It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Possible Sarin Gas Leak in Alabama Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
An Alabama chemical weapons incinerator was shut down after an alarm indicated a possible leak of a small amount of deadly sarin nerve agent inside a main building. Officials claim the the amount of Sarin released was minute, however this is not the first time this has happened. Since the plant began destroying weapons six months ago, several alarms were triggered, but officials viewed the latest alarm as more serious because of its location.

ap.tbo.com...

*I personally would be greatly concerned if I was a citizen of Alabama living anywhere near this chemical plant.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
interesting, so are they US weapons that they are dismantling?? i'd assume so.

sarin gas (for those who dont know) is the chemical used on a Tokyo train station in 1995 (can't remember how many casualties) by a Japanese cult (forgot their name), they also did a "test" on a neighbourhood which killed 10 people (i think thats how many).

so it is very deadly.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I live in Alabama and close to the incenarator. The weapons they are dismantling are aging US Chemical weapons that happen to be leaking already. They have had several suspected leaks in the past but all have turned out to be false alarms.

join