It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Update) White Powder found in a Philly Hotel - NOT Anthrax?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
still breaking: FOX News Live

White powdery substance found in a Philly Hotel, by a housekeeper cleaning up after guests had checked out. Authorities are in the processing of investigating. No definitive findings as of yet.

"City officials and federal officials are at the Windsor Hotel at 17th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, where early field tests have shown an envelope found in a room may contain anthrax."
(more)
abclocal.go.com...

Due to the recent events with Ricin, everyone seems to be on edge. Let's hope this turns out to be nothing.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
white powder? Cocaine or something one would assume. Would somebody leave those sorts of chemicals lying around ion ahotel room for a cleaner to find?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe it was just some coccaine or something.

But a real addict would never leave his stash behind, that stuff cost too much.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Eternal]

link   

Originally posted by earthtone
white powder? Cocaine or something one would assume. Would somebody leave those sorts of chemicals lying around ion ahotel room for a cleaner to find?

Thats what I was thinking. Probably some guest getting high and forgot his/her drugs.

link   
Funny story:

I work for Pfizer and one day the person in the cube next to me found white powder on her desk. Well as you can imagine there was a big to-do and I ended up getting 3 payed days off because they had to close that section of the building.

Well, have you ever pulled tissues out of the box and noticed all of the little loose fibers that look almost like powder? Just guess what was next to the 'white powder'.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
lol..i hope it's that...but as a pothead, I can't ever imagine leaving my pot behind in a hotel when I check out.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Well, have you ever pulled tissues out of the box and noticed all of the little loose fibers that look almost like powder? Just guess what was next to the 'white powder'.

LOL!! Thats pretty funny. At least you got a couple of days vacation from the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Powdered sugar from the donuts they just finished for breakfast before leaving...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

LOL!! Thats pretty funny. At least you got a couple of days vacation from the whole thing.

Ya, I just feel sorry for the woman whose cube it was found in as she had to go in for all sorts of testing.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Ya, I just feel sorry for the woman whose cube it was found in as she had to go in for all sorts of testing.

Servers her right for getting freaked out over nothing.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
Powdered sugar from the donuts they just finished for breakfast before leaving...

That could be another posibility. Why is it that everytime people see some white powder they automatically think "Anthrax". I blame the media for this #.... scaring people half to death with this bull#.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal
Maybe it was just some coccaine or something.

But a real addict would never leave his stash behind, that stuff cost too much.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Eternal]

Maybe Bush was passing through.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
makes you wonder if the media/govt should tell us everything?

we blame them for not giving us enough warning and when they do give us info, we blame them for scaring us.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusKlown
Maybe Bush was passing through.

LMAO!! I dont think the secret service would have left any "evidence" if that was the case.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
makes you wonder if the media/govt should tell us everything?

we blame them for not giving us enough warning and when they do give us info, we blame them for scaring us.

They should tell us everything. Problem is people are so goddammed stupid that they freak out over stupid # like this. OMG!!! some white powder on the floor!!! It must be anthrax!! Everyone call the FBI, the CDC! 911!!! Somebody plz do something!!. Plz... enough is enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Servers her right for getting freaked out over nothing.

Well in all fairness, at the time we were working for the product complaint department and we got all sorts of drugs/chemicals sent to us. So with the anthrax scare, it was the correct procedure. I could write a book with all of the strange stories that came out of my work for Pfizer: CDC interactions, anthrax scares, people so hopped up on medication that they claimed the FBI was after them or various conspirisies commited by pharmicutical companies. I think that my favorite was being on the phone with someone taking an anitpsychotic drug and having her scream at me to "pass the ketchup". Now that was damn funny.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
tell me ocelot, what would you do if you found white powder somewhere??

Would you touch it, sniff it, or taste it to determine what it is?????

i wouldn't take that chance personally...but that's me, I value my puny life

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
do you know which hotel or part of the city????

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is not the government so much as the Media

"This is late breaking news. My name is Tom Thomson here at the Dunkin Doughnuts at 5th and Central Ave where there appears to be a white powdery substance on the counter. Upon closer inspection by CDC officials, they found literally DOZENS of doughnuts covered with it. These are the same doughnuts you eat, your CHILDREN eat, your 95 year old crippled grandmother eats. Beware of any baked goods or more importantly SNACK CAKES. Be on the lookout for a Short Italian looking man with a slick mustache. Sources say that he has been seen serving Arab males 18 to 40, presuably MUSLIMS. Stay in your houses and eat Saltines and weak chicken broth for 72 hours if believe yourself to have come in contact with any kind of cakey snack foods in the past month. BOWAHAHAHAHAHA..... This is Tom Thomson with Chanel 5 News. Back to you Dick"

Must be true. Tom and Dick said so. SCARY SCARY SCARY

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
it's a hotel with a burgundy awning in the front, I didn't make out the name. (lol...i know that doesn't help)

but I will pass on the details of the story as to which hotel and what happened as soon I hear more.

oops, should have mentioned it was on FOX News and also on a local philly station, which my stupid satellite isn't picking up right now, because of clouds in my area. sorry.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join