It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Yeti prints' found near Everest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

A US TV presenter says he and his team have found a series of footprints in the Everest region of Nepal resembling descriptions of the mysterious Yeti.

The presenter and his colleagues say they are "very excited", although they are not saying they definitely believe it is the mark of the Yeti.

Josh Gates and his crew work on a series called Destination Truth, which follows reports of fantastic creatures.

The footprints found on Wednesday have renewed Yeti excitement in Nepal.

Mr Gates said they had been searching by torchlight at night-time because, he said, alleged sightings of the yeti had usually taken place at night.

They did not see the so-called abominable snowman himself.

Three prints

But a Nepalese member of the team spotted three footprints and alerted Mr Gates, who told the BBC the first print was a "pristine" right paw mark, 33 cm (13 inches) long, with five toes in a wide spread of 25 cm. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder if there is anything to this,or is it just a stunt to advertise the TV program?
Interesting news anyhow.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Already a thread on this below. It is an interesting story though. Destination Truth with Josh Gates is a cool show. Hopefully they get some film footage of the creature.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
How coincidental that these people work for a tv show that tries to track down "fantastic beasts" and they found, what they call, three perfect footprints in the snow. I don't understand why they would find only three footprints. Where are the rest? Can yetis fly? Were the other ones somehow wiped out while these three were left in "perfect condition."

I'm calling this bogus. I've never been one for yeti, bigfoot or other relate ape man cryptos. All the evidence has always seemed pretty circumstantial to me. I'd love to see to skeleton or something substantial besides vague eyewitness accounts and and grainy pics and video.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I tend to agree with you zephyrs,
A bit to convenient that their guide found the prints...
Could easily be a set up.
I still think there are Yetis though.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I was looking at this on the news i thought it was interesting but it seams the search for the yeti has been out of the spotlight for awhile. lets hope they have not made this up attention

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I hope not too 5th Hemisphere,
It sort of reminds me of the "yeti" hairs found by the guide(sound familiar?)of a group of scientists searching in Bhutan for the Yeti.
The hairs are still unidentified in terms of DNA!
They possibly come from a new species of some kind:

"British scientists on the trail of the Yeti have found some of the best evidence yet for the existence of the mythical Himalayan creature — a sample of hair that has proved impossible to identify.

Genetic tests on the hair, which was gathered from a tree in Bhutan, have failed to match its DNA to that of another animal. The findings, which have surprised sceptical researchers, raise the strong possibility that the sample belongs to an as yet undiscovered species.

In Bhutan, an expedition team was led by an “official Yeti-hunter” to a forest in the eastern part of the country, where he was convinced that an animal was at large. “He told us that he had found evidence of the Yeti in the hollow of a cedar tree,” Rob McCall, a zoologist who was part of the expedition, said. Dr McCall’s team removed strands of hair from the tree and returned to Britain to have them analysed."

originally from "the times" UK newspaper,but this quote is from a cached re post of the story:

www.bfro.net...

There was a TV program about this finding as I recall.
Strange how it always seems to be the guide who finds the "evidence" though!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think polar bears have fur on their on thier paws ( protection from cold )wouldnt a yeti have the same thing making the prints fuzzy not pristine
just a thought.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I accidently read about it on text tv a few days ago when i was checking time haha;D I knew I would find it here

Thx for the news. Kinda interesting

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Depending upon the degradation of the surrounding ice,a polar bears foot print may indeed look blurry,

www.auroraeducationproject.org...

www.arcticwebsite.com...

These look a little blurry,due to the ice melting I think.

The same thing could happen to any animal footprint,depending on the conditions.
I still really hope this is a few yeti footprints,although I also hope the creatures will remain mythical and hidden,so they are not farmed,experimented on, killed and eaten by us ravenous humans.
They may just have the sense to keep away from us,and that makes them clever IMO.

new topics

top topics

join