core
encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia

One of the unique features of Neptune is that scientists have determined that Neptune's core causes the planet to give off more heat than it absorbs from the sun
www.adlerplanetarium.org...

I hear these puppies are as big as cars... so if all these diamonds are falling causing friction to account for all that heat... there must be a pretty big pile of diamonds by now

Hence, a rain of diamonds may be falling toward Neptune's core, which release heat through friction with its heavy atmosphere
www.solstation.com...

The core of Neptune is probably composed of liquid rock. Then, farther up, the liquid rock slowly gives way to an ocean, primarily containing hydrogen
filer.case.edu...

Most researchers had assumed that rock accounts for 25 percent of the mass of Neptune's core, making it more like Earth's interior than Uranus'.
findarticles.com...

Neptune probably has a rocky core wrapped in a layer of frozen water and other ices. The core is fairly large, so Neptune is actually the third most massive planet
stardate.org/resources/ssguide/neptune.html

That was Page One in a google search...

So much for main stream science...

And they call US crazy...

[edit on 9-12-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I don't remember NASA ever saying that there would be "molten lava everywhere" on Venus. In fact, I've heard scientist's from NASA and institutions say that Venus would be very Earth-like (including temperautures) if it wasn't for the run-away greenhouse effect that causes the high temperatures. That doesn't sound to me that they're trying to convince the world that the surface of Venus is molten. I don't know where you got that idea.

NASA Scientist Confirms Light Show on Venus
November 28, 2007

Venus is a hellish place of high temperatures and crushing air pressure. The European Space Agency's Venus Express mission adds into this mix the first confirmation that the Venusian atmosphere generates its own lightning.
-------
"In addition to all the pressure and heat, we can confirm there is lightning on Venus -- maybe even more activity than there is here on Earth," said Christopher Russell, a NASA-sponsored scientist on Venus Express from the University of California, Los Angeles, and lead author of one of the Nature papers. "Not a very good place to vacation, that is for sure."
-------
Instead, on Venus, the lightning is associated with clouds of sulfuric acid.
-------
Among other things, it will look for the telltale infrared radiation from lava flows.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

"Venus is a hellish place..." - NASA

NASA Astronomy picture of the day...

"If you could look at Venus with radar eyes - this is what you might see. This computer reconstruction of the surface of Venus was created from data from the Magellan spacecraft."

apod.nasa.gov...

A number of surface features on Venus are unlike anything on the Earth. For example, Venus has coronae (crowns), ringlike structures that range from about 95 to 360 miles (155 to 580 kilometers) in diameter. Scientists believe that coronae form when hot material inside the planet rises to the surface.

A computer produced this image in 1991, using information from a radar scan by the U.S. space probe Magellan. Image credit: NASA

www.nasa.gov...

he surface of Venus was scanned with radar waves beamed from orbiting space probes to produce this image. The colors are based on photos taken by probes that landed on Venus. Image credit: NASA

"Venus is a hellish place..." - NASA

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Those are some pretty rad pictures. Wish we could find out for ourselves instead of relying on outside sources, you know?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Now thats a scary place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join