It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says it has right to kidnap British citizens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I have to admit you had me thinking twice, but the dollar remark swayed me to your intent, oh and of course the classic use of 'ingest' as a suffix to really get your point across.....made me chuckle..

Not sure about the theme of this thread though, its outlandish to think that allies would do this, but I tend to believe it happens with or without permission or knowledge.

Allies smallies, only as long as necessary.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Someone earlier in the thread asked about extradition to countries with the death penalty.

We (UK) will still extradite to those countries, but we have to have an assurance that the death penalty will not be used.

This doesn't really surprise me too much, I bet our MI6 do this sometimes too, just don't shout about it.

I really doubt this will actually be used against UK citizens though, the way we currently go along with pretty much anything the US wants, I can't see an extradition ever failing though the normal processes.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

Hi,
Concerning the American arrogance, there is no denying that it is there. It is almost as if the U.S government KNOWS it can't be beat. Makes me wonder if maybe they do have some kind of secret, super advanced, beat all weapon or something?
Maybe alien friends/partners in crime?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EverAfter

Can't be defeated? You've got to be kidding. Troop morale is at an all time low and we havn't enough boots on the ground to clear Bagdad of it's insurgents. Sure, violence is down, but does that translate to "We're winning"? I think not. The "terrorist" (as we like to call Iraqi freedom fighters) simply got tired of killing their own and blowing themselves up. Just because we decided to be hard asses and "stay the course" doesn't mean that we're winning the war.

We didn't win in Korea. If anything, it was a stale mate. We didn't win in Vietnam. We withdrew due to public unrest. We havn't won an actual War since WWII. Actually, if you want to get technical, we havn't fought an actual "War" since we declared war on Japan during WWII.

Conventional armies can be defeated by unconventional tactics. Insurgents know this and that's why they use these methods against our troops. Never fight a battle on your enemy's terms.

This government wages wars like they "can't be defeated", but they're not the ones over there fighting and dying.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Woohoo, YEAH baby! American RULES!
I wish we had the courtesy to do this to our own corporate criminals.

You do have a Monarchy, tell the Queen to do something about it!

No, your Queen bows to US, and you are now our colony to utilize as we please, in whatever wars we want. Payback is a motha huh?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
EverAfter : I know what you mean. If the U.S. treats its allies like dirt,
kidnaps their citizens at will and transports them to God knows where,
how can they "really" expect loyalty from friends they've bullied ?
Its got everything to do with the military industrial complex and money.
Trust is unheard of anymore, especially in world politics.

Dyepes : Sarcasm ?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Haha why don't you stick a big wall mart over here, so we can catch up with your mindless consumer driven, fast food munching, oil burning, gun shooting, turban hating, yee-ha'ing attitude... why not bomb someone enroute too... saves the trouble of having to go to war with them eh?

Yeah cos it's not enough with our kids copying your gang-land attitude and being forced to watch all your bad dumded-down movies and get fat on fat chickens, what we need is baseball caps and a disneyworld and we could go hunting each other with rifles big enough to kill a fox hunter (not a bad thing actually)...

Cos that's what the UK really needs, oh yes, forgetting that fact that we've got a little something called *cough* history.

(prepares for the 'if it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking german tirade)

/sarcastic rant over, you can all sit back down.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Now can people see why I got confused with the sarcasm earlier on?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi There,

...why don't you stick a big wall mart over here?

They don't have to...Wal-Mart owns ASDA! I never shop there now, in fact, I rarely ever use a supermarket, my money goes into the local community. It's a little more expensive, but the quality is better, and the produce fresher.

Truth is, I don't think many Brits know about this law in America, and I'm sure that when they do come to know about it enmasse, they would argue one simple fact, no law of America has any legal jurisdiction here in the UK. The outcry that would be raised if a British citizen was 'abducted' off British streets and kidnapped to America, would most certainly end the so-called 'special' relationship in heart, if not in ally-ship.

Any British government that aquiesed to such action would soon be looking at its downfall, quickly followed by the sudden 'switch off' of the Fylingdales listening centre...an extremely important facility to American intelligences. The switching off of this facility would paralyse the intelligence gatherings so important to America, and indeed, its early warning missle detection systems.

America needs British involvement in much of its foreign policy strategies for credibility, that was Blair's role immediately after 9/11. Without British involvement, Iraq would have been a totally different 'kettle of fish'...there would not have been a 'coalition' of forces. Politically, Britain is a vast requirement. Some of our politicians may play ball to American bullying, but the British people certainly think differently. We are so often derided and underestimated that the truth of when 'push' comes to 'shove', the British people are an immovable object, or an irresistable force...whatever the tactic of America, it will meet up with one or the other. The current incumbent of Downing street, and his party are going to be kicked out at the next general election, and I think we will see a return to Conservative values. Freedoms, rights and habeas corpus is very much a part of the English way of life. We may not have a written constitution, but we do have centuries of a traditional way of life, that granted, has seen some dilution through multicutural diversity, but also some enhancements from it too. Extraordinary rendition is obnoxious to our sensibilities, and it should be so to American sensibilities, too.

Best wishes

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just face the facts, Britain has simply become an American outpost. So too have many countries on Earth, as the ignorant imperial culture has spread to the majorty of the more complicent citizens. Even Afghanistan has its shares of dating shows, and rap stars now.

Within another decade it too may very well become an outpost. Dont fight the empire, just join it. Things become much easier afterwards, as logn as your not a criminal ya know? Well, if your a rich criminal I suppose, but that goes for any nation on Earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Just face the facts, Britain has simply become an American outpost. So too have many countries on Earth, as the ignorant imperial culture has spread to the majorty of the more complicent citizens. Even Afghanistan has its shares of dating shows, and rap stars now.

Within another decade it too may very well become an outpost. Dont fight the empire, just join it. Things become much easier afterwards, as logn as your not a criminal ya know? Well, if your a rich criminal I suppose, but that goes for any nation on Earth.

If you look deeply into who controls USA, both politically and financially, you will find that in fact Britian controls USA and not vice-versa as you are lead to believe. Take the Blackwater story as one example that has been in the news recently (Blackwater is a front for British SIS)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
Take the Blackwater story as one example that has been in the news recently (Blackwater is a front for British SIS)

That would not surprise me one little bit, in fact it makes perfect sense. Everyone knows if you want mercenaries you go to Britain - it all goes back to Africa I believe....

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Blackwater work outside the laws in Iraq, they are entitled to the immunity from civilian lawsuits enjoyed by the military, but also not bound by the military’s court martial system.

Some BlackwaterUSA-Knights of Malta connections

Blackwater USA's operations chief is General Joseph Edward Schmitz. Schmitz served as Inspector General of the Department of Defense from 2002 to 2005. At least $2 trillion went “missing” from the Pentagon during his watch. In September 2005 Schmitz recused himself from investigating all matters related to Blackwater, he then quit the Pentagon in order to take a position with the Prince group, a holding company for Blackwater. Schmitz was accused of covering up several investigations into fraud, waste and abuse within the Rumsfeld Pentagon

In 1999 Schmitz was invested into the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and he also a member of Opus Dei. Unsurprisingly, Schmitz was educated at the JESUIT Georgetown University. Obviously you know the Knights of Malta are sworn to serve the Vatican, and the Vatican is controlled by the Jesuit Order.
Also no surprise to learn that Malta is the operational base for Blackwater.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I fail to see how a paid mercenary group points to one country controlling the other.

In any case, as a citizen of the empire, my duty is to see to it i follow the laws of the land, do what i can to preserve it, but understand the conseuquences of reckless management and prepare for its eventual demise. nobody should be caught off gaurd. it is the fate of every empire to eventually fall from its throne.

It is the duty of the citizen though not to live life as if the empire is eternal and never be prepared. If nobody ever prepared for the fall of the empire, than the remanants of the colonies will fall completely into disarray and chaos. We need leaders, and they will be prepared when the time comes.

I will be one of those leaders. Will you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join