It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cremation or Burial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I was just thinking about what I would like to happen to me when I die. I know that there are many different religious opinions about how this should be handled, but I was wondering if anyone on ATS has some "inside information"
Possibly a medium? I know that we all believe that when we die our sole leaves the body, and there is no pain, but no one really knows for sure because no one has come back from that point to tell us. So any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
about the ''we don't know..."

since 1926 when Harry Houdini, died....
(the famous magician, excape artist, and paranormal proponent)

he swore on his deathbed that he would contact the living from
the 'other side'... i believe that the annual halloween seances
to contact Houdini have long since ceased.,, i guess.

the new fad called EVP electronic voice phenomena are supposed to be
voices from beyond the grave,

but about our corpses upon death, i lean towards some sort of cremation
...and a really 'green' way to accomplish that might be with some type of
Solar Oven that would make use of free sunlight instead of using fossil
fuels to bake my future corpse into a pile of ashes.

i am going to use this post as the basis for my patent claim for the prototype Solar Crematorium that i thought of first ... see time/date stamp
on this ATS Post

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
I know that we all believe that when we die our sole leaves the body, and there is no pain, but no one really knows for sure because no one has come back from that point to tell us. So any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Yes, no question that the sole will leave (along with the foot) the body. LOL!!
But anyway, my personal preference is cremation, although whether it's cremation or burial, the physical body will become part of the earth.
My personal belief is that at the point of death, the soul leaves the physical body and, therefore, what remains is just the physical remains, which is nothing but an empty shell.
Cremation seems to be the trend, and besides, it is much less expensive than a casket burial.

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't cremation make it so that the body can't decompose therfore not giving anything back to the earth?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by coryblood
please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't cremation make it so that the body can't decompose therfore not giving anything back to the earth?

As we all know, after cremating the physical remains, all that is left are the ashes. Many families then bury the ashes in a cemetery plot. Some others may scatter in the sea. Some others may scatter the ashes, discretely, in the mountains or in forests. Some others may scatter in the desert. (When I die, I will have part of my ashes spread in the desert in Nevada, probably near Groom Lake, LOL !!)
Therefore, eventually, they all become part of the earth. Some others may simply keep the urn at home.
By the way, the body, whether embalmed or not, will decompose in either case.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I read somewhere that someone famous was visited by his recently dead friend who complained to him that the body should have 4 days peace after death, to make sure the soul is completely out. He apparently was cremated and felt every bit of it. Can't remember who they were but might have something to do with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who was very interested in the afterlife. I have this wierd thing about it now though, and hope there's no prodding and embalming of me till the four days are up, just in case.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
cremated and turned into a reef.

www.eternalreefs.com...

Eternal Reefs, Inc. creates permanent living legacies that memorialize the passing of a loved one. For families and individuals that choose cremation, Eternal Reefs offers a new memorial choice that replaces cremation urns and ash scattering with a permanent environmental living legacy.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
green funeral.
basically just a random ditch with a flimsy wooden box. no embalming, just toss me in.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
green funeral.
basically just a random ditch with a flimsy wooden box. no embalming, just toss me in.

Nice one. Here in the US, that would be highly illegal without a concrete vault.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Eh I'd like that as well, but I really doubt my family would allows that.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Burial is the most ridiculous thing in the world. Look at all the space given and profits made because someone wants their dead body to decompose over 100 years in a 10,000.00 dollar casket? I remember being young and burying my great uncle and just thinking what a sham it was for them to spend so much money on a deadguy. One of those things I will forever disagree with.

As far as my death, I honestly want to take out some ridiculous loan at age 30-35, go on the most expensive cruise, and the night of the return voyage, give myself to the ocean. Party is up and part in silence without anybody knowing what happened to you. S* is romantic. Hahaha.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Really a funeral/burial is primarily for those left behind. The dead could probably care less. So when you think about it that way, it is those who are closest to the deceased who wish to have a memorial to visit/think about.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Chop me up and feed me to the pigs.

Big fat ones, like those pot-bellied buggers, yeah they'll do the job.

I'll be prime - grade "A" compost in no time.

That's about as green as you can get!!

Those Russian gansters know the score...

MonKey

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I was just thinking about what I would like to happen to me when I die. I know that there are many different religious opinions about how this should be handled, but I was wondering if anyone on ATS has some "inside information"
Possibly a medium? I know that we all believe that when we die our sole leaves the body, and there is no pain, but no one really knows for sure because no one has come back from that point to tell us. So any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Hi xyankee/

I guess what happens to the 'soul' when the body dies, depends on ones religious views.
About being 'no pain' after death?
This again depends on ones religious views as well....it is known that pain is felt by the face expressions on the people on their death bed....often 'fear' is not a good sign,whilst a serene face is considered to be at peace?

Christians(Orthodox)are not allowed to be cremated.
Obvious reasons being that the body is reunited with the soul at Judgement Day.
The other is the buriel of Jesus Christ...He was buried in the 'rich mans' tomb, and not cremated.
I guess if one happens to die in a fire, then one cannot be held responsible.
The other thing about being buried and not cremated is that,the coffin is opened up after 10 or so years to see if their is Sainthood.
The body of a unrepented sinner will be somewhat different to a repented sinner.
This is still done in countries that hold onto Church laws about Sainthood......the body looks alive and is fragrant and undecayed, is a sign of leading a rightous life...whilst a quickly decayed body shows the opposite.

Have people come in contact with one that has passed away?
Yes, there have been many who have witnessed contact with the dead....this usually happens within the 40 days of the person passing away.
It is said 40 days because Old Testament testifies to this, and so does the New Testament........Christ being on earth with His Apostles for the 40 days .
Although there are many who say there is contact with the dead through seances,this is considered dangerous and also deception is likely to be present.

Have people come back from the dead to tell us this?
It depends if people believe this or not.....there have been many cases but yet, many chose to believe what they want to believe.

helen

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
And they need to come kneel next to my dead body. Let's evolve already, for Christ's sake.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Whether cremated, buried, or scattered. The LORD will be fully capable of gathering your particles before judgment day to be sentenced.

If you aren't born again the second "the lights go out", you will find yourself in hell awaiting judgment day sentencing, before being cast alive into a lake of fire.

If you are born again, you will go to be with the creator for ever.

Whether being planted or scattered, I suppose should be the least of a man's worries.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

So, your remains won't be gathered if you go to hell, but they'll be gathered when you go to heaven?

What about the people that have already died and been through judgement, now living with the creator? Wouldn't their remains be needed and collected as in judgement day?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
So, your remains won't be gathered if you go to hell, but they'll be gathered when you go to heaven?

All will be gathered to be sentenced according to their works. Everyone who isn't found written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

What about the people that have already died and been through judgement, now living with the creator? Wouldn't their remains be needed and collected as in judgement day?

They are absent from the body but present with the LORD, those who are in him that is. These will be resurrected sooner than the others.

Those who reject him and have left the body, are in hell awaiting sentencing right now. No matter who they may be, from the smallest to the greatest.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

But we're talking about physical remains here. Your spirit will reuinite with the spiritual on your day of reckoning, right? Or do you and the other Christian have conflicting views on the subject?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

But we're talking about physical remains here. Your spirit will reuinite with the spiritual on your day of reckoning, right?

The physical body yes. Take a look at Daniel 12.

Or do you and the other Christian have conflicting views on the subject?

Shouldn't unless they flat out reject what he's spoken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join