It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Impeachment if Bush Bombs Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Biden: Impeachment if Bush Bombs Iran

www.commondreams.org

Presidential hopeful Delaware Sen. Joe Biden stated unequivocally that he will move to impeach President Bush if he bombs Iran without first gaining congressional approval.

Biden spoke in front of a crowd of approximately 100 at a candidate forum held Thursday at Seacoast Media Group. The forum focused on the Iraq war and foreign policy. When an audience member expressed fear of a war with Iran, Biden said he does not typically engage in threats, but had no qualms about issuing a direct warning to the Oval Office.

“The president has no authority to unilaterally attack Iran, and if he does, as Foreign Relations Committee chairman, I will move to impeach,” said Biden, whose words were followed by a raucous applause from the local audience.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Is there not enough to impeach them already?

What's everyone waiting for?

Has a wedge been put on the rails to stop any or all attempts?

Get a move on and sort it out.
We don't need an attack on Iran to impeach these liars.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Everyone labels Biden as a criminal because he's a member of the CFR. This just goes to show that there is some good in all walks of politics. We have to drop this guilt by association and support those that are trying to make this world we live in a better place. I think Biden is a stand up guy, and even a little surprised he made his stance on Bush and Iran this apparent to the public.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I so agree Extralien! What good is it going to do to impeach him after he has started WW3, if he hasn't already?

I say impeach him and Cheney, and the rest of the Bush Administration that took part in the impeachable offenses.

The democrats and the republicans are putting on a dog and pony show for us making these little threats against one another, making us think they are going to make someone accountable, meanwhile they go about the business they intend to do regardless of the dog and pony act. their all one and the same, representing the lobbyists and the corporations, not us the American people.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by goose]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It'd be great if Bush got the boot but don't believe the hype, this is just another twist in the same story.

Remember when the democrats stormed in to save the day ? Not so much ? Exactly.

Even if someone who isn't a tool gets elected president the government is still full of stooges.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

I say impeach him and Cheney, and the rest of the Bush Administration that took part in the impeachable offenses.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by goose]

What I accidentally edited out was, "and lock Bush and Cheney and the rest of the Bush Administration up that took part in the impeachable offenses."

Sorry, I reread my post and realized that I had accidentally edited that part out when I had posted last night and now it will not let me edit so I wanted to fix that. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I say "WHY WAIT?"
he's done enough already to deserve the action
against him

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You all need to get this evidence to the Democrats ASAP, so they can impeach Bush and Cheney for their impeachable offenses. I'm just surprised at how uninformed that Bush's political foes are, when they could've impeached him already, with all the evidence that must exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The problem isn't the evidence... it's already compiled... it's the bureaucracy thats involved with the process.

We hung Saddam for what he did over 14 years ago... if justice were actually blind, Bush would end up tortured for 50 years publicly, then hung.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
IMO, this is just more political posturing by the Dems in an attempt to appear less that wholly complicit in the war crimes committed in the last few years, and those planned for the future. It should be painfully obvious to anyone that’s paying any attention that the republicRATS are a single big money owned unit, that simply uses rhetoric to appear to oppose each other. It’s time to dump all incumbents in every election until we find real representatives.

Also, I agree with the consensus that waiting until after WWIII starts will be way too late. I do think the bombing of Iran will mean a global conflagration.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GT100FV

There's a bill being passed around right now that was offered up by Kucinich, I believe. I haven't heard much of it in a while. I'd doubt that it's still making it's rounds, though. It wouldn't really matter because the two party system is a fallacy.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Gotta remember that Bush is just a puppet.

He dances by the strings pulled by Big Money. It doesn't matter who's in office, they all serve the same masters. Until the system is torn down and rebuilt to the specs of your founding fathers, nothing will change.

The foreign policy of the US has remained perfectly consistent over the last 60 years, regardless of the man or party in office.

The two party system is a scam to make you think you have choice, but it's all the same bull----.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

The bill I'm talking about is talking about taking Bush and Cheney. It may not stop the machine, but it will definitely interfere with it! Any progress is good progress, huh?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

True.

Thing is, even if you managed to put Bush and Cheney behind bars, you'd still only have taken out the puppets. Even the puppets would have an easy time. They'd be sentenced to a facility that most of us would consider a luxury resort. When they got out, they'd still be rich. They really wouldn't suffer any kind of hardship.

Meanwhile, the masses would be distracted by this mock-justice and whoever take office would be considered a hero for simply not being Bush. Then the system is free to continue on with it's global abuses and erosion of civil rights.

Impeachment would be a hollow victory that would ultimately accomplish nothing, unless steps are taken to ensure that these abuses are not allowed to happen and that the office is empowered to serve in it's original role... ie "for the people, by the people".

Some changes that I feel must happen:
- the Federal Reserve needs to be made a Government organization. The fact that it is in the hands of private interests places the offices balls directly in the hands of Big Money.
- There must be much higher regulation of corporations. Corporations must be accountable to the government and the people, not the other way around as it currently is.
- No member of office should be allowed to accept money directly or indirectly from special interest groups. This includes campaign contributions. All party actions should be funded equally through government coffers.
- Abolish the 2 party system.
- Outlaw international interference on behalf of private interests.
- Institutionalize the finds of the Nuremberg trials, ie; planning and waging an aggressive war is punishable by hanging of all members of the administration directly or indirectly responsible.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by GT100FV

There's a bill being passed around right now that was offered up by Kucinich, I believe. I haven't heard much of it in a while. I'd doubt that it's still making it's rounds, though. It wouldn't really matter because the two party system is a fallacy.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

When local resident Joel Carp asked Biden why not impeach now, given what has already been done, Biden said it was a valid point, but might not be constitutionally valid and potentially counterproductive. A case for impeachment must have clear evidence, Biden said, and blame should be directed at the right parties.

If you’re going to impeach George Bush, you better impeach (Vice President Dick) Cheney first,” said Biden, again drawing applause.

I think Biden may have been sending a positive signal to the House about Kucinich's bill. This could get interesting, I think the bill is still alive in the judicial committee???

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Seems like there was congressional support for the war in Iraq. So if he tries for it now for a war with Iran who is to say he won't get it? If so then what?

It was Iraq that hung Saddam not the US. Of course if you have some proof that it was US troops or personnel that brought him to the gallows, hung the noose around his head and pulled the lever I would love to see it. Besides I don't think the Iraqi Shia would be very happy to learn that they didn't hang Saddam but that the US did.

Please someone enlighten me, but doesn't the War Powers Act allow for Bush to begin a war with iran, or at least allow for Military action against any enemy for something like 90 days?

Yet another good reason to remove that particular act right?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
It was Iraq that hung Saddam not the US. Of course if you have some proof that it was US troops or personnel that brought him to the gallows, hung the noose around his head and pulled the lever I would love to see it. Besides I don't think the Iraqi Shia would be very happy to learn that they didn't hang Saddam but that the US did.

It was US troops that captured Saddam. Under the Geneva conventions, his humane treatment became the responsibility of the US as a POW.

Just a point of interest.

I'm in the fence as to my feelings towards his execution.
I'm not really opposed to his hanging, but I do feel that if his actions warranted that punishment, Bush and Cheney should also be swinging from the gallows as per the Nuremberg Trials.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Cheney is no puppet. It's apparent that he is one of the key strategists in our current situation. If you think every "head" of any political party or corporation is some sort of pawn, than you don't understand what those people have done to get there. Don't let common conspiracy theory fool you, that guy is as cold and calculated as they come.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Putin from Russia and the Chinese have been covertly arming Iran in preparation for the bombing-according to top military sources listed on Ray Taliaferro KGO talk show in San Francisco. Apparently he knows top people in the military who are feeding him info-who do not want another incompetent move by Bush. According to Ray the Iranians are set-up to take out our aircraft carriers with Russian and Chinese missiles at the first sign of an attack.
That would mean hundreds of dead sailors in the U. S. Navy become victims of the Grand Parade of Bush Incompetence. Bush is a disgrace and has always been one.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It should be noted that while the US did capture Saddam, our turning him over to the Iraqi Govt. was the proper course of action. After all, his crimes were against the people of Iraq and it was them who suffered under his tyrannical rule.

His punishment and trial were done under Iraqi Law and I have no problem with how it was done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join