It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A World Without Islam - Opinions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I don't know of anybody still worshipping Isis and Osiris the way the old Egyptians did. Is the world a better or worse place now that the old Egyptian religion is gone?

I don't see where it has gotten any better in regards to violence and religion...

It is true that Christ taught of love and compassion... However, any one who doesn't think that the Christians wouldn't like to start a new inquisition or witch hunt for those they perceive as being the "enemies" of God are sadly mistaken. They would just like Islam does...

Look I have said before and I will say it again,the whole "war on terrorism" is nothing if it isn't a religious war. Being someone who is somewhat Christian but also having what many Chritians and Muslims would consider "heretical" beliefs, I can see what is currently going on in this world now.

If there isn't a stop put to it by those who have any sense about them at all, there will be no more "religiou or spiritual freedom," either the Muslims or Christians will have you living under the sword of the "truth" according to them..

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I don't know of any mainstream Christians who wish violence on anyone that merely shares differing views, or want to start witch hunts. I'm sure you can find some kooks if you look hard enough, but that's certainly not the view of the vast majority. That's where Islam(which is the religion spread by the sword) differs.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
BlueRaja, since 9/11, my views of both Islam and Christianity have changed dramatically. I have always been more of a spiritual than religious person to begin with, but at one time I thought both the Islamic and christian institutions were fairly decent. However, as I have examined history and what is currently going on in this world today, I can't say that I still believe that.

You turn it over to TBN, and listen to some of the preachers like Hagee and others, and you would understand what I mean. Then you turn on the news and listen to some Cleric or Mullah talking about how all Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, and pagans should be slayed by the sword, and then you understand where I am coming from even more.

To me, it's a renewed crusade by two religions who feel like they are somehow being slighted or something. However, what both sides don't realize is that it's going to explode in their face and it's not going to be a happy ending for either of the two institutions.. Yeah, I am calling Islam and Christianity institutions because to me they are no longer religions, per se, at least not in their original form..

Anyway, like I said, BlueRaja, before 9/11 and the awakening I had in regards to these two institutions, I probably would have agreed with you. Now? :shk:

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It was a matter of time before the Islam v.s. Christianity began it slowly was making it's way to the surface.
The world unfortunately is at a state of corruption, so it makes no difference what religious teachings go away. All teachings that were handed down from the Creator (To clarify who this is, the many names are Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh, Brahma, etc.) There were many messengers sent to mold man and many to come.
Let's do a who has the best religion game show. There will be only one question ask for the winner.
Question 1: How many families or children within a 5 mile radius of any Church, Mosque, Temple, or Academy have food and shelter? True believers of the words of the Creator will never allow anyone to starve or die because of not having shelter or food. Please don't twist it and bring the charity nonsense to the table. There should be not one starving or homeless family near any structure that teaches the word of the Creator. MAN (Human) can't solve this basic problem, so how can any religious organization claim to be doing the Creators wishes. Know thyself and you will know the Creator.

Edit for typo.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Blaqmyst, you are correct... However, there is a big difference between living your life as a Christian or Holy person and just walking around with the label..
That is what many don't understand.

There is a war coming. Are you ready?

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Blaqmyst,religious organizations don't and never have, to my knowledge, done the will of the creator. Christ said "live and let live," yet, there were the crusades and the abominable inquisition, not to mention the witch hunts...

People say, "Why not let that be?" Why? It happened. The difference between my Christianity and other's "Christianity" is that I admit the failures of the institution of christianity, others don't.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In regards to Islam, as far as I can tell, having read as much of the Koran as I can stomach, it is little different than the OT of the Christian bible.. It is pretty much eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This is a racist post, I can't understand your desire to know the answer to this question.

You may have well thought that Hitler sat down and considered "what the world would be like without international jewery?" or Oliver Cromwell: "what would the world be like without catholics?" Alternately, Pohl Pot thinking about those bourgeoise intellectuals etc etc

I could go on.

How about spending some time, in the manner of John Lennon and imagining a world without differences - what a great place that would be.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EJHoover
How about spending some time, in the manner of John Lennon and imagining a world without differences - what a great place that would be.

That's kind of idealistic. Ergo it's almost impossible to happen. A more practical approach is to cherish the differences (the good ones, mind you). Not impossible. Has been done with a pretty high rate of success in me country.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EJHoover

I agree with you but also like the intellectual challenge to an utopian concept.
For sure if Islam didn’t exist some thing else would have spring out from the region of Arabia.
If one think that all problem reside only in one religion, then one have to think twice about himself and he's judgement.
If you like to push the debate further what about "what if religions didn’t exist?"
This above question surely is not an utopian concept but a valid theory for a very alternative world concept.

kacou

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
In our own hearts we know that religion is on its way out. As a whole religion was formed as a controlling mechanism to keep the masses in line. Or should we say guidance, thats what they would have us believe.

Is there any real need or place for religion in the 21st century, not just Islam. We have got to the point were science has and is answering all the who were and why's.

As a moral format it still holds good, but it still has lunatics taking it way to seriously. As for Islam well, its a religion that has been at war within its own circles for centurys, now its starting on the rest of the world because its running out of its own battles.

The other disadvantage is the fact that a good percentage of Islamic countrys are still under developed, mentally as well. You cannot expect a third world country to behave the same way as lets say the UK or the US.

Religion had its time, humans grew up. Its now time to come together in unity, this is needed if we are to move on as a race. We need to move towards the unification point and embrace the soul, then we will unlock the next stage in mankinds journey and join our brethren amongst the stars.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A World Without Islam

is a world better off...........................

a world without religion

is a world better off...............

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EJHoover

How is discussing Islam or lack therof racist? The question wasn't would the world be better off without this group of people, but whether or not it would be better off without a specific religion.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I wouldn't exactly call televangelists mainstream with a few exceptions. Now if you can point to someone like Billy Graham, Chuck Swindoll, and folks like that(at least in terms of Protestant Christians), having suggested that non-Christians should be dealt with violently, I could see having that view.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay. You are absolutely correct. There is a big difference. So many will use the words "I AM" but when you peel back the layers, they are not what they claim to be. This war between man will continue until they day of the book. You asked if I was ready, I am.
Jesus said that what I have done you shall do. Death is the birth of the divine flesh and when people come to their senses and understand that the Kingdom is within you. Maybe so many will be hesitate to do wrong towards their brother or sister. Your Temple is where GOD rest. Know theyself and you shall know GOD.

Peace

Edit for typo reason.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Blaqmyst,religious organizations don't and never have, to my knowledge, done the will of the creator. Christ said "live and let live," yet, there were the crusades and the abominable inquisition, not to mention the witch hunts...

People say, "Why not let that be?" Why? It happened. The difference between my Christianity and other's "Christianity" is that I admit the failures of the institution of christianity, others don't.

Again, I would have to agree. Many organization live in the closet hiding from their mishalfs. It's common knowledge of the Crusades and how horrifying they were. The same for Islam and their quest to conquer Mecca and place the idea of One God to it's followers. Man has constantly killed each other in order to spread what they believe is truth. I say truth is aught, aught is the Creator. In the past I was guilty of allowing my passions to dictate my temple. When we are able to draw a circle around our passions, prejudices, and desires, what is left in man? I believe truth, and truth is aught.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Blaqmyst, if one looks at what is currently going on with Islam and Christianity, it becomes apparent that they are at least trying to revive a crusade. However, fortunately, this time, the rest of the world is going to have something to say in the matter... That is unfortunate for the two institutions of Islam and Christianity. It is good for the rest of humanity...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think that Islam will eventually crumble under its own stringent weight.. Christianity will either have to admit its misdeeds or its future is similar...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ASYLUM100
In our own hearts we know that religion is on its way out. As a whole religion was formed as a controlling mechanism to keep the masses in line. Or should we say guidance, thats what they would have us believe.

Is there any real need or place for religion in the 21st century, not just Islam. We have got to the point were science has and is answering all the who were and why's.

As a moral format it still holds good, but it still has lunatics taking it way to seriously. As for Islam well, its a religion that has been at war within its own circles for centurys, now its starting on the rest of the world because its running out of its own battles.

The other disadvantage is the fact that a good percentage of Islamic countrys are still under developed, mentally as well. You cannot expect a third world country to behave the same way as lets say the UK or the US.

Religion had its time, humans grew up. Its now time to come together in unity, this is needed if we are to move on as a race. We need to move towards the unification point and embrace the soul, then we will unlock the next stage in mankinds journey and join our brethren amongst the stars.

Very well said. In the coming AGE man will be introduced not only to others higher than HE/SHE spirtually but also man will come to realize that no matter how different life may be, we are all from one source. As above so below. Before there was nothing, the Creator had a thought, from this thought the Universe came to be, man is identical to the smallest quantum particle. We all came from that thought of the Creator. The Creator is infinite and the thoughts of the Creator is infinite. Because man is part of this thought, man is infinite.
So many messengers that came before was trying to deliver this simple message, but the passions and desires of man blinded His/Her way.

Let's just say this for the sake of argument. What will man do if we are faced with advance beings that came millions of light years away to simply say hello? I can only imagine the worst.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaqmyst
Let's just say this for the sake of argument. What will man do if we are faced with advance beings that came millions of light years away to simply say hello? I can only imagine the worst.

Well, judging by the fear ridden posts I see posted here at ATS in regards to sucha scenario, the outcome wouldn't be good..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join