It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber War declared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
business.timesonline.co.uk...

I have McAfee and in fact have noticed the main source of attacks on my computer seem to be from China. When are we going to wake up and smell the coffee.. China is attacking US economically as well..whether you want to pretend it is becoming capitalist or not ...US continues to shop and buy Chinese products with little/no quality/safety considerations. You don't think they are using these dollars to build their war machine? They block ports for US Navy.. They configure attacks on satellites.. A while back I noticed working at defense co Dell was getting its computers from China. Ever consider that some extra HW/SW might be coming with those?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Apparently nobody cares....

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
And yet another

www.abcnews.go.com...

This time Oak Ridge National Labs...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So China is flexing its muscles? well good on it!
America fighting China with Chinese hardware?
Now thats funny!
but not surprising, the Chinese are very smart

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Mahem87, much truth(irony).. You forgot the other point- using US consumer dollars to do it! Sun Tzu is still alive.. Evidently the US doesn't get it.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
My Mistake, Thanks

I guess that point, makes it clear enough for itself any who.
Sun Tzu
I like how that fits into all this

A computer is a computer, and if you can't build the best, why not buy it?.(not to say America can not build the best or haven't, nor that China can or has either)
Plus at least the Chinese have the brains to sit behind a computer and use it properly. (No offense Bill Gates)

And since when has the American Government seen much sense in anything?, not recently anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Surprised so little interest. China is the elephant in the room, and the government and media seem to want to bury it from public view like a cat buries its business in a catbox. The problem is you cant bury an elephant.

Unfortunately, no one cares. You tell the democrats that China is the biggest threat to our security, they will laugh or call you a racist while in some back room the Clintons sell some more nuke tech in exchange for campaign money.

If you tell the republicans, they laugh, and tell you that terrorism and Islam are the biggest threats and China wouldn't do it, while they take campaign money in the backroom from Chinese and US companies for relaxing work and safety standards.

You lose, you lose, and no one seems to care.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I'll drink to that..well said..

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Somewhere along the way I did a report on how the US declared the internet to be an asset of national importance and vowed to protect it with whatever force necessary.

A threat which clearly includes military action.

It's an interesting game, when do you step across the line into threatening national infrastructure? A couple of hackers taking out a nuclear power plant and suddenly you have a very real crisis on your hands.

We are merely at the beginning of anotherr cold war.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nerdling

Another Cold War? No, a real live war. Just the battleground will be one totally new and never before seen in history.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
While publicly our governments do appear to not see the growing threats that many of us do see and feel, in the game of commerce and hidden agendas, those very same threats take on a different prospectus. A country seen by one as flexing its muscles will usually be seen by others as potential business partner..

Any country that is declared as a 'super power' or close, has to expect some unwanted attention in its world affairs, it goes with the job.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Every intrusion that my peerguardian catches is from China, either from the government itself or some random company. I'm not sure how a cyber attack could be useful on individual computers, but it can't be too hard to get into national security systems... Maybe it's intentional? It seems alot of exploits in the system are now being brought to light, it's almost creating a planned need for heightened security. Lately everything just reeks of conspiracy...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think that, if a foreign power is to attack another, then the attack, specifically if its cyber-warfare will be not only against it's government and infrastructure,
but also the entire population, for almost and anyone can communicate in unrestricted ways and almost instantly over computer and internet systems,
easy of use, and that it can be used almost anywhere.
Why let your enemy gain access to such an asset?

new topics

top topics

join