It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US says it has right to kidnap British citizens

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think we should have the right to kidnap British citizens, if for nothing else but to give them a better life here in the U.S.! At the very least we could give them better dental care!


But in all seriousness... I think we need to respect the sovereignty of our allies. But in my mind this only should apply to non-terrorism cases. If it is our government's strong belief that someone in Great Britain is plotting or directing an imminent attack on the US, and the British government isn't doing enough to intercede, then I'm all in favor of going in and getting them ourselves. This should be done as a last resort and as discretely as possible, and only when American lives are believed to be in danger. We have to do everything within our power to protect ourselves.




posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite
 


the u.s. has an extridition treaty with england. So it probably would never happen. But, if the Us Gov. feels someone is so dangerous to us that he must be taken and if we can't take him "kill him" We Will. But, we prefer trails. When america goes to war, we go to win. But, don't kid yourself into thinking that britton doesn't have similar laws. If britton felt someone was that dangerous, enven in america. they would take them.



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I think we should have the right to kidnap British citizens, if for nothing else but to give them a better life here in the U.S.! At the very least we could give them better dental care!



You can kidnap me and take me over there whenever you like, just give me a quick whisper and i'll get my suitcase ready. This country is becoming worse by the day.



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
reply to post by infinite
 


the u.s. has an extridition treaty with england. So it probably would never happen. But, if the Us Gov. feels someone is so dangerous to us that he must be taken and if we can't take him "kill him" We Will. But, we prefer trails. When america goes to war, we go to win. But, don't kid yourself into thinking that britton doesn't have similar laws. If britton felt someone was that dangerous, enven in america. they would take them.


If they have no intention of implenting that treaty they would never have created it in the first place.

And what do you mean WE??? WE go to war, who is WE, you and GW Bush??? Did he consult you first about his plans and reasons for going to war? And what do you mean WE go to win? It isn't a football game, it was an illegal action which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands and caused untold misery for many more, and the real result was some of the rich individuals behind the war have gotten alot richer from arms deals, security, oil, etc, etc. Are you one of those particular individuals who has profitted from it. If not then you are not a part of the WE who decided on war.



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Remember this?




U.S.: 'Hague Invasion Act' Becomes Law
White House "Stops at Nothing" in Campaign Against War Crimes Court

U.S. President George Bush today signed into law the American Servicemembers Protection Act of 2002, which is intended to intimidate countries that ratify the treaty for the International Criminal Court (ICC). The new law authorizes the use of military force to liberate any American or citizen of a U.S.-allied country being held by the court, which is located in The Hague. This provision, dubbed the "Hague invasion clause," has caused a strong reaction from U.S. allies around the world, particularly in the Netherlands.

hrw.org...


With all that is going on, America is not much more than a rogue statue these days. Hiding themselves for Law, Justice and Democracy.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Mdv2]



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Well if this is true and that's how the USA is gonna play it, I say we Brits invade America, kidnap Bush, take him back to UK and charge him with war crimes, corruption and any other illegal activities we can pin on him or fabricate.



would it help if we took up a collection to help pay airfare?

im kidding...maybe.

well, lets put it this way, if anyone that can screw with my wifes security clearance is reading this im totally kidding.



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If the US has the right to kidnap british citizens from a soveirgn country, then the uk has the right also to kidnapp american citizens. Works both ways you know.

And btw I more happier to live in the UK rather than living in the US thank you very much. Least my dental care is great....

The US us setting a dangerous president, over this if it is true. If the US want to loose their clossest ally, then they are going the right way about it. And another thing, Brown wont last long in 10 Downen Street, I will give him to the end of the year. The we might see a change in how the UK jumps everytime the US asks it to.

Us in the UK should just go with the E.U. and leave the US to it..



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Should we judge this move as the act of a few powerful people or as an opinion of the entire US?

This situation certainly raises curious questions of the "special" relationship we have with the US...



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite
 


So what warrents a Crime worthy of getting Kidnapped by US Agents...?

As Power Hungry, Arrogant, Self Centered & Self important as the us Government is.

I Guess anyone could be a target for Kidnapping if the US thinks they have been wronged in any way.

Suppose we had all better start posting good things about them instead of bagging them all the time...




Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
If the US has the right to kidnap british citizens from a soveirgn country, then the uk has the right also to kidnapp american citizens. Works both ways you know.

And btw I more happier to live in the UK rather than living in the US thank you very much. Least my dental care is great....

The US us setting a dangerous president, over this if it is true. If the US want to loose their clossest ally, then they are going the right way about it. And another thing, Brown wont last long in 10 Downen Street, I will give him to the end of the year. The we might see a change in how the UK jumps everytime the US asks it to.

Us in the UK should just go with the E.U. and leave the US to it..


HELL NO...!!!

Nobody is allowed to kidnap American Citizens from US Soil.

THe US are the Rulers of Earth.. they do as they wish & nobody may contridict that in any way shape or form.

At least thats what the US Government seems to think.

Truthfully, I think the US is sick of fighting Primitive, middle eastern countries that are no match for em.

They don't want a big fight with China or Russia, so they are putting the pressure on the middle powers "their allies", to provoke a limited war that would be a half decent fight & an excuse to use all their good stuff that we havn't seen yet.

Kill two birds with one stone, annex an allied country by force & show the Chinese & russians that they got some good gear that would make them think twice about putting up a stink...hehehe


[edit on 12/3/2007 by Ironclad]



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Guys calm down a bit. We are brothers in arms here, cant you see what this post is doing to you. Americans and brits are not enemys, its the few within that turn us againts each other. The true culprit here is the OP for not getting the facts before starting the thread.

Say sorry OP for ensighting violence in the thread, we have bigger issues to deal with, not US vs UK.



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ASYLUM100
 


This act is unfair & prejudice. It is totally one way in favor of the US & dose not just stop at US Forces liberating their own people from their allies countries.

It also means that they can "Liberate an Australian of interest from Australia, or britain or where ever".

Example:
A US Citizen or Serviceman commits a crime in an allied country & if they believe that person is important enough "no matter what crime was committed", the US can launch an extraction force to liberate that person if they choose to do so.

Or The US can Use Force to accire any Citizen of any country that they see as a person of intrest.

The act however, dose not give US Allied countries the same rights...!!!

The US is quite simply getting too big for its boots. They believe they are above everyone elses laws.

They did this very same thing during WWII here in AU. A US Soldier raped & murdered 4 women. He was arrested & Tried. But the US Forces Liberated him by force & attempted to get him home.

This nearly sparked a Conflict between our two countries then (infact, there are rumors that there was actually a massive firefight between US & AU Forces as the US tried to get the guy out by train),

Note, this has never been proven as a fact, though I have several reletives "still living", who were Diggers involved in this fight in the 1940's & I've heard them tell the story many times at family gatherings..lol

So don't tell me that the US isn't arrogant enough to do it again.

This so called act gives them legit reason to do just that.. weather it's an allie or some little Middle eastern country.


[edit on 12/3/2007 by Ironclad]



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad
 


The thing that worries me is, the US potentially breaking out US citizens from foreign incarceration over crimes they have committed in foreign lands...

Like the US serviceman who is awaiting trial in Queensland for trying to entice an underage girl over the Internet to meet for sex after he was on leave from joint wargames...

The issue here is, how far does this thing go ?

IMHO, the person in question should serve at least 12 mths in Bogo Road before he gets to serve the rest in the US...

I would like to think the Australian Government (both state and federal) would see to it this pervert serve a reasonable amount of time in our jails...

No solitary, no protective custody....General high security jail population...

That will sort him out, and no favours cos he's a sailor boy...



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Remember this ? :

Home Secretary David Blunkett has refused to grant diplomatic immunity to armed American special agents and snipers travelling to Britain as part of President Bush's entourage this week.

The issue of immunity is one of a series of extraordinary US demands turned down by Ministers and Downing Street during preparations for the Bush visit.

These included the closure of the Tube network, the use of US air force planes and helicopters and the shipping in of battlefield weaponry to use against rioters.

The Americans had also wanted to travel with a piece of military hardware called a 'mini-gun', which usually forms part of the mobile armoury in the presidential cavalcade. It is fired from a tank and can kill dozens of people. One manufacturer's description reads: 'Due to the small calibre of the round, the mini-gun can be used practically anywhere. This is especially helpful during peacekeeping deployments.'


observer.guardian.co.uk...



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
Remember this ? :

Home Secretary David Blunkett has refused to grant diplomatic immunity to armed American special agents and snipers travelling to Britain as part of President Bush's entourage this week.

The issue of immunity is one of a series of extraordinary US demands turned down by Ministers and Downing Street during preparations for the Bush visit.

These included the closure of the Tube network, the use of US air force planes and helicopters and the shipping in of battlefield weaponry to use against rioters.

The Americans had also wanted to travel with a piece of military hardware called a 'mini-gun', which usually forms part of the mobile armoury in the presidential cavalcade. It is fired from a tank and can kill dozens of people. One manufacturer's description reads: 'Due to the small calibre of the round, the mini-gun can be used practically anywhere. This is especially helpful during peacekeeping deployments.'


observer.guardian.co.uk...



So whats your point. US wanted to bring in heavy stuff, the Brits said no.

But then again, this act dose not cover peace keeping forces, only extraction of enemies of the US State & US citizens incarcerated in non-US controled areas.

I would expect the US to respect the Wishes of the British Government in a case like this, as there really is no need for the "extra protection".

But just the same, it shows that US forces wouldn't hesitate to Fire on a crowed of British, Canadian, Australian Citizens on their own soil. Just wanting to bring in that sort of equipment is testiment to that..!!

Oh and lets not forget that when the US government was asked to cut back the number of US troops stationed at their bases here in AU last year. We were told flatly & bluntly "NO".

Oh and BTW... What ever happened to the, "No-Greencard required" (a deal similar to the one AU has with NZ), promise that the US made to AU for allowing them to place 50,000 Troops down here..lol

We really got Ripped off on that one


[edit on 12/3/2007 by Ironclad]



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I think we should have the right to kidnap British citizens, if for nothing else but to give them a better life here in the U.S.! At the very least we could give them better dental care!




A better life? Are you yanking my chain?

Okay maybe you have a bit more sun, but just staring at all those fat, rednecks wouldn't be my idea of a 'better life'... or the racism or the gun laws or the cops who tazer you for no reason or the school yard shootings... or the ingrained paranoia of anybody with a beard and dark skin...

We'll stick to our bad teeth and you can stick to your morbid obesity...


[edit on 3-12-2007 by mr-lizard]



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I think we should have the right to kidnap British citizens, if for nothing else but to give them a better life here in the U.S.! At the very least we could give them better dental care!


Sure...and in return we can teach you how to queue properly, the finer points of the English language, and the esoteric arts of sarcasm and high-tea...

...Jeeves is packing the steamer trunk as we speak, please don't delay the rendition flight too long though, the currency I exchanged for the trip is losing its value by the day

[edit on 3-12-2007 by citizen smith]



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
YEAH! That's right.

We can do whatever we want and nobody can do anything about it. Quit your bellyaching. It's not going to help. You can cry all you want, but in the end ... we win. Just look at the rest of the world. Military bases worldwide. Occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan (don't forget — Iran is just around the corner). Major victories. We're the fightingest, winningest nation in the world. Anyone who disagrees with the U.S. is just hating and is jealous of our prosperity and the value our dollar holds above all others.

If we want to, we can just come assassinate your prime minister and blow up your parliment. Why? Because we felt like it.



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You think the US is winning?


They have got themselves in a situation that they can never win.

Yet another keyboard warrior spouting off behind the safety of his monitor.



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Well if this is true and that's how the USA is gonna play it, I say we Brits invade America, kidnap Bush, take him back to UK



Originally posted by Polite American

No seriously..seriously... wait

I'm sorry..it is just so




Wishful thinking perhaps.. But on the other hand anytime America needs saving is now.

George Bush ruined America. Are you sure the Brits want to invade a broke country?



posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Yet another keyboard warrior spouting off behind the safety of his monitor.


Chill, dude. I'm pretty sure he's just being sarcastic. If you've read any of his other posts, you'll see that's kinda his style.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join