It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abundant Evidence to Warn People Against GE Crops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

In a study in the early 1990’s rats were fed genetically modified (GM) tomatoes. Well actually, the rats refused to eat them. They were force-fed.

I fear people will do the same thing to their childern when they do the same.

If rats refuse to eat it, there is absolutely no way it is safe to eat. In fact, I bet it's designed so that it's not.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
right, it could've been a number of things that upset my stomach.

the very strange thing is, some foods that used to be stomach killers to me I can now safely eat n drink, where as somethings that used to be okay to eat like .. 8 years ago will now give me a big problem. Like the problem foods done switched on me for no reason..

italian used to screw me up. now i can eat it like a champ.

but mexican? itll tear me up. but when i was young, it was good.

chinese used to mess me up, now its like a staple, i know rice n chicken isn't gonna hurt too much. sure hope that is chicken..

i used to get the runs 1st thing in the morning if i drank a soda on an empty stomach. now i drink a soda on an empty stomach in the morning to settle my stomach.

this makes me think my bowels have been changing due to what is in them.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
If the fuel is changed at a genetic level, the changed fuel is absorbed, and the structure its absorbed into changes.

Bacteria in your gut need fuel, and use this as well as your micro villiae in your intestines which absorb the fuel for your body.
(This is a really simplified demo)

This doesn't happen. You can't change it with proteins or whatever (well not in this way), you have to actually change the genetic code of the bacteria.

you should have read the links before you put on your judgement.

I did. The page is vague and offers no mechanism for this magical "change" caused by genetically engineered crops.

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOODS MAY POSE NATIONAL HEALTH RISK

Now I can understand the allergen bit, as DNA codes for proteins, and taking DNA from, say, a nut can make the crop produce the allergenic protein if you get the part of its DNA code that codes for it.

You've been saying (your links too) that it modifies your guy bacteria. This is the only one that sort of explains...

The same study verified that the promoter, which scientists attach to the inserted gene to permanently switch it on, also transferred to gut bacteria. Research on this promoter suggests that it might unintentionally switch on other genes in the DNA—permanently. This could create an overproduction of allergens, toxins, carcinogens, or antinutrients. Scientists also theorize that the promoter might switch on dormant viruses embedded in the DNA or generate mutations.

Unfortunately, gene transfer from GM food might not be limited to our gut bacteria. Preliminary results show that the promoter also transferred into rat organs, after they were fed only a single GM meal.

It doesn't say how this is happening though. You don't get cow DNA when you eat steak. How do you or they explain this "transfer"?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well Johnmike, I'm no scientist but I put my trust in scientific papers when the source is reliable.

And remember the saying "you become what you eat" so I'm not sure about your example with eating steak. I do know however that single celled organisms are caple of exchanging DNA cross species by mere contact.

The short of the long is GMO are allien DNA to your body, where that of the buffalo probably has been known to the human metabolism for some million years.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The only reasons the big agro companies are pushing and lobbying the whole GM thing are money and total control of the population through food.
Thats it in a nutshell.
Big companies like monsanto would sell babies cyanide milk if they thought they would make a profit.
Anyone who trusts a company like that who go around stealing and patenting seeds from poor indian farmers,or introducing terminator genes into seeds,needs to do some serious reading up on the subject.
How can anyone believe the hype that this will help save millions...
Yeah right-only those millions whop can afford it,IE the rich nations.
Its all part of the population reduction plan.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Couldn't agree more Silicone.

As I've said, and I'll keep on saying it till my dying day, GMO is part of NWO agenda of depopulating the earth, as are DU, biofuels, food additives, and most synthetic medicines and I will suspect some nano techonologies as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And remember the saying "you become what you eat" so I'm not sure about your example with eating steak. I do know however that single celled organisms are caple of exchanging DNA cross species by mere contact.

Not in humans, no. That's how a virus works...

The short of the long is GMO are allien DNA to your body, where that of the buffalo probably has been known to the human metabolism for some million years.

That makes absolutely no sense. You digest foreign DNA. You have no clue what you're believing in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join