It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Pursuing New Spy Satellite Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

U.S. Pursuing New Spy Satellite Program

www.cbsnews.com

Photo reconnaissance satellites are used to gather visual information from space about adversarial governments and terror groups, such as construction at suspected nuclear sites or militant training camps. Satellites also can be used to survey damage from hurricanes, fires and other natural disasters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why do I have the feeling that these may be designed with the hopes of keeping OUR actions more easily monitored?

This combined with the new "Homegrown Terrorism Act" does nothing for me but reaffirm the fears of global and domestic tyranny.

"Privacy" will likely be a total thing of the past before too long, if it's not already.

J

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Why do I have the feeling that these may be designed with the hopes of keeping OUR actions more easily monitored?

That's because you're an ATS conspiracy buff!

On a more serious note, how good is the resolution on this thing? Won't it be shot down by China should it pass over Chinese airspace (I don't make a distinction between stratosphere and magnetosphere)?

On a conspiratorial note, what makes you think they don't already have an advanced spy satellite up there? This is just a little something to keep the press people occupied.

join