It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
The upsurge in H5N1 bird flu outbreaks around the world has led to the slaughter of millions of birds across Asia since late 2003. It remains entrenched throughout Indonesia and in parts of Bangladesh, Vietnam, Egypt, Nigeria and China, posing a threat not just to those countries but the world, Nabarro said
Most people killed so far have been infected by domestic fowl, and the virus remains very hard for humans to catch; about one-half the people infected die. But experts fear it could mutate into a form that easily spreads among humans, sparking a pandemic that some have said could kill anywhere from five million to 150 million.
Avian influenza cannot be diagnosed by symptoms alone, so a laboratory test is required. Avian influenza is usually diagnosed by collecting a swab from the nose or throat during the first few days of illness. This swab is then sent to a laboratory, where they will either look for avian influenza virus using a molecular test, or they will try to grow the virus. Growing avian influenza viruses should only be done in laboratories with high levels of protection. If it is late in the illness, it may be difficult to find an avian influenza virus directly using these methods.
Outbreaks of avian influenza H5N1 occurred among poultry in eight countries in Asia (Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam) during late 2003 and early 2004. At that time, more than 100 million birds in the affected countries either died from the disease or were killed in order to try to control the outbreaks. By March 2004, the outbreak was reported to be under control.
When the wicked leaders of a wicked nation want to:
• Create FEAR and CHAOS and TERROR throughout the world
• Take away the rights of citizens in every nation in the world
• Create a world-wide pandemic and annihilation of a large segment of a nation’s population by forced vaccinations that secretly contain live bacteria and viruses for AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, and small pox, as well as preservatives made from mercury that cause brain damage and autism
• Control every country in the world by allowing the World Health Organization (WHO) to enter and take over their emergency medico-political apparatus and place embargos or quarantines on the entire country
• Eliminate the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 which bans the military from participating in police-type activity on U.S. soil. This act specifically prohibits the government from using the military against its own citizens. (This Posse Comitatus Act was severely violated at Waco, when U.S. military troops were used against the Branch Davidians.)
• Help create famines in order to annihilate a large portion of the world’s population by killing off the food supply of any and every nation, by killing their chickens, turkeys and other birds used for food.
• Declare martial Law and suspend the Constitution
All they need to do is create - out of thin air –
the Bird Flu “Pandemic” HOAX!
Despite those strides, the risk of a worldwide human-to-human pandemic remains as great today as it was when the hard-to-treat H5N1 flu strain first gained intense attention in mid-2005, said a new report by Dr. David Nabarro, the UN official co-ordinating the global fight against avian influenza, and World Bank officials.
For Category 2 or Category 3 pandemics, planning for voluntary isolation of ill persons is recommended, whereas other measures (voluntary quarantine of household contacts, social distancing measures for children and adults) are to be implemented only if local decision-makers have determined that characteristics of the pandemic in their community warrant these additional mitigation measures. However, within these categories, pre-pandemic planning for social distancing measures for children should be undertaken with a focus on a duration of 4 weeks or less, distinct from the longer timeframe recommended for pandemics with a greater Pandemic Severity Index
1. Isolation and treatment (as appropriate) with influenza antiviral medications of all persons with confirmed or probable pandemic influenza. Isolation may occur in the home or healthcare setting, depending on the severity of an individual’s illness and /or the current capacity of the healthcare infrastructure.
Poland's veterinary service has culled 4,200 turkeys following an outbreak of deadly H5N1 bird flu on two poultry farms northwest of Warsaw, officials said today.
RIYADH, 2 December 2007 — More than four million birds have been culled in the Kingdom since avian flu was first detected on Nov. 12 in 1,500 birds at a farm in Al-Kharj, said Agriculture Minister Dr. Fahd Balghunaim.
Speaking at a press conference at the Agriculture Ministry yesterday, Balghunaim said that a total of 4,290,975 birds had been culled. “Culling is the most effective method of controlling the spread of the disease,” he said, adding that as a precautionary measure birds found within a five kilometer radius of the infected farm have been destroyed.
According to the World Health Organisation, the virus has caused more than 200 deaths in humans globally since 2003.