posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:33 PM
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues
Thing is, even if you managed to put Bush and Cheney behind bars, you'd still only have taken out the puppets. Even the puppets would have an easy
time. They'd be sentenced to a facility that most of us would consider a luxury resort. When they got out, they'd still be rich. They really
wouldn't suffer any kind of hardship.
Meanwhile, the masses would be distracted by this mock-justice and whoever take office would be considered a hero for simply not being Bush. Then the
system is free to continue on with it's global abuses and erosion of civil rights.
Impeachment would be a hollow victory that would ultimately accomplish nothing, unless steps are taken to ensure that these abuses are not allowed to
happen and that the office is empowered to serve in it's original role... ie "for the people, by the people".
Some changes that I feel must happen:
- the Federal Reserve needs to be made a Government organization. The fact that it is in the hands of private interests places the offices balls
directly in the hands of Big Money.
- There must be much higher regulation of corporations. Corporations must be accountable to the government and the people, not the other way around as
it currently is.
- No member of office should be allowed to accept money directly or indirectly from special interest groups. This includes campaign contributions. All
party actions should be funded equally through government coffers.
- Abolish the 2 party system.
- Outlaw international interference on behalf of private interests.
- Institutionalize the finds of the Nuremberg trials, ie; planning and waging an aggressive war is punishable by hanging of all members of the
administration directly or indirectly responsible.
[edit on 1-12-2007 by BitRaiser]