It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Plot to Rig the 2008 US Election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The Plot to Rig the 2008 US Election

globalresearch.ca

In the long, hot autumn of 2000, the world was shocked by the contempt for democracy shown by the Republican Party. They knew their man had lost the popular vote to Al Gore by half a million votes. They knew the majority of voters in Florida itself had pulled a lever for Gore. But they fought - amid the confetti of hanging chads - to stop the state’s votes being counted, and to ensure that the Supreme Court imposed George W Bush.

Today, that contempt for democracy is on display again. In California right now, there is a naked, out-in-the-open ploy to rig the 2008 presidential election - and it may succeed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It worked last time, so why not again.

Maybe it's the fault of the founding fathers by not considering the future too deeply that has created this warped 'loop hole' that has been used constantly to twist the actual votes you all make.

if this report is factual and the system is being rigged time after time, then the proof of it all exists within and thus will allow for the people of the U.S.A. to stand up and remove from office the illegaly voted president.

Is this the first time that this information has been made available? It would appear so after the fiasco that was the 2000 elections.

In 2000 the people protested, they knew it was wrong, they knew it was illegal, but nothing happened. Perhaps if it happens again, this report will be available for all to see and be made aware of so that the corrupt fascist presidential hopefuls may never again gain control of office.

I vote for the people of America

globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
IMHO people can only get away with this type of thing when the citizens aren't paying attention. At some point people have to take responsibility for their inaction. Until we do that I doubt much will change. Simply being mad and posting about it on ATS is not enough.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by discomfit

your right but the problem is where people get their information. some of us have our eyes wide open, and some get everything they need to know from the local news after the ballgame. The trick to any sort of control of thought is control of incoming information.
I recently watched a documentary on the coup attempt in venezuela in 2002. During the whole fiasco both sides were clamoring for control of the media. And one of the first things the coup conspirators did was knock out media communications.
Im sure im speaking to the choir here but, there is a reason a few select companies control all major news outlets, and it isnt their love of journalism. It isnt so much that nobody is paying attention, its that they have been purposely sidetracked.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
IMHO people can only get away with this type of thing when the citizens aren't paying attention. At some point people have to take responsibility for their inaction. Until we do that I doubt much will change. Simply being mad and posting about it on ATS is not enough.

I think most people are paying attention. The problem is what they are paying attention to. Half of the country is listening to their Rush Limbough and watching their Faux news. They are paying attention when they are being told that the other half of the country is insane and out to ruin this great country.

Then the other half of the country is listening to their liberal sources and paying attention when they hear how corrupt the conservatives are.

The problem is that most people are too focused on their side being right and the other side being wrong to realize that they are all wrong. That they are being distracted by all this left vs right crap. If they spend all of their energy focusing on that, they will completely miss the real issues.

Both of those sides are currently being fed the line that to believe in a conspiracy is a form of mental illness. So it is one side or the other, you can not question both or you are dangerous and crazy.

And it appears to be working flawlessly.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Why would anyone believe that modern elections would never be rigged when they are controlled by those who continuously lie and deceive?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Funny how the FACTS get in some peoples way...

Until then, the Democrats had conducted a full-scale effort to persuade counties to disqualify any overseas ballots that lacked postmarks or witness signatures. But on that morning, with Republicans attacking the Gore-Lieberman campaign for eliminating the votes of hundreds of men and women in the armed forces, Mr. Lieberman effectively disavowed the strategy.

They were equally calculating in their strategy with recounts, calling for them only in counties with large Democratic populations.

But instead of defending Mr. Herron's memorandum, Mr. Lieberman spoke of the importance of counting military ballots.

Several Democrats said Mr. Lieberman's comments made it more difficult, if not impossible, to block renewed efforts by the Republicans to get overseas ballots accepted.

NY Times

The fact is that no one of any credence believes the bologna of "stolen" elections anymore. Well yes, three types do....
1. Those with an agenda
2. Those that refuse to accept the facts
3. Liars

It really is all over the net for anyone to find.. All you have to do is look for articles posting FACTS and not just OPINIONS

Semper

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

Are these people you refer to the same fat, chomping down on a bucket of Haagen-Dazs, lowlifes watching some mindless idiotic TV drivel like dance for the stars? Let's face it most people are very content to do nothing. They have shelter, a means of getting from A to B, a bit of money and the hope that everything is just fine. The closest thing to revolution these same people will see is another new moronic TV show bearing said phrase.

brill

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Funny thing is, is that ecery attempt to fix "loopholes" in the system is resisted by the democrats. Any ideas why that is? Motor votor is being abused, we try to fix it and it's resisted. In wisconson, a dem. running for office had his son and their friends slash the tires of buses that were to pick up elderly that wanted to vote. In philidelphia, the polls opened and 2500 votes were already recored on the voting machine (all for the democrat". in youngstown ohio a union had created voters out of then air and had them vote absentee. Also in ohio, a democrat group was giving crack cocain to sign up voters. in sanfrancisco, collage teaches were giving sex to anyone who would vote for Lurch in the last election.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As I see it either the next election has already been bought and paid for or an executive order will be ordered for martial law and Bush will continue.

IMO, "DADDY B" is running the USA and the ones that were with him when he was P. he has/had with sonny boy if you noticed.

All I can suggest is observe Daddy

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Election fraud is something we need to take seriously. It's become too easy, and all too common. In many respects, I don't think the Dems will need to rig much since they've got W on their side. Even if the GOP resorts to voter fraud, I doubt they can turn the tide that's about to wash them out to sea.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
all gore had to do to win was carry his home state of tennessee. Bush campaigned there, and gore didn't

gore took it for granted, and got burned

there's a lesson there for all presidential candidates

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hmm.

I don't think people in the US understand our own voting system.

See..... when we vote for Governors its a popular vote. When we vote for Senators and when we vote for Congress its a popular vote. We call this direct democracy, everyone votes one way or the other or not at all.

HOWEVER.

In the FEDERAL ELECTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH .. the STATES vote on the president NOT THE PEOPLE.

We call this indirect Democracy. We are a Democratic Republic.

Technically if say New York voters all voted for Clinton, but New York government decides to give HALF of her votes to Clinton and the other half to a Republican candidate.

That would be legal.

It would also be legal to not vote at all, to abstain, Oregon did (perhaps not by choice little states mean nothing anyways, they understood this) in the 2004 elections.

It would also be legal for the college elected from the state to vote in the complete opposite direction of the voters RECOMMENDATION.

In fact there was one instance in history where a President elect got all of the states, but one state within the college voted for the other candidate because they didn't think he was as good as George Washington, and did not deserve decisive victory.

All this crap about "but he got the popular vote" "he got the majority" .. That is regardless, the State as an entity are voting, not the people. It is simply a recommendation to the government "hey this is what we think" kind of deal.

I believe Colorado has the longest history of dividing votes regardless of popular demand.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm generally suspicious of elections decided within the statistical margin of error. The last time the United States saw such a narrowly-divided popular vote on subsequent elections was in the late 1800's, well-before anything resembling our pervasively media-obsessed culture could be recognized. Back then, newspapers carried a blatant political bias, but were also more local and independent.

With increasingly centralized control of pervasive media outlets, it becomes easier for an interested party to persuade large populations. Partisanship is used as a "divide and conquer" strategy: keep most people divided with mutually-exclusive catch phrases, then focus on a population smaller than the statistical margin of error. This targeted population might be excluded minority or overseas voters, or might come down to a single state deciding national elections.

Either way, a fiercely bi-partisan population diminishes the need for widespread vote fraud.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just a note for the newer members submitting news: an opinion piece is not a "news" item. :shk:

Not to take anything away from the topic (which is a serious problem) but word to the wise... Globalresearch is a collection of opinions and editorials using iffy sources for any kind of "news" as well IMO.

Moving to "Political Conspiracies Forum".

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nostradamus prediction of the next US president

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who you vote for, Rush is in charge of the country now!

OK, this is what is going on. The left, is planning on tampering with the election as they have done for almost 10 years "Publicly". They are very open about this issue, they tell you who they are every day, but most decide not to listen.

The right is planning on keeping the left from tampering with the election, therefore, the election will be tampered with. Both sides of the coin are instigating this, but it is mostly due to the left. Don't believe it, thats your problem and right.

Open your ears, the DNC is telling you OPENLY they are trying to form a Communist Country. Wake up.
Open your eyes, the GOP is showing you that they are no longer conservative. Its right in front of your eyes, look how they act.

We have a 2 party system, and its destroying us. Please, no plugs for Ron Paul, this guy is unelectable. Sure, he may have some good ideas, but the guy is more looney then the Canadian Dollar.

This is how I see it. You are my brothers, yes, Im talking to the left and Democrats. We have every thing in common. The party's want us to fight, they want us to see the bad in the other and focus on it. They want to destroy us, because that gives them the power. We are AMERICANS, not DEMOCRATS OR REPUBLICANS. For those who do not share this country, you are my brothers as well, you are Human... barring the aliens.

Their will be hanky panky in this election, COUNT ON IT!
I am a conservative and my first thought at seeing the OP, was, oh great, another "My Party Lost and its the Conservatives fault" thread. Its everyones fault for keeping their mouths shut and letting it happen.

WE THE PEOPLE, are in charge of this country, not I THE PRESIDENT, or I THE JUDGE, or I the "insert elected offical here".

The recent election was not about a mandate on ending the war, it was about FIRING! For the first time in years, people stood up and FIRED the skaters and squaters. Do it again I say. We need to fire these people, and I mean 99% of the elite elected officials. Not all of them are bad, but the majority is.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

IF you believe in that this is the wrong place to post, the insiders in washington, DC - BELIEVE the Voting public are'nt ASLEEP when they vote. in Fla. the S.C. Said it was the peoples fault for not asking questions before punching holes, Its There to Read. Look before Bubba W J C got elected the public knew the rumors about his Soo call girl friends, and he still got eight big years in the white House.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is a cause for concern. I know you can ask for a paper ballot and that's what I plan on doing, then, the 'evidence' can't be manipulated by some 'mainframe'-like computer system.

Who's the watchdog group that monitors these elections? We should be getting on them NOW to make sure nothing is amiss already.

Update on the campaign trail, Hillary booed at a speech recently about immigration. This is what needs to happen, have to get the general, thinking populace anti-Hill & Ghouliani. I doubt Mitt has a shot once people start checking his record & the rest of the repblcn scene is non-existent, aside from Paul.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I'm going to have to disagree with you. Diebold machines had several technical failures at pretty much every polling system. An easy hack into the machine would allow someone to switch votes to the opposite side quite easily.

www.truthout.org...

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

An open invitation to election fraud

Could AP rig the election?

Diebold machines seriously flawed

[edit on 12/2/2007 by biggie smalls]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join