learn more

TERRORISM: CIA Director, "We never claimed Iraq was an imminent threat."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You people are so right!

the US is neither right or wrong, good nor bad!

Just everyday people.....ye ah!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
First of all...
.."we were wrong"...implying what exactly worldwatcher? Intel was wrong or Bush and the administration was wrong for going to war with Iraq BASED on the intelligence at hand...both domestic and foreign?

Be sure that when you and others point your lil' crocked fingers, despite whose side you subjectively think I am on, my beliefs and views are based around being objective, that you and them include the likes of the UN, France, Germany, the Democrats, Spain, and countless others who had intelligence on Iraq, and WHO also considered Iraq a "growing threat", is lying or as you call it: "double-speaking"?

regards
seekerof

if everyone else considered him a 'growing threat', why was the US the only ones who wanted this war? ohh thats right, cause saddam bought off those other countries...it's a conspiracy i tell ya.

Tenet also said that "in the intelligence business, you are never completely wrong or completely right ... When the facts of Iraq are all in, we will neither be completely right nor completely wrong."

that's about as double-speaky as you can get.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
TheNeo:
"What's all this about failing? Failing what? The US wanted Iraq and went in a took it. What failure?"

Are you new here? The failure to find WMD's, which we were promised were therem and was the whole reason for this illegal invasion.

"The operation was carefully run and that is all anyone can expect."

LOL! How about expecting that the reasons you are told WHY the war is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY are TRUE?

"Nah, Saddam was a used up turncoat creep. He hadda go. Besides it is valuable land and it sends a good message to other countries over there. "

Please explain to me how this sends a positive message to the region. Unless Kill Americans Before They Kill You is a positive message.

"Also there is the Arab issue, they are spreading around like crazy and worse still they will off themselves for allah (some of them anyways), faster than a Marine will drop for pushups when the sargeant frowns at him."

If you're going to spread your racist propaganda, please get it right. All Arabs are not Muslims, therefore all Arabs don't believe in Allah.

Seekerof: "Be sure that when you and others point your lil' crocked fingers, despite whose side you subjectively think I am on, my beliefs and views are based around being objective, that you and them include the likes of the UN, France, Germany, the Democrats, Spain, and countless others who had intelligence on Iraq, and WHO also considered Iraq a "growing threat", is lying or as you call it: "double-speaking""

The UN, French and German intelligence were not, in their estimation, SUFFICIENT TO LAUNCH AN INVASION. That's why they didn't.

And they were right, you were wrong.

Your beliefs are NOT based on you being objective, since you ignore FACTS that are contrary to your narrow view.

j

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If public servants are not held accountable for the mistakes they make then national security is a joke.

They may as well hang giant banners across the street in Washington DC saying "Welcome Terrorists of The World".

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Be sure that when you and others point your lil' crocked fingers, despite whose side you subjectively think I am on, my beliefs and views are based around being objective, that you and them include the likes of the UN, France, Germany, the Democrats, Spain, and countless others who had intelligence on Iraq, and WHO also considered Iraq a "growing threat", is lying or as you

Why are these countries not spiting out thier intel on these " WMD'S ", and the reason why Saddam was a " Growing " threat?

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We've all seen this before with the CIA. They are lieing through their teeth & they know it.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
omfg....that is just a whole lot of bull right there. damn republicans screwing the hell out of this country....

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is not he first time the American people have been lead into war by false reports. What make this unique is that we know about it this early.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
HEHEhehe... Disinformation at it's best. (Tenet's speach)

It think it's funny to see people trying to defend the US administration after #s like this lol...

Now let's wait for the next speech who announce who is the real imminent threat.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What a crock of shayeet!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You can not blame France and Germany for protecting their economic interests.

If Saddam fell and we invaded, the U.S. would make the oil a free trade regardless of whether we get the profit or not.

If Saddam stayed, they always had the vouchers.

Plus they make us look bad and them good in the international market.

Win-win for them I'd say. So why do you blame us for securing our economic interests, which has been and still is considered national security by the way.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
In fact it is "our" fault because we let them do things like that. And because they know they can get away with almost anything, that's why they just do what they want, after all, who cares about the truth ? Everybody care about what has been said.. and not what really happened.

I mean before the war everyone "knew" the war was not justified, not even one hard evidence was presented, in fact they even copied a paper from a student that they found on the net. And that was widely known, so who's fault is it ? There were many many protests worldwide, but most peoples kept their mouth shut and so now we are still trying to find out if it was justified or not.. well let me say this, if you don't know if it was justified or not, then it wasn't because you'd know if it was...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Where I come from this is called Bullcrap!!

This will be swept under the rug and you will hear about this like you do Enron, and the telling of an operatives name. (I thought he appointed a commission on that too)!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You people are ridiculous!!!!!

So, it's not a good idea to liberate a nation ruled by a mass genocidal tyrant????

I'm sure the Jews would of loved to of heard this talk in WWII.

(sarcasticly)
NO! NO! War is not the answer!!!

Sometimes it is. I'm sure the slaves would agree to that.

"It's none of our business!."

The world is our business it should be every nations business.

And by the way. The New Government of Iraq and the United Nations will control that oil.

In the big picture of things. Saddam had to be eliminated from power because he DID not answer to the United Nations. That racist moron in Korea will be next.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
And it was the DUTCH people that first captured and brought the slaves to the United States.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBlack
You people are ridiculous!!!!!

pot, kettle, etc.

So, it's not a good idea to liberate a nation ruled by a mass genocidal tyrant????

liberate? yes alec, i'll take "a clue" for 100- please. funny, theres iraqis now blowing things up all over the place and marching...they really seem happy to be 'liberated'...but i guess they're too dumb to know whats best for themselves, good thing we're around to dictate for saddam now that he's gone.

I'm sure the Jews would of loved to of heard this talk in WWII.

comparing saddam to hitler might help you sleep at night but it's a pretty weak comparison.

(sarcasticly)
NO! NO! War is not the answer!!!

Sometimes it is. I'm sure the slaves would agree to that.

ohhh the slaves...you mean the black people who were taken from their homeland and treated like property to help build this great nation of ours? oh i totally see the comparison there. end sarcasm. it's pretty obvious you can't deal with one situation at a time so you feel the need to compare other situations to try to justify invading a country for no good reason. again, whatever helps you sleep at night.

"It's none of our business!."

The world is our business it should be every nations business.

yes, the world is our business and we have to make sure we protect our US corporate interest wherever that may be.

And by the way. The New Government of Iraq and the United Nations will control that oil.

ohh which new government of iraq do you mean? the puppets we install and approve? and when exactly will this new iraqi government be allowed to run their own country? ahhhh yes thats right, when the US says they're ready.

In the big picture of things. Saddam had to be eliminated from power because he DID not answer to the United Nations. That racist moron in Korea will be next.

if the only justification needed for invading a country is an evil ruler and not answering to the UN we'll be spending the next 20 years at war, should be fun.

ME

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Bush was planning this war even before he bought the White House. It wouldn't have mattered if they were a threat, had weapons or anything else. They have the oil and that is all that was nessecary.

I bet Bush and others knew before hand about 911, let it happened so they would have an excuse. Didn't we know about Pearl Harbor?

Annnnnnnnnd . . . .

We didn't completely lie, but we didn't completely tell the truth, is what Tenet really ment.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by ME]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Isn't Dick Cheney the first vice-president who has frequented the CIA-headquarters more than any before him?
What is Richard Perle's agenda after being advisor to B. Netanyahu for foreign affairs and now working in the Pentagon?
What is so secret about Energy Department papers to make them national security?

And JackBlack....when the Dutch went for slaves they bought them from african leaders.

enomous.......comparing Saddam to Hitler is weak indeed but they where brought to power by the same people.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am not surprised because I do remember that the news reported the CIA claimed iraq wasn't an immediate threat back before the war started.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
k.. on a personal level i feel the war in iraq is wrong... maybe just maybe if they said were gonna go liberate a opressed people... instead of lieing about sadam having the ablity to strike america with his massive ammount's of chemical and biological weapon's i woulda been more behind the whole invasion.... but im sorry the reason has changed to many times.... your own president has changed his mind about why the war is going on... and half the crap hes spouted off about in his great speaches in his grand ballrooms... whre no one can question him or call him a lier have all been lies anyway..... and im very sorry but if you recall the first gulf war we turned our back's on the iraqi's and let them get slaughter'ed when we told them to stand up against sadam

as always these are my 2 cents... the veiws and oppinions expressed are not the view's and oppinons of the parrent network or her affiliate's

top topics

<< 1   >>

join