It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wannabe Mods!!! AAARRGGHHH!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Yes of course..with the cutest avatar I have ever seen...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Dude, dont taze me bro,
I was just wondering if any mods had been banned and still made it to be mods.
no biggie. see ya around homey.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Taze Me Bro

I highly doubt that..or they wouldn't be Mods...
and Iam not a Mod,I just help enforce the rules like any other member.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Whatever Eugene, peace be with you.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Yea, I have been banned.

While whether or not I deserved the ban is somewhat in dispute, I personally have accepted it and feel it was appropriate at the time.

I would say that I "pushed the rules", however, that wasn't how I looked at it. Though, I can see why the mod in question saw it that way.

As a side note to that, that mod and I are now friends.

In regards to your question about former banned members becoming mods; I am not sure WHICH mod it is, but according to Bill, there is a current mod that was banned at one point in time.

I'm sure AD can vouch for me on this, but I am all about pushing the envelope, playing devil's advocate and being "controversial". However, in the particular case of the OP, it seems that he/she goes out of their way to be INCREDIBLY rude to a majority of those they come in contact with here.

I have actually made a point in the past of not doing the "alert" to the mods on ANY member's post, even some of the worst ones. However, I felt OBLIGATED to do it to the OP. He/she was carrying the insults WAY too far and doing so in a VERY VERY VERY childish manner.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

And a poo flinging monkey... Mirthful that is, not me! I never fling my poo.

Monkey

INDEED!

the double "M" is indeed the evil poo flinger of ATS.

On a side note: Is that your baby?

J

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Thank You. Hunny x x

Semicircular Day: Yes that is my little boy, although he's three and a half now. He also in his short time has managed to fling some poo!

That's my boy!!

MonKey...

On a side note: yeah those mods errrrrr, you know mods backwards is sdom... I mean. how freaky is that!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Don't push it...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh boy! Looky what I've stumbled upon here.

Since I seem to have somewhat inspired the creation of this thread, I suppose I should start off by noting that PA, and I took the origional matter to U2Us, and we seem to have come to a bit of an understanding on the matter.

I didn't publically respond to the "tirade" (the one that earned PA his/her first "red badge of courage") because it was severely off topic in the thread that it was posted in, but I suppose it's fair game in here.

For anyone wondering... no, I've never been asked to be a mod, nor have I ever really considered the possibility. Honestly, the position doesn't look as glamorous as some would make it out to be. In my time here I've see more than one member "promoted" only to leave the position a few days/weeks later.

Mods here put up with all sorts of unnecessary accusations and abuse; and it seems like a substantial portion of the local population feel that, once promoted, mods lose the right to have/share their personal opinions. It seems that many feel they are only allowed to speak regarding "official matters", and should keep quiet otherwise. While I realize that these are mere misconceptions, it does make the position look "less than savory".

My initial "tip" was an attempt to give PA a chance to re-revise his/her post/behavior so that he/she wouldn't get a warning. I felt that editing a post for the sole purpose of calling someone a "loser" wasn't really living up to the "Polite" moniker. I'll also note that I never hit the alert button for any of PA's posts (even the tirade against me).

Actually, if I had it my way everyone would maintain civility, and no one would get warned/banned; however, I realize that's a very idealized view.

With all of that out of the way, I do have a question for you PA.

My initial response to you was:

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by Polite American
(edited to add the "good bye loser" part)

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Polite American]

Now that's not very "polite", and personal attacks are quite unnecessary. :shk:

Try living up to your moniker.

This was met with:

reply to post by redmage

I'm sorry i must have missed the "moderator" tag by your moniker...
*snip*

mod edit to remove insult
[edit on 12/2/2007 by kinglizard]

Taking that in mind, I noticed your response to willywagga where you say:

I find your reply to Hot Wing very insultive and uncalled for. You reffered to him as a nazi severaltimes among other things.

Now, I've gotta ask, do you consider yourself a "wannabe mod", and subject to the same standards that you expect of others?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you see somthing wrong then please click the alert button, or u2u that member to explain. I'm really sick of reading all of the posts telling members, "thats a one liner, blah blah." And ususally its the newer members posting one liners, so it's understandable. One liners are actually allowed, as long as they contribute to the conversation.

I recently saw a thread where a member posted 4 times within a few pages, all to only remind new users of the T's and C's. Quite annoying. Not to mention people sometimes get angry when you put them out there like that, causing more problems.

If your a member that enjoys "modding" then please do so silently(alert button or u2u) and stop filling threads up with unrelated posts. By making off topic posts, your really just adding to the problem.

[edit on 12/4/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

This is getting redicoulas. You sound like a wanna be mod. When will this maddness stop.

I've heard of beating a dead horse but geeze this horse is all bones.

One good thing is that we all should see clearly now that ATS is a family. Jump on one of us and the whole family comes out in force. I like that.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My sister told on me once.......................ONCE!

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
This is getting redicoulas. You sound like a wanna be mod. When will this maddness stop.

LOL I guess you don't know me that well then. I'm not down for working long hours without pay.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What I see lately is that the quality of post and therefore threads have gone down quite a bit by members posting off topic, childish and rude post.

Sometimes I will ask no particular member but the people participating in the discussion to keep it on topic and avoid childish discussion tactics like name calling and slandering other members. And is not me wanting to play MOD is just to save the topic that is being debated.

Me personally don't want to go to a MOD every single time that this happen, why? Because it happens almost every day here.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If I do something that seems offensive do not chastise me in a post for all to see if you are not a mod. I will be offended.

It reminds me of yesterday as I was walking out of a popular department store the greeter at the door asked to see my receipt. No alarms had gone of. It seems the items I bought were not bagged as they were too large for a bag. So the woman said stop, give me your receipt. I refused and told her I was not a thief and that I would be right outside in my truck if she wanted to call the police. She kept insisting I stop as I walked out loudly saying I was not a thief or a sheeple. If I had bleeped when I walked through the door I would have stopped...but I didn't bleep.
Most members do honestly have good intentions when coming down on another member. A few are butts about it. Some want other members to see how cute and smart their derogatory comments are. Still others are just plain bossy.

I can hear old Goober now in good old Mayberry right now saying, " Citizens arrest, citizens arrest".

Well here I am beating the same dead horse I accused others of beating.
I believe that makes me human and fallible.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think the point is WE ARE ALL MODS..
Like it or not.

Coming from where I do, I swear like a docker in a brothel in real life.WHEN conditions permit.

I don't swear in front of parents(well Mum anyway)kids or in polite company..
I MODERATE my language.

I like to get hammered and act stoopid with friends and embarrass others.
If I'm in a high class hotel restaurant(Been in the best in the world) I DON'T..
I MODERATE my behaviour.
:w:

When people here are being deliberately abusive or trolling it appears that they consider it a place that they can do so.. I mention it's not if I happen to be contributing to that thread.

I don't go trawling through the board like a REAL MOD would do for the purpose of finding offenders.That would be plain SAD.

I COULDN'T do their job.. I get too bad tempered and I'd hunt down people who pee me off and leave a big poo in their letterbox.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Haha, this thread is still alive. . .

and I am posting in it. har.

and thats all I got for today.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I can hear old Goober now in good old Mayberry right now saying, " Citizens arrest, citizens arrest".

Actually that was Gomer. I'm not "modding" you or anything. Just sayin'. I'm not much of an expert on anything, but when it comes to the old Andy Griffith b&w episodes, I'm pretty darn close.

>Count Iz Van Tileckie has spoken!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm guilty. I've reminded people to check out the T&C, but I think it was for very new members, and I wasn't sure they were aware of the need to read the fine print.

Actually, if somebody jumps me out, I feel perfectly at ease giving them a piece of my mind in return, civilly of course. I even remember once posting right back to someone that was being abusive and the first thing I typed was a request to the mods not to give a warning. Then I gave the poster my thoughts on the matter, leaving out all the dirty words.

After arguing with several mods, a couple of the Amigos, and getting a warning once, the asked me to be an FSME. Go figure.

I found out real quick that there was a lot of extra work, and since I was now part of the system, I had to moderate myself better as an example. I couldn't ever again tell somebody they were a poster child for birth control, ask them if they cheated to pass the fourth grade, or comment that I failed to appreciate there thought process on a subject because I was sane.

On the up side, I can now give out a few points in my own forum, and I can even get the ear of a mod to go and look at a post to see if it needs an extra few points because I think it's good, but it's not in my forum. But most importantly to me, I feel like whatever effort I am making for the site is way to give back. Taking without giving is wrong in my world view.

So, here's an apology ahead of time if I irritate you by asking you to stay on topic or not be too nasty in the heat of the moment. I'm doing it so a real mod won't take 500 points with a warning, and because ATS is a place where I want things to go smoothly for everyone. Because I appreciate ATS and what I and others can learn and share here.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Now I realize that most of us do not police the boars as wanna be moderators, but it does help that we have members that watch out for the boards. This can really be helpful when and if moderators are busy going around patrolling the boards. It's easy to be able to avoid the moderators by not violating the Terms & Conditions.
It's easy to keep from violating the T&C's, I should know. I've been prowling the boards for almost three years. It will be three years this coming week.

I can say that I haven't policed to boards like others but I have on occasion reminded members of the Terms and Conditions. If I come back to a thread where I see that I had to put the reminder down and the person(s) are still going at it, I got one simple thing that I do. I simply press that little Ignore button.

Now, if a Railfan's Forum where to somehow be put up on to the site. Ya'll know who to get a hold of. The resident railfan of Abovetopsecret.com G.F.400

(R702-25, Union Pacific 5220 has the clear signal on Number 1 Main, westbound, Cotton Hill, West Virginia. (Unit trash train reroute through here))

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join