It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you collect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
everyone always laughs at this but i collect tattoos. i have 59 of them now.
i also collect gif's. have tons of those
music of course....several thousand misc songs and mics groups but i have the entire zappa collection and i have a ton of live phish shows.
i have a small knife collection along with a small gun collection.
i collect mma fights/highlight reels and such. i have about 40 gigs of that. i thought i had 60 but it's holding at 40.

so, what do you collect?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hay there Boondock, i hope you dont think im following you tonite!
I have an excellent collection of old bottle, just love them, what i love best is my old marble tops. great for displaying. people always are intreaged by how i should have them.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

no worries...it's early and a weekend. not many people are gonna be on right now...
it's cool that you collect old bottles. i could get into stuff like that.

there is a haberdashery store downtown and i pop in there once a week or so. i have picked up some very cool(to me) items...early americana stuff.

i like old stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wow you really should, look for stuff that is obviously Pre machine made, check for chips, oil can fix alot of problems as far as leeching in glass too.

Im in Aust so obviousy the age of my bottles will only go back as far as the white settlement (just over two hundred years) but if i was there, i know what i'de be looking for. Thanks for feed back boondock, see ya nuts.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
i forgot my fav thing i collect.

musical scores....i have tons of scores....hundreds of scores...
i am working on printing off the zappa guitar book but that alone is 300+ pages of score.
gonna bind it in leather and then engrave the zappa stasche on the cover

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
My brother out law actually made me a Frank Zapper recording years ago, but slack old me didn't listen, he's a very good sax player. Its all zapper and hendrix with him. nice out law tho. like ya nuts.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuts!
My brother out law actually made me a Frank Zapper recording years ago, but slack old me didn't listen, he's a very good sax player. Its all zapper and hendrix with him. nice out law tho. like ya nuts.

not accurate.
frank did NOT play sax.
he wrote/composed music for the sax but he was primarily a composer, then guitarist, then percussionist.

frank didn't play any wind/brass, things like that.

ian underwood was one of his sax players
napolean murphy brock is another
motorhead sherwood

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Cool topic.

I collect statues, paintings and anything at all with the three monkeys (see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil). I've got stuff from all over the world, it's probably the one thing I have always collected.

i guess that's it! The digital age has been wonderful for me. Most of the stuff I used to collect (cds, dvds, games, etc.) would have taken up at least a room. Now it takes up a couple hard drives, which I have copies of, just in case. A fine advantage to a collection of anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I collect tickets.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I collete the following

I have almost all the Rugrats Bubble makers (mint cond)
I have a limited edition MGS1 box set
I have all the MGS Games
I have 60+ DVDs
I have 15+ PS2 games
I have 5+ xbox 360 games
I have StarGate Box sets

thats pretty much all i am collecting

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I collect:

Money
Guns- 26 and counting
Coast to Coast shows- 22gb archive
Phil Hendrie- 18 gb archive

Thats it.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

i probably have about 300 dvd's and counting..
the three monkeys are cool, scientist.

they have some at the local haberdashery place downtown....maybe next time i am there i will get a pic of what he has and a price....
i could maybe help ya with your collection.

lately i have been trying to collect 'spiritual' things like the ganesha and buddah. we kind of have an asian theme happening...

i have a tapestry that my uncle got me from south korea.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
maybe next time i am there i will get a pic of what he has and a price....
i could maybe help ya with your collection.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I collect guns, knives, money and can't ever turn down candle holders and oil lamps.

I know it seems strange for a female to collect guns and knives. Being first born in our family my dad started me off early hunting. He wanted a boy but got me instead. So, I feel fortunate that he taught me all the manly stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Hey Boon, Sorry but theres a thread like this already started...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Just letting you know

~Min

[edit on 1-12-2007 by minnie]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I collect several things. I have a very extensive but not very valuable coin collection, not many rare years and mint marks but just about every year that's worth next to nothing. I got around 350 guns, not so much a collection but i just like to get what's new and file the old ones away. My favorite thing to collect is autographed first edition books, none will probably be worth anything since they're all SciFi/Fantasy but i like em so why not have em autographed as well. I've got everything by R.A. Salvatore with the exception of The Icewind Dale Trilogy and the Dark Elf Trilogy. I've looked everywhere for these 6 books in the original hard cover but can't find them. I've also got about 75, 1:18 scale diecast cars of Matt Kenseth, they just sit in boxes in my basement though.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by minnie

sorry minnie. i am bad about searching but the last post in that thread was six months ago....i don't like to resurect old threads like that....

scientist, i'm serious dude...i will go to the haberdashery shop one day this week and bring my camera and if he has the monkeys(i am positive i saw several things there) i will take a pic of them and let you know the price...

i'll hook ya up...this shop is very cool...all kinds of that type

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by nuts!

not
frank did NOT play sax.
accurate.he wrote/composed music for the sax but he was primarily a composer, then guitarist, then percussionist.

frank didn't play any wind/brass, things like that.

ian underwood was one of his sax players
napolean murphy brock is another
motorhead sherwood

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Sorry Boondocks, i didn't mean Zappa played the sax, i mean my bro out law!! any how great times ahead for you i know it!!! maan i see ya round nuts.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Really nice topic man! I collect wrist watches. I have some 40+ watches in my collection, but only a couple work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join