It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen But Awake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi,
I would like to tell you of a this thing that's happened twice to me. Ok, so I usually go to bed late. When I fall asleep, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night. About a month ago, I've woken up frozen, literally, I felt like I couldn't move at all, only move my eyes. I was blinking in disblelief, I thought it could be an alien trying to abduct me. I tried to move my eyes and even they felt like they were frozen, my eyes were stuck and it looked kinda how a possessed person in movies would look like. I am Christian and prayed to God to help, and I fought to move and I finally broke free of whatever happened. I thought I had a seizure because of my stuck eyes, I don't know. I stayed up the rest of that night.

This happened again about two days ago. I woke up, and was paralyzed. I think it might just be that I'm awake but yet dreaming (dont know what its called) where my mind is conciously aware, yet my body is still in sleep mode. Please, if anyone has comments post, I'm a bit weirded out.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is the defacto standard definition for what is called Sleep Paralysis. I'm sure if you do a search on the forums you will find a wealth of information regarding this topic. It gets discussed fairly often, and many people dislike posting the same information over and over again.

I have sleep paralysis on the average of twice a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. It is usually associated with lucid dreaming for me, and is the means I use to successfully "roll" out of my "body" so to speak. It is an extremely frightening feeling at first, but after time you recognize it and for me atleast, start to enjoy it.

It is nothing to be scared of - out of the hundreds of sleep paralysis accounts I have read not one person has ever been harmed, nor had any negative side effects as a result. Hope this helped explain it to you a little more clear.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thank you. I really thought that something paranormal was behind this, as I keep reading of how people are pinned down in alien spaceships. This really makes me feel a lot better, thanks again.

new topics

join