It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon objects (pictures for analysis) Re-visited:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I had an old thread about a bright object that tracked with the moon one morning and I took several pictures of it.

Many members felt that I conclusively, captured images of Venus. This conclusion is acceptable to me, as the curvature of the earth can distort images viewed from the planet surface.

I posted an update of another set of images taken in the opposit side of the sky as to rule out planets, comets and other natural bodies (ie. Sirius).
These photo's were taken in the western sky ....I truly believe that this photo has NOT been explained to my satisfaction and felt it deserved its own thread. An astute member pointed out that Sirius is close, to the position of the photographed anomoly...unfortunately..Sirius is 8.7 LIGHT YEARS away and the object I photographed were clearly right next to the moon.

(Here is the update)

I observed a (possibly multiple) object(s) again, in very close proximity to the moon. So I went into work and grabbed the company camera (a sony something) and squeezed off a few pics of this brightly flashing (red, blue, green) object(s).

I of course did not have a tripod and am not familiar enough with this particular camera to set it up on a timer, plus it was cold as @#%$ but what the heck...mabey I would get lucky and get a decent image...this thing was bright and its close proximity to the moon led me to believe that this might be one of the satellites in orbit around the moon right now.

(Venus was present but in the EASTERN SKY) So...without further a due...

I'm not here to "convince" anyone of much of anything...I saw an anomalous object, close to the moon but in the western sky almost directly up, and took a few photos of it...I found it intriguing that there appears to be three different or separate objects there...I could not see that from the ground. I thought this warranted further SERIOUS investigation as I am not claiming objects "shooting plasma rays" or "starfighters docking with the mothership"...

[edit on 2-12-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
That looks like the camera captured light from a light source not visible in the viewfinder.

That happens if the lens is getting some light in an angle that, because of the way the lens are made, makes that light enter an image where it shouldn't be visible.

I hope you understand what I mean, I should have explained it better, but I am having some difficulties putting what I am thinking into words.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hey ArMaP, yes I do grasp the concept your trying to explain. (Did a fine job if I understood it..:lol
This very well be the case. The object was stationary, flashing brightly, and to be honest I thought it might be on of the sats in orbit there...KOOL. But upon further inspection, it appears to be 3 separate objects based on the other two photos which of course are badly motion blurred so I did not post them initially. Ill toss them up late so you may try and see the comparison Im making...or it may help substantiate your view. Either way hopefully we can get an answer! Thanks for your input, as always its valued.

new topics

join