It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Rejects Christmas Message for Being 'Too Religious'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Church Rejects Christmas Message for Being 'Too Religious'

www.breitbart.tv

Watch the Video.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm just dumbfounded. The Church rejected the message for fears that it offended non believers. The whole point of the speech was that people of faith are under assault by those same non believers.

Let's hear your comments.

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Weird. It's like the establishment is trying to get a rise out of people. My take on this is that this whole BS is simply over-played or over-hyped to divide the common people.

Christmas festivities in this country I'm in (Malaysia) seems more.. festive, than it is there in the US. The malls are filled with evergreen trees, stars and snowflakes dangling from the ceiling with people (even Malays, who are Muslim) wearing those floppy red caps with the white puff-ball at the tip. Ads in the newspaper and TV have been playing since early November. It's merrier here than what I hear is going on there. Ironic, considering this is a Muslim country. But unlike the US, we actually enjoy multi-culturalism. Also ironic, considering the US is supposed to be the world's "melting-pot". Times have changed, I guess.

Seems to me like your government is trying to keep you occupied fighting amongst yourselves. That way they can continue with their crap policies, whilst the public is distracted over other matters.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I didn't read the article or watch the video, but from assuming what you say to be true I offer this.

What is Christmas? Do you think Christmas was set up to celebrate the birth of Christ? If you do, you need to check into history a little more.

There were people in those days when christmas came into being, and those people would celebrate the changing of the seasons. The Church at the time, thought they needed something to celebrate to win people over who celebrated that way. So they made up "Christ Mass".

The Church said: "Sure we celebrate the season too, come join us and you'll get presents too".

That dumming down of a holiday that doesn't exist isn't anything new.

new topics

top topics

join