It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Muslims Speak Out Against Extremism (again)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

agreed.... i don't see a lot of christians going out to protest against the westboro baptists, but i don't admonish them for it...

i may be no friend to religions, but i am friend to logical argumentation.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The whole "Muslim Community Center three blocks away from Ground Zero that happens to contain a mosque" thing is really getting on my nerves, so I'd like to bump this old thread that regards one of the many, MANY instances of moderate Muslims condemning religious extremism and terrorism.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Since this thread is getting little traction, I thought it would be helpful if we could start compiling instances where moderate Muslims speak out against extremists.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Look dont even bother trying to convince anyone that any considerate amount of moderate muslims disagree with radical islam.
The MSM does a bad enough job of it already? Any that do are the
sheeple of islam and do not agree with the imams.
When a number of imams come together with their congregations in
tow and vocally condemn radical islam and their global agenda
(caliphate), then i will listen.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

What maybe more relevant is what actions the Muslim communities themselves take against the extremists and terrorists living amongst them.
Talk is cheap.
Acts and deeds are what's important!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
[edit on 29-8-2010 by cindyremains]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Im more interested with the muslims who come to western
countries and with no fear of retribution cant openly oppose
these regimes.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, it's a bit of a different situation there because arms are involved. How many communities of any persuasion can you think of that actively oppose armed members of their own community?

Though I can give you plenty of examples: in Iraq and Afghanistan the USA has plenty of local sources and informants working with them against the armed extremists and other insurgent groups.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Do Canadian Imams count?

That's the most recent and it's a story less than a month old. Imams have gotten together repeatedly in the last decade condemning the actions of radicals violent extremists.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well unlike many of the writers here I have stood up against wrongdoings in my own ethnic minority both here and in the US. Decrying the numbers is one thing but most people here do not understand how hard it is stand up against the demagogues and their camp followers who would police the community.

These moderate protestor are in a minority of a hated minority (moslems are hated) becasue they actually showed a division in the moslem community. Thoise who have been around moslem communities would actually know that most moslems are infact moderate and just go about their lives without questioning (jeez they sound like the average American or Brit).

I can imagine the coments from the Islamic demagogues who see themselves as the guardians of their community as they would call these moderate protestors "Bad moslems" Not true ____________ (Insert nationality). "Self Haters" Stooges to the ________
(fill in with hate words like infidels, etc). Of course most ATS users never face that sort of thing but boy the hate and the ignorance just keeps coming! These moderates are a silent majority in any community who have decided to stand up and be counted.

Of course Women are never oppressed in the developed countries.. I mean that the are more women CEOs and Directors than Men in the US and UK. Women can wear what they like without comment. And rape never exists in the West unless of course it is done by moslems.

If you believe the West is free of sexism then why not buy a London bridge from me. I will sell you guys 2 for the price of 1 and have them delivered in time for Xmas.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I have been saying this for awhile and I am very happy to see it.
Great thread, big thumbs up on this one.

This is great news and I had my doubts but the proof is in the pudding. Good for them and I hope this grows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join