It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Dinosaur Graveyard Found in Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Huge Dinosaur Graveyard Found in Spain

www.foxnews.com

Spanish scientists have unearthed what could be Europe's largest dinosaur boneyard, finding the remains of 65-foot plant-eaters never before discovered on the continent.

The paleontologists believe they have found eight different species amid the 8,000 fossils discovered so far.

The range of species they are finding at the 80-million-year-old site and their state of conservation is virtually unparalleled in Europe and challenges long-held beliefs about the way in which dinosaurs became extinct.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.graptolite.net

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Russia: Special Services aware of UFO construction

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A wide variety of dinosaur bones including species never before found on the continent are being remomed from the site to make way for a high speed railway bed in western Spain between Madrid and Valencia. The site is a treasure trove of various dinosaur species as well as other biological remains relating to the period. Evidence pointed to a sudden event causing the extinction of the animals such as the large meteorite that struck modern day Mexico.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Spain seems like it would be a less likely place for a massive graveyard
of fossils to survive for so long a time.
I would have thought places like the Gobi desert and the Patagona region
in S.A..

but i reckon that Spain was covered by mile thick glaciers for
millions of years, protecting the bones/fossils from getting destroyed.

i picture the 'CGI' herds of dinos in the Jurassic Park movies as
what they are uncovering there in Spain.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thats awesome. My parents are very deep into the paleontology world. My father actually skulps dinos for museums, colleges, Etc all around the world. They go on digs all the time and have quite the collection themselves.

I wouldnt be surprised to hear of them heading off to Spain soon!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Great, I love it when they find something unknown, in this case unknown in Europe.

In Portugal we also have found some dinosaur skeletons and footprints, but I am not aware of the number and quality of findings in Spain.

What I don't understand is how a thread called "Russia: Special Services aware of UFO construction" can be related to this.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

What I don't understand is how a thread called "Russia: Special Services aware of UFO construction" can be related to this.

Hi ArMaP,
Try this related post by Zorgon. Don't know how that....

I'm thinking there have got to be dinosaur remains in Portugal as you aren't that far away from this find! A few hundred kilometers? This sounds like a huge bunch of remains!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thanks, I couldn't understand the connection between UFO construction and dinosaurs, but we have all kinds of threads here on ATS, and that is a good example.

And I will grab this opportunity to, once more, show my best fossil, a tooth from a Carcharodon Megalodon.

(I hope the image appears, it does not appear on the preview)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

And I will grab this opportunity to, once more, show my best fossil, a tooth from a Carcharodon Megalodon.
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArMaP,
Well I guess your Portugese Carcharodon tooth beats my Alaskan Wooley Mammoth tooth! And you made your point that Portugal wasn't left out when they were distributing dinosaur remains!

My point on the UFO thread is that you never know what you get when you do a search. In this case a UFO thread discussing Gobi Dessert dinosaur eggs!

top topics

join