It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wannabe Mods!!! AAARRGGHHH!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Originally posted by SimiusDei
reply to post by Dont Taze Me Bro

Yea, I have been banned.

Jasn

How is it that you are still posting? I though being banned means you were unable to post.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
How is it that you are still posting? I though being banned means you were unable to post.

First, check the date. You're responding to a post that's a month old, and he wasn't banned when he posted it.

Second, if it wasn't just a "temporary post ban" that he was referring to, they're called new accounts. You've been here long enough to know about those. "Darkheartrising" took it to new levels, and there's actually a guy in the picture thread posting recent pics of himself under his third (that I know of) alias.

This place is addictive, and even those who never learn the ways of polite discourse can't help but to keep trying to come back.

[edit on 1/4/08 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

To Ban or Not to Ban

Originally posted by redmage

First, check the date. You're responding to a post that's a month old, and he wasn't banned when he posted it.

He wouldn't have been able to respond if he were banned. That's my point. He distinctly says "Yea, I have been banned".

What am I missing, redmage? I'm confused.

Originally posted by redmage
Second, if it wasn't just a "temporary post ban" that he was referring to, they're called new accounts. You've been here long enough to know about those. "Darkheartrising" took it to new levels, and there's actually a guy in the picture thread posting recent pics of himself under his third (that I know of) alias.

This place is addictive, and even those who never learn the ways of polite discourse can't help but to keep trying to come back.

A temporary post ban doesn't result in a Banned tag above your avatar. Take it from one who has been there.

If he was put on some type of probation, the Banned tag should be removed when the probation expires, no?

As far as new accounts, I thought that was strictly against the T&C.

So my question remains: he has a Banned tag in his member status area. How is it that he can continue posting?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well he could have been banned from the site, and then let back in, but then banned again. Not that I would know anything about being banned and getting let back in.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

He wouldn't have been able to respond if he were banned. That's my point. He distinctly says "Yea, I have been banned".

What am I missing, redmage? I'm confused.

I think you're missing the fact that he was speaking in the past tense. He, as SimiusDei, wasn't banned at the time of that posting. If I said "I have been underwater" it wouldn't mean that I was S.C.U.B.A. diving at the time of this post.

Jasn was likely banned previously using a non-SimiusDei account, or resolved the issue with staff and had his account re-activated. He has since been banned again (as of 12/17/07); that's why you're seeing the banned tag.

As far as new accounts, I thought that was strictly against the T&C.

And speeding is against the law. Does that mean no one does it, or that everyone who does always gets caught?

So my question remains: he has a Banned tag in his member status area. How is it that he can continue posting?

He can't, as "SimiusDei", and "SimiusDei" wasn't banned on 12/3/07 @ 08:45 AM.

I don't know if Jasn has made a new account yet, or not, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. Heck, we've even got a mod here that was formerly banned.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

I think you're missing the fact that he was speaking in the past tense. He, as SimiusDei, wasn't banned at the time of that posting. If I said "I have been underwater" it wouldn't mean that I was S.C.U.B.A. diving at the time of this post.

Ahh... now I understand. Thanks, redmage.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join