It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eve was older than Adam!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
well no, not in the literal biblical sense!!!

But according to researchers the men on earth (the Y-chromosome is passed only from father to son) can trace their roots to a particular male who lived in Africa, almost 60,000 years ago, but females can go all the way back to 125,000 years.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
An interesting story, but since you need male and female for natural human reproduction, how did this "Eve" procreate to allow the species to continue on for 65,000 years until the "Adam" came along?

Are we saying that the Y chromosome is somehow a mutation of some kind?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
good question...

perhaps the stories of virgin births might have something to do with it?

or perhaps the aliens "did" artificially inseminate or possiblely had actual intercourse with the first woman,
...she had a daughter, and the process continued in that manner, until the first boy was born some 65000 years later???

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So something happened to our male ancestors 60,000 years ago. Maybe the entire male population was destroyed, so that the lineage cannot be traced beyond 60,000 years. Suppose an alien race stepped in and filled the genetic gap. This would account for the missing 60,000 years before, right? Or am I getting it scientifically wrong? It seems odd that the female gene lineage goes back roughly twice amount of the males?

Off topic...sort of.

Have you heard of a comic book called Y:The Last Man?

It's about a genetic catastrophe that kills all males on Earth simultaneously. The story follows a man (Yorick) who happens to survive the plague somehow. Good read. Awesome art.

EDIT:They are planning on making it into a motion picture.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
darkslanser, the article gives a more scientific explanation as to how this happened, but it is written in metaphors so I don't think the scientists even know how it happened for sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Maybe some Y chromosomes mutated into x chromosomes?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Interesting find, world watcher.

This is another one of those mysteries, we might never know the answer to.

Perhaps women can live without men.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

perhaps the stories of virgin births might have something to do with it

Virgin birth is Impossible on paper.
Im not too sure how women must have survived with out the strength of men back then.
Poor poor women
jk.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Virgin birth is Impossible on paper.
Im not too sure how women must have survived with out the strength of men back then.
Poor poor women

Back then you could refer to women as poor, but now the name goes only to men.

For all we know, life is impossible on paper, don't we have life. I guess it is possible to have virigins.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well there are animals in the world capable of asexual reproduction, which does open the door to some questions.

• Were females somehow capable of asexual reproduction at some point?
  • How was the Y chromosome first introduced into the genepool?
  • Is the Y chromosome a mutated X chromosome?
  • If so, how would this supposedly one-off mutation lead to the biological processes for reproduction we see today?
  • Does this show an evolutionary path that has weeded out the ability to reproduce asexually?
  • Can this ability once again be revived?
  • If naturally-occuring asexual reproduction was not a possibility, then are we looking at human lineage being traced back to ancient genetic experiment in the area we know now as cloning?

Personally I believe this to be an interesting concept, though I'm certainly not saying I currently believe we were put here by aliens. But if I follow the information I've been given here, it leads me to believe this to be a possibility, if not a probability.

Any other views on this?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The article says that all human Y-chromosome can be calculated to have to come from one Y-chromosome a long time ago. It doesn't mean that there was no Y-chromosome before that. It doesn't even mean that there was only one at that time, only that we descended from one of the large group. But it's just a calculation with the current differences in the Y-chromosome, so it doesn't even has to be true.

This was actually already discovered in 1996. The article is called "Absence of Polymorphism at the ZFY locus on
the Human Y Chromosome", Science, May 26, 1995, p. 1184ff. A summary can be found here.

If I'm correct, almost all mammals have Y-chromosomes. Some of you here interpreted the article so that humans at one point didn't have a Y-chromosome. Why would humans, who evolved from mammals, lose their Y-chromosomes only to get them back later?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Point taken Amantine. I didn't think this through completely perhaps, and I should reread this before letting my brain skip ahead too many steps.

Meanwhile I'm not suggesting that humans wouldn't have evolved from other mammals, but if these calculations and studies show the X chromosome and Y chromosome to be so far apart chronologically in origin from their current form, let's just say I find that thought to be strange at best.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
It's about a genetic catastrophe that kills all males on Earth simultaneously. The story follows a man (Yorick) who happens to survive the plague somehow. Good read. Awesome art.

Oh my God !!! Are you saying he's the only man living in a women world ?
What a nightmare.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Meanwhile I'm not suggesting that humans wouldn't have evolved from other mammals, but if these calculations and studies show the X chromosome and Y chromosome to be so far apart chronologically in origin from their current form, let's just say I find that thought to be strange at best.

I agree that it's strange, but I can think of a solution to this problem. Maybe there was 60000 years ago a group of genetically very different females and a group of genetically very close related males from which the current human population are descendants. That would allow for the found data.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interestingly, in Genesis it does say in one part that 'The Sons of God came to Earth and had sexual relations with the daughters of Men' - I'll hunt it out if anyone's interested.....

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I would love to read that Agent Smith!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thats all a load of bullshoot

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok this is from the Collins Revised Standard Version:

Genesis Chapter 6
Verses 1-10

When Men began to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose. Then the Lord said, "My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for he is flesh, but his days shall be a hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.
The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord saidm "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the ground, man and beast and creeping things and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them." But Noah found favour in the eyes of the Lord.
These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation; Noah walked with God. And Noah had three sons, Chem, Ham, and Japheth.

Obviously depending what 'Revision' or version you get the wording changes slightly, but they all say basically the same....

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
that's pretty interesting Agent Smith. thanks for posting it.

I am still trying to come up with a good theory for this, but perhaps mutation is the best option for now.

It's still hard to accept though.

Perhaps we just haven't discovered the oldest male skeleton yet, and if we ever do, perhaps it will show that there were both x and y chromosones around 125000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Based On Summerian history we were genectically made from annunak. (alien beings)

xfacts.com...

xfacts.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join