It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechen-type building-buster bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Another thing to add to the debate. Anyone know about these, could they have been used to bring down the towers?

The idea of these bombs being used or hijacked aircraft used as weapons against buildings was brought up back in 1998.

www.fas.org...

Al-Qaida's expected retaliation for the U.S. cruise missile attack against al-Qaida's training facilities in Afghanistan on August 20, 1998, could take several forms of terrorist attack in the nation's capital.

Al-Qaida could detonate a Chechen-type building-buster bomb at a federal building. Suicide bomber(s) belonging to al-Qaida's Martyrdom Battalion could crash-land an aircraft packed with high explosives (C-4 and semtex) into the Pentagon, the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the White House. Ramzi Yousef had planned to do this against the CIA headquarters.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i always did want to know exactly what a "Chechen-type building-buster bomb" is! SADM hybrid perhaps?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Just to bump this and add another link.

archives.cnn.com...

Good find Ultima. It at least shows prior knowledge.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Good find Ultima. It at least shows prior knowledge.

Thanks, still trying to find more information.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have a question though:

What is a "Chechen-type" building buster bomb? When I search those words, all I come up with are articles about this memo.

p.s. Thought I starred and flagged you but now I did.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I have a question though:

What is a "Chechen-type" building buster bomb? When I search those words, all I come up with are articles about this memo.

Well thats what i am researching. Seems like their is little information on this device.

top topics

join