It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says it has right to kidnap British citizens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
YEAH! That's right.

We can do whatever we want and nobody can do anything about it. Quit your bellyaching. It's not going to help. You can cry all you want, but in the end ... we win. Just look at the rest of the world. Military bases worldwide. Occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan (don't forget — Iran is just around the corner). Major victories. We're the fightingest, winningest nation in the world. Anyone who disagrees with the U.S. is just hating and is jealous of our prosperity and the value our dollar holds above all others.

If we want to, we can just come assassinate your prime minister and blow up your parliment. Why? Because we felt like it.

Very funny, I like your style.... You just fail to mention the fact that you're creating a large amount of enemies with your ruthless, brutal, global crusade... The word Rome springs to mind...

Oh yeah and do you really think you've got a chance against Iran?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wish they would kidnap a Land Rover mechanic,my car has been running me into a national debt!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
A lot of freedoms have been replaced under the guise of security.

Can you please tell me what freedoms I have lost exactly?
What can I not do now that I could have before?

That's what "loss" is people. (or in this posts case.. "replaced")

I am getting weary of this rhetoric, I have lost nothing except a little extra time in a screening line at an airport. If I were stopped from going to the corner store to buy milk and I was being asked for my "papers" then I might start agreeing with you, but seriously, the sky is not falling.

If I had a nickle for every comment that contained 'Police State" or "Loss of freedom" I could buy a vintage 1968 Corvette and still have enough left over to buy Uruguay

If it turns out that the US is demanding "Kidnap" powers in the UK, I'll be the first in line to protest, if however it is the US asking for more consideration, leeway or help in bringing suspected criminal to justice in the US, then I say let the UK courts decide.

Too many of you are to quick to hang the US without seeing to entire picture,(or maybe you do and shame on you then)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If I were a businessman in the UK and I knew I was on a US crap-list, I'd hire a couple bad-ass SAS boys to protect me. When the US kidnappers came, take them out. Very simple. If the rules change, then everyone plays by the new rules. "Whoops! Those were US FBI guys we just neutralized."

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Chill, dude. I'm pretty sure he's just being sarcastic. If you've read any of his other posts, you'll see that's kinda his style.

Sarcasm doesnt come across well in text when a) you dont know that person and b) theres lots of really stupid people that actually believe that on this site.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
To tyranny22 : I have to say I don't like your style. It mimics how the
U.S. comes across lately in foreign affairs. No tact, just matter-of-fact
bullying. Never did care for this type of arrogance. And as someone else
said, you don't make many friends pushing people around.
But then again, you have to have a rush don't you?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
You think the US is winning?

They have got themselves in a situation that they can never win.

Yet another keyboard warrior spouting off behind the safety of his monitor.

Surely you weren't referring to me?

If so, you clearly missed the sarcasm in my post. Note the reference to the dollar, which is about to hit rock bottom.

SWOOSH!*

*that was the sound of a comment flying over your head.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

see above post

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Oh yeah and do you really think you've got a chance against Iran?

I love these.

As a matter of fact, I think we have NO chance of a ground war against Iran. And NO reason to invade their country. Just today the U.S. administration was informed that Iran abandoned it's quest for nuclear weapons back in 2003. As if they needed anymore reason NOT to invade after countless reports from the IAEA of no proof of proliferation.

Sorry for the strong sarcasm earlier, but I just got done watching Stephen Colbert roast Bush at a banquet and it put in a sarcastic politico mood.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Chill, dude. I'm pretty sure he's just being sarcastic. If you've read any of his other posts, you'll see that's kinda his style.

Thank you very much, beachcoma.

Sorry to all those that didn't catch that.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If so, you clearly missed the sarcasm in my post. Note the reference to the dollar, which is about to hit rock bottom.

SWOOSH!*

See my other post, theres lots of Americans on here who clearly are that stupid and its hard to tell the difference in text.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Okay, I missed the sarcastic comet flying by my head.
Will buckle-up for rough ride.

I do however, want to say, that the U.S. shouldn't keep this "double-
standard" of diplomacy going for too long, "just because they can". It'll
come back to bite them in the arse.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

I have no doubt. Many are ignorant and arrogant. I guess I should have made it apparent in my original response. Believe me, I've argued, many times, with those same people on this site and in person.

reply to post by SIEGE

I wholly agree. I think the hole we've already dug internationally will take decades to climb out of.

We are trying to change our course, though no matter how much the people voice their opinions and demand change, those in charge of the government and media continue to ignore us. We've got a real challenge on our hands in coming elections.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I have no doubt. Many are ignorant and arrogant. I guess I should have made it apparent in my original response. Believe me, I've argued, many times, with those same people on this site and in person.
Well Im really sarcastic too and get it most time but there were about 6 of them in the last thread I was in that would have said that and actually meant it!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
'Kidnap'???
That is #ed up.
What kind of government kidnaps its allies citizens?
I hope this is a mistake or exaggeration of some kind, although I can imagine the U.S getting involved in this type of #.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What time is breakfast served in guantanamo? I do suppose it will make a nice break from all this frightful rain we've been having, old bean.

Have my Jeeves put in the cell next door, and please, do tell that guard chappie that the correct English usage is you all not y-aaaaaaaaal

Toodle-pip!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

As outrageous as this may be for non-US citizens, this is just a product of our terror laws. You abided by it when you invaded Iraq with us and places like Columbia help us out in our fruitless drug war.

The more you help us attack innocent countries, the more freedoms you will in turn lose.

The average American has no idea what is going on, so it might take a foreign invasion (some friends from across the pond) to wake people up. They're quite content with their McDonalds, Fox News, and NASCAR!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is all bs, I doubt that the Parliament is going to allow such things happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
You think the US is winning?

They have got themselves in a situation that they can never win.

Yet another keyboard warrior spouting off behind the safety of his monitor.

SWOOSH!*

If you want sarcasm to come across in text, you need t put a /sarcasmon
at the beginning.

Anyone who posts on a lot of forums knows that using /sarcasm on / sarcasmoff is how to stop from being taken seriously. Most Gaming Forums use this style & many other Forums have taken to it also.

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by infinite

As outrageous as this may be for non-US citizens, this is just a product of our terror laws. You abided by it when you invaded Iraq with us and places like Columbia help us out in our fruitless drug war.

The more you help us attack innocent countries, the more freedoms you will in turn lose.

The average American has no idea what is going on, so it might take a foreign invasion (some friends from across the pond) to wake people up. They're quite content with their McDonalds, Fox News, and NASCAR!

Frankly, I don't give a rats Arse what Laws the US makes for it's own Citizens. If The Average American is too lazy to fight the laws... tough to them.

But the US has no right to Insist that all allied countries adhere to US laws as well. We got our own laws thanks very much, we don't need your's also.

You know what, I want to see the US remove it's Troops From Australlia, they have no reason to be here, We are not under threat from Indonisia or malaysia anymore & the Chinese simply have too much Money invested in AU to ever want to invade us...

The only reason US troops are stationed in AU is for their own Backyard protection & not for our benifit in any way shape or form. Go the Fek Home!!!

Ooops I spose i shouldn't have said that aye.. that might make me a person of interest to the US for speaking out agains em...heh

I'm sure the US is working on making it a act of treason for allied citizens "as well as its own citizens", to speak out against the us.

Really though, i wouldn't normally have a problem with US bases here in AU, but honestly, you haven't ever seen how these US personell around Australian Citizens, when they come out on Leave.

The crap we have to go through when the US troops are in town for the night is nearly unbearable. They are just soo damn arrogant.

They always act as if we Aussies are only here to serve them in any way shape or form & if they see something they like, they just try to take it. HEll, if they see someone they like they just try to take her..hehe

Hey, We're not Vietnam, Our Women don't do the "Love You Long Time"....Though thats what US troops expect of any allied country they are "GUESTS" in.

But hey, I'm sure that these new "US", laws can eventually be twisted so that US Soldiers can just come into town & take our women right off the streets without any hastle...lol

[edit on 12/3/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

I've used that method a few times, but I guess I was just relying on my outrageous comments and my prior anit-government threads to convey the point. I havn't had this much trouble in the past. Guess I should have just said, "That's not right." and been done with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join