It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Update) White Powder found in a Philly Hotel - NOT Anthrax?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am a 20 min drive from Philly, reason I asked is I would drive down there and take some pics and find out What is REALLY going on...........

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
tell me ocelot, what would you do if you found white powder somewhere??

Would you touch it, sniff it, or taste it to determine what it is?????

i wouldn't take that chance personally...but that's me, I value my puny life

Same thing you would do. Why would I touch it, I would just keep on walking minding my own business. But I wouldnt go all ape# and call the national guard or some #.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
oh no ocelot!!!

don't tell me you would just leave it there for someone else to find!!!! what if your kid or your granny came walking by right after and touched it!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The horror....

the horror....

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I would taste it, see if i could sell it!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
LMAO, you guys are too funny.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

oh no ocelot!!!

don't tell me you would just leave it there for someone else to find!!!! what if your kid or your granny came walking by right after and touched it!!!!

First of all you are assuming that this "white powder" would be dangerous... when in all likelyhood it will not be.

link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by Oswald
Powdered sugar from the donuts they just finished for breakfast before leaving...

That could be another posibility. Why is it that everytime people see some white powder they automatically think "Anthrax". I blame the media for this #.... scaring people half to death with this bull#.

To pass along a similar story about the infamous "white powder..."

I work as a supervisor for the airlines, while on the midnight shift I receive a phone call from the supervisor of the cabin cleaning crew who reports "a fine white powder" being found on board an aircraft that was being cleaned. She then told me, "it's anthrax" and we need to quarantine the aircraft and call hazmat teams (this post 9/11 as well, after the Anthrax scares in DC).

The aircraft was taken out of service (remember this was all on midnights, nothing arriving or departing). I make the necessary calls to the appropriate intracompany departments, not calling any hazmat people or putting undo scare into anyone.

After doing some further research, we found the history of the plane, which had arrived from New Orleans. We pulled up the passenger manifest and found the passengers who were sitting in the seats where this "Anthrax" was found. Upon calling the passengers (which is not common), we inquired about what they were eating. Come to find out the passengers had been eating a box of beignets, while drinking.

Thus another scare resolved...

link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I would taste it, see if i could sell it!

LMAO!! Thats not a bad idea. Might as well make some money.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
but how would you know if it is dangerous or not Ocelot?

it might coke, anthrax, powdered sugar, ricin? you can't be sure on a passing glance? so why wouldn't you alert some authority to check it out?

i just think you would be wrong for just walking by and not bringing it to someone's attention....just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
lol...this reminds me of shortly after the anthrax scares when my school was shut down because one of the deans found "white powder" in the CAFETERIA. The geniuses had to bring in a whole team of investigators in chemical suits to tell them that it was SALT.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

but how would you know if it is dangerous or not Ocelot?

it might coke, anthrax, powdered sugar, ricin? you can't be sure on a passing glance? so why wouldn't you alert some authority to check it out?

i just think you would be wrong for just walking by and not bringing it to someone's attention....just my opinion though.

Well if you feel you need to make a big stink about it then by all means do so. I just dont get freaked about stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
lol...this reminds me of shortly after the anthrax scares when my school was shut down because one of the deans found "white powder" in the CAFETERIA. The geniuses had to bring in a whole team of investigators in chemical suits to tell them that it was SALT.

See!! This is exactly the type of # im talking about. I bet the dumbasses felt pretty stupid after they found out it was salt.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
See!! This is exactly the type of # im talking about. I bet the dumbasses felt pretty stupid after they found out it was salt.

Yea, it was all over the local news "anthrax scare" and all this #...then a couple hours later the principal was on the radio trying to get everyone back in school after they had been effectively scared sh.i.tless about a terrorist attack.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"City officials and federal officials are at the Windsor Hotel at 17th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, where early field tests have shown an envelope found in a room may contain anthrax."

here is the article:

abclocal.go.com...

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Yea, it was all over the local news "anthrax scare" and all this #...then a couple hours later the principal was on the radio trying to get everyone back in school after they had been effectively scared sh.i.tless about a terrorist attack.

The people working in the cafeteria should have been hit in the head with frying pans for being so dumb. Salt... LMAO!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well if I was one of the 7 people currently being quarantined while they determine if it is or isn't anthrax, I would be grateful.

it's unfortunate that we live in times, where such things happen, but I rather take precautions, that cry about it about it later.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

it's unfortunate that we live in times, where such things happen, but I rather take precautions, that cry about it about it later.

I try not to worry about stuff like that. But im just that type of person. I dont freak out in emergencies or dangerous situations. I stay pretty calm. If those people would have used some common sense they would have probably realized that it was just salt that probably spilled. When people freak out and dont use their common sense... things like this happen.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I always love that scene where Chong lines up some Comet on a kitchen counter during a houseparty and says 'it looks like coke' then that crack head comes and snorts it up like a vaccum cleaner. LOL!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
well this philly hotel story has a little more "scary" factor than "salt" spilled on a cafeteria floor.

white powder in a envelope...very suspicious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join