It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Spring of Youth; America, take notes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yesterday, I was being a couch-potato, and i scanned by HBO and watched the Spielberg flick, Munich, for probably the hundredth time (Eric Bana's shining performance, imho) and something occurred to me. Throughout the country, the popularity of the wars we are waging in Afghanistan and Iraq have their ups and downs, and it's probably safe to say that the majority of people in the US are growing tired of it more every day.

My question is this; if these terrorist organizations have declared war on us, why not wage a completely special forces dominated war on them? It avoids the needless deaths of green-horn National Guardsmen that were just trying to pay for college, and dramatically cuts down on the spiteful attention the globe glares down on us with.

Here's a link to the specifics of Operation Spring of Youth.

I mean, we can all agree that terrorists are bad, correct? And most of us can agree we have the specialized man power, the cash, and the technology to make this a more covert war, right? So why not go for the veins of the problem and bleed them out directly? It is sure to cut down on the numbers or future terrorists, and more importantly, it terrifies the terrorists.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
thats a very good idea. but i think the reason why it was more largescale is that a covert war to kill terrorists would dis-include the huge grinding war machine that has to sell bombs, planes, lasers.. etc or they would go out of business, plus what would blackwater, or haliburton be doing if it was just a few dozen specialized teams rooting out and killing terrorists? they would have to lay off people, fire their lobbyists for not getting war contracts etc. Make no mistake, war is a business.

On another note, if the US did take the small specailized group route, we would be nowhere near iraq. and thats why most people disagree with the war in the first place, because it was unjustified. And on the world stage, after something such as 911 the US had to show utter dominance, if after 911 we just sent in a couple hundred badass teams and kept it all quiet, we might get the same job done (better and cheaper too) but other nations would see us as weak for having no response. IMO, the response in afghanistan was appropriate, but iraq, and the patriot act were overboard.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again...as long as the concept of martyrdom is there...body counts are irrelevant and will not win you the war. Why not just not fight them, huh? Why not just dump Israel? They never did anything for us anyways.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is just my two cents here - but 'terrorists' do not exist in America - they never have, so not matter what we send in the problem will persist.

Why would we send even more troops into war zones to take down the very same 'terrorists' that have taken over 6 years to defeat - and still remain defiant and resiliant?

I mean you can send special ops, green beret, heck, send the bloody Terminator - but you cannot defeat an enemy which exists predominantly in the minds of the people and in the hands of the media.

Yes terrorism is real - but it does not affect any country currently attempting to wipe it out. Terrorism in the modern era is reserved for the civil wars now raging across the Middle East and which were enflamed by military occupation of said region.

Terrorists are the new Nazi's, communists, child molesters, Vietcong, boogey men and monsters in the closet.

Don't get me wrong PartChimp, I see your point, and if his was a real fight against evil it would have definite merit, but sadly our current conflict is a war for the cameras - to keep the world in violence, the puppet masters in profit and to ensure innocents are kept in body bags.

Dont you think if the war was as real and desperate as it appears on TV that they wouldnt lead with special ops and aerial attacks and persist until said threat is wiped out?

(NB: I have friends fighting over in Iraq as we speak - so the severity of the situation over there is NOT lost on me. I just feel it is all for nothing - from both sides.)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
I've said it before and I'll say it again...as long as the concept of martyrdom is there...body counts are irrelevant and will not win you the war. Why not just not fight them, huh? Why not just dump Israel? They never did anything for us anyways.

It's more than body counts. It's tearing down their resources, silencing their outspoken leaders, and destroying their infrastructure. Ripping the terrorist organizations apart from the inside.

I fail to see your connection to Israel. You would abandon them now, when the whole of the Arab world would surely just inflict a horror worse than the one perpetrated by Hitler?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well thats what they tried to do in Afghanistan and they have had success's in that, However some times when our guys are outnumbered heavy forces are needed to quickly dominate the battle. I think we need to let Iraq try to stand on its own and if they need support then send in some but lets get most of our guys home. Our guys need a rest. Even the navy is keeping there men and woman out to long.
If these Idiots would move our troops out of places they are not needed like south Korea we would not have these problems. The south Koreans are some tough guys and they can handle the starving north.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
More importantly than attacking terrorism, would be understanding why terrorism exists, and figuring out what problems in the world society need to be changed so that there will be no reason for anyone to become a terrorist.

After that, the only terrorists left would be the truly crazy whackos, and rebels without a cause. Who would bother?

See, our government is trying to sell us on the idea that the human beings overseas are truly crazy, whacko, and out to kill. Yet, they managed to hold their societies and culture together just as long as we have (some say longer). So could they all be a bunch of murderous, insane people hell bent on suicide so long as it takes out a westerner?

I think overall, most people on earth are near-identical. We all want a safe home, a decent job, security and freedom for ourselves and our children. Whenever those things are threatened, people become desperate or violent. This occurs with ALL people.

I think that if terrorism exists as our government has portrayed it, it might have something to do with the people's lack of opportunity, equality, security, or freedom. Now, if it's their own countries which were responsible for all these violations, why would they be attacking the United States?

I have another proposal. Check out a book called "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins. There are also videos of him on google. This guy says that the US has been engaged in a kind of economic warfare with other countries which completely obliterates their ability to be self-reliant, out of debt, free, and prosperous, and that THIS is what is primarily the cause of all the discontent around the world for the US's foreign policies. Hmm... I think he may be on to something.

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." - Henry David Thoreau

[edit on 3-12-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
How do you tell the terrorist from the innocent man in the street.

It's not like the terrorist wear uniforms.

Do we just "KILL em ALL; LET GOD sort em out"

or like dionysius9 said strike at the root of terrorism.

My solution would be to give the would be terrorist a free satallite TV system and a subscription to the playboy channel, some nikes, a couple Tshirts and let them turn into couch potato also.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
How do you tell the terrorist from the innocent man in the street.

It's not like the terrorist wear uniforms.

Do we just "KILL em ALL; LET GOD sort em out"

or like dionysius9 said strike at the root of terrorism.

My solution would be to give the would be terrorist a free satallite TV system and a subscription to the playboy channel, some nikes, a couple Tshirts and let them turn into couch potato also.

Well, it seems like you didn't read the link I provided. Although a couple of civilians were sadly killed in OSOY, Mossad did just that; strike at the root of terrorism.

Going in to a hot-spot with reliable information and liquidating terrorist threats; not bombing an entire city where there may or may not be hostiles.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimp

Well, it seems like you didn't read the link I provided. Although a couple of civilians were sadly killed in OSOY, Mossad did just that; strike at the root of terrorism.

Going in to a hot-spot with reliable information and liquidating terrorist threats; not bombing an entire city where there may or may not be hostiles.

I read the link.

That raid by Mossad probably created 5x more terrorists than they killed

If any of my relatives [civilians] were sadly killed in OSOY style raid; or any or your relatives were killed in a like minded operation; would you just say uh oh uncle Jack was just accidentally killed; and let it go at that?

Speaking for myself; if an invading force killed any of my loved ones, I would do anything in my power to avenge their deaths.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Chopping the head off the snake doesnt work, there's always another snake waiting to take it's place... DRAIN the swamp and kill the habitat...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I think most people would try to avenge their families death; on the other hand, someone that wants to behead you on film and put it on the internet probably isn't going to be dissuaded by the playboy channel.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
PartChimp you are obviously a troll with an agenda to spread hate of all Arabs.

Namaste
whaaa

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why? Because he dosent fall hook line and sinker for all the evil America/Israel, 9/11 inside job, CIA made up Al Qaeda crap?

Just because he dosent believe the same things you do does not mean that he is an "Arab hater".

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

PartChimp you are obviously a troll with an agenda to spread hate of all Arabs.

Namaste
whaaa

So being anti-terrorist makes me anti-Arab? So while I was relieved when tim laveigh was captured, I was, in actuality, being an anti-Arab?

Sorry, but your attempt to be slanderous was ill-conceived at best, and very transparent. Thanks for trying though.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Whaa... That would be Me that has a problem/beef with some Middle East peoples...Namely the ones who think popping an allah vest in a crowd is a good idea, namely the ones who preach/incite a form of hate and intolerence toward anyone how doesnt knuckle under to their 12thcent. way of thinking, namely the ones who would see America dead and in flames... Those are the Arabs I have a problem with...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Who are the real terrorists?

The So-called "Insurgents" Have EVERY right to defend their country from Invaders (U.S.).

They bombed our tower and killed a couple thousand of our men and women.
So now we have a right to go into their country
and MURDER, RAPE, TORTUE innocent civilian, all in the name of fighting terrorism!

Real Terrorists = U.S. Military
And Terrorists need to be shot.
In the face.

If THOUSANDS of Angry Arabs came into our country, and starting murdering civilians, raping our women, setting up TORTURE camps and imprisioning people randomly, thinking they were justified because of a previous attack on their land -
If they came in -like we entered Iraq- , Would you not fight back?
Would you sit there and watch your country fall apart ?
Would you just sit down quietly while your friends and neighbors are getting shot down?

More of our troops over there need to be hit by an IED or something.
Maybe if that happens enough,
People will get the idea, and force our goverment to pull our troops out.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianSCENE
More of our troops over there need to be hit by an IED or something.
Maybe if that happens enough,
People will get the idea, and force our goverment to pull our troops out.

I find it interesting that your only post in this forum is one so incendiary and pathetically flawed. Wishing for your countrymen to be liquidated by IED's is truly disturbing.

top topics

join