Popping Pills in Preschool

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Another thing I have noticed.
When I was being Diagnosed, I went through a series of tests, physical and mental to give my doctor a general basis of my level of intelligence.
I was given an Ad Hoc generalization, that I was not able to be on par with my peers. My parents were told that University was not an option and that I would be better off in a less " demanding" atmosphere.
This disgust me now that I look back. If one were to cosider the basic tenants of the test which consisted of a numerous amount of physcological questions, basic math, and english from which you are assessed and thrown into a denomination that makes on feel inferior. Believe you me, I felt as stupid as a rock, after this. I was told blatantly that I would not go very far education wise.
Though I can say, all these years later the opposite has occured.

Deep


Man reading this makes me want to go over your parents house and slap them.




posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Could not have said it better.


It is not that fact that bothers me though. No company actually cares about you; they are in it to make a profit. What bothers me is when they intentionally lie and try to make you think that they are your friend to earn your trust. Most of us all know this and aren't fooled by it, but is still makes me sad when some little old lady calls me at work crying because a company is discontinuing a product that she has been taking for years because it is not profitable enough to keep making it.


Yeah I know what you mean. It sucks. But what can you do?



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
You're not alone in seeing that one Jonna. I work for an insurance company (please hold back the stoning until I get away from the new computer) and our slogan is "A Business of Caring" which is also utter crap. Pfizer is much the same way about everything, as they were turning things red around town here because of the pollutants they released into the air on a daily basis for years.


They were releasing pollutants? What type of pollutants?



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I blame this on Doctors, and our education system, and parents somewhat.
I think children need to be observed and thier Gifts optimized and figured. Too many children are misdiagnosed with ailments that dont allow them to expand thier horizons.

Deep



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Frighteningly enough, I'm related to one of the people who created Tylenol.

I'm quite familiar with it's long-term side effects though, particularly after hearing about some tests a friend of mine had that came back and made his liver look like it was the size of a Buick and made of concrete..... scary thought, huh?



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
I'm quite familiar with it's long-term side effects though, particularly after hearing about some tests a friend of mine had that came back and made his liver look like it was the size of a Buick and made of concrete..... scary thought, huh?


No # its scary. Damm. WHat happened to your friend?



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Too many children are misdiagnosed with ailments that dont allow them to expand thier horizons.

Deep


I agree with what you're saying here 100%. We are creating a society of mindless drones all high on anti depressants. Its not right.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What kind of pollutants is a good question. I believe it was mainly Iron-Oxide type stuff as a byproduct of the pigments they were producing here. When we first moved to this area though, my parents were told by neighbors not to hang laundry outside at certain times of day or they'd wind up covered in red dust.

Comforting thought, huh?

This does go back quite a while however as I moved her when I was five from the Philadelphia area.... and that was 25 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was a problem until at least the mid-80s however.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
What kind of pollutants is a good question. I believe it was mainly Iron-Oxide type stuff as a byproduct of the pigments they were producing here. When we first moved to this area though, my parents were told by neighbors not to hang laundry outside at certain times of day or they'd wind up covered in red dust.

Comforting thought, huh?


Comforting? No. Disturbing? Hell Yeah. I am just imagining people breathing all that stuff in. One wonders how many health problems occured as a result.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
You're not alone in seeing that one Jonna. I work for an insurance company (please hold back the stoning until I get away from the new computer) and our slogan is "A Business of Caring" which is also utter crap. Pfizer is much the same way about everything, as they were turning things red around town here because of the pollutants they released into the air on a daily basis for years.


They were releasing pollutants? What type of pollutants?


Probably from the research labs and production sites.

There was a big drama a few years ago at one of the Pfizer New Jersey labs. Turns out that fumes from an investigational lab testing anti-pregnancy drugs got into the ventelation system and ended up in the women's bathrooms. It was before I got there so I don't know what the outcome was, but they cover stuff up from the media all the time.

~Jonna~
Resident Pfizer Mole



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
I'm quite familiar with it's long-term side effects though, particularly after hearing about some tests a friend of mine had that came back and made his liver look like it was the size of a Buick and made of concrete..... scary thought, huh?


No # its scary. Damm. WHat happened to your friend?


Oh he's fine now. More or less.

No long-term liver damage at least.

He was taking tons of Tylenol like they were M&Ms because of his knees. Younger than me and had a hard time walking around. Not a good thing. He's doing much better now though.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
There was a big drama a few years ago at one of the Pfizer New Jersey labs. Turns out that fumes from an investigational lab testing anti-pregnancy drugs got into the ventelation system and ended up in the women's bathrooms. It was before I got there so I don't know what the outcome was, but they cover stuff up from the media all the time.

~Jonna~
Resident Pfizer Mole


Yeah The media cover stuff like this up most of the time. I wonder how many health related problems caused by this type of pollution are never reported.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Oh he's fine now. More or less.

No long-term liver damage at least.

He was taking tons of Tylenol like they were M&Ms because of his knees. Younger than me and had a hard time walking around. Not a good thing. He's doing much better now though.


Tylenol is not bad unless you abuse it. I take it only sometimes when I get a headache. But I try not to when I can. I mostly just wrok trough the pain.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Oh he's fine now. More or less.

No long-term liver damage at least.

He was taking tons of Tylenol like they were M&Ms because of his knees. Younger than me and had a hard time walking around. Not a good thing. He's doing much better now though.


Tylenol is not bad unless you abuse it. I take it only sometimes when I get a headache. But I try not to when I can. I mostly just wrok trough the pain.


Agreed. He was definitely abusing the stuff in an effort to deal with pain in his knees.

I've learned to work through headaches and stuff. Meditation exercises help me push them away usually.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Agreed. He was definitely abusing the stuff in an effort to deal with pain in his knees.

I've learned to work through headaches and stuff. Meditation exercises help me push them away usually.


Yeah I learned to deal with pain since I've been living with it for the past couple years. I injured my neck a couple of years back and I've been living with chronic neck pain every day ever since. But by now Im used to it...so I just try and ignore it.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
CLEVELAND -- Millions of children are taking anti-depressants, but could those drugs do more harm than good?

The Food and Drug Administration is holding hearings on whether adult anti-depressants in children may trigger suicide.

www.wkyc.com...
_____________________________________________

As if things weren't bad enough already. WHat do you guys think of this. Jesus Christ.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The majority of the most commonly prescribed type of anti-depressants should not be given to people under 18, says the Department of Health.

The advice follows a review by medical experts set up to look at the safety of SSRIs after concerns that they made some patients suicidal.

news.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And in regards towards the usage of Ritalin.

www.nida.nih.gov...

Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

Methylphenidate is a medication prescribed for individuals (usually children) who have an abnormally high level of activity or attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). According to the National Institute of Mental Health, about 3 to 5 percent of the general population has the disorder, which is characterized by agitated behavior and an inability to focus on tasks. Methylphenidate also is occasionally prescribed for treating narcolepsy.


www.breggin.com...

And a more disturbing read,
www.ritalindeath.com...

This is an educational resource for parents who are being pressured into drugging their child for ADHD by a school Psychologist, social worker, teacher, or principle.

Parents want what's best for their child, in many cases at the start of the new school year parents are being told that their child has ADHD and that medication would be a great benefit.


www.healthysource.com...

WARNINGS - Ritalin should not be used in children under six years, since safety and efficacy in this age group have not been established. Sufficient data on safety and efficacy of long-term use of Ritalin in children are not yet available. Although a causal relationship has not been established, suppression of growth (ie, weight gain, and/or height) has been reported with the long-term use of stimulants in children. Therefore, patients requiring long-term therapy should be carefully monitored.

Deep



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Man those articles you posted are both sad and scary. Things are way out of hand in this country. I just can imagine what some parents letting themselves get bullied into medicating their children by DR's and teachers or whoever. It makes me sick.





top topics
 
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join