It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge is Transcendent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Bare with me, though this should be a fairly simple concept to grasp.

Energy is eternal and only morphs from form to form. Everything is energy. In essence we are extracting any and all knowledge that we accumulate from energy. If energy is eternal and we are studying energy, then the knowledge being extracted must be eternal, therefore our knowledge of the "universe" is transcendent. So for a while I have been looking for a way to completely put a halt to epistemology and I believe we are well on our way. With the thought of eternity we should be able to transform our world and the way we think.

After reading the above do you believe knowledge is transcendent?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Any thoughts, questions, provocative insenuations or philosophical innuendos?

Does anyone understand the syllogism presented here?

E=Energy, K=Knowledge and D=Divulged then

If all E is K and all K is D, all E is D.

That's true, but of course the totality of the story is that all is interconnected interactive energy, even us.

Anyone, anyone? Even some acknowledgement of comprehension?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think you are right.

We are all energy. Energy which can manifest and take different shapes. So, if we gather knowledge from things which are all made out of energy then it is obvious that energy is the key to all the questions that we have.

But, there is one problem. Almost all the answers we have right now are answers to an energy which has a specific form, when that form is changed, well, we are lost. For example if I am human and my energy transforms itself in a "I don't know what" then you are lost.

And since energy has infinite possibilities of changes, well, you will never know everything. The only moment when you will know everything will be when you are pure energy and have a consciousness. But that guy is called God or the Source of all things of which we are all part of.

So in the end Knowledge is just a tiny part of the Divine, if you will. Real knowledge is being the energy yourself or God.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply!

How are we not the "real energy"? Could you please elaborate as I do not believe in God nor a creator and no one to date has presented me with sufficient evidence other than the 3 letter name and hand shaking hocus pocus.

In my reality I am the real energy, I am the infinite possibilities, and I am the eternity of space and time through and of my knowledge that is transcendent made known to me through the comprehension of absence. But, there are certain definites that can not be through energy based syllogism such as a "beginning and an end", therefore there was no creator and there was no beginning of space and time or the "universe" as it is referred to. Since energy has infinite possibilities of change then it is possible and states in a "philosophical" sense that it must be true that of those infinite possibilities there exists the possibility that I can know everything in some way, shape, or form, or lack thereof the former, or both states simultaneously. I think we are all part of eternity and it is here and now and all ways has been in every moment of the future and the past for ever. Energy is all that is physical and eternity that is physical, and all that is not through the rendition of the mind's choosing to ignore such or its unawareness of such.

We are already pure energy, if not could you please explain what "pure energy" is? Where is it found? Where is it located? What does it look like? How do we know it exists? And what is unpure about the energy of the universe, that which we are?

What if energy is static because its possibility of infinite change is never changing. Would you agree to this? Can energy become static since it is a possibility of the infinite extrapolations? Would you agree that perpetuity and static are synonymous forms?

Could you tell me more about the "guy called God" and how the "source" came to be?

If time and space are eternal then we are not existing of a closed system therefore there is no where for energy to escape, thus it requires no source because it is its own.

Thank you for your reply and your input, Pericle.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

How are we not the "real energy"?

We are the real energy, but limited. Its like taking a A4 paper and cutting a small part, its still paper but just one small bit.

I am the infinite possibilities, and I am the eternity of space and time

We all have infinite potential. You are infinite, I am infinite, we all are. But only our intuition and imagination are the closest things we have to the Divine, or the whole A4 paper.
Because for the rest we are limited. We are limited by time, by material things (like our body), etc.

I think you are right, it is not right to say that "in the beginning there was the Source" since the Source has existed since infinity. Time does not exist at that level. I guess you can call the beginning or the end the moment when we as pieces of the paper become one with the whole.

Could you please explain what "pure energy" is? Where is it found? Where is it located? What does it look like? How do we know it exists? And what is unpure about the energy of the universe, that which we are?

We are all made of pure energy, but pure energy would be that energy that has infinite potential. Or in other words be the whole. We are pure energy but we are limited. Everything you see around you is limit. Creation is limit. When God made the world he set limits in the infinity.

What if energy is static because its possibility of infinite change is never changing. Would you agree to this?

Yes, I think you make a very interesting point here. Since if we imagine a world without time, then it would be static. Infinity, might actually be static. Interesting concept.

Could you tell me more about the "guy called God" and how the "source" came to be?

We are all part of God and God part of us. The Source is just the sum of all parts. Infinity and God might be the same thing. God is infinite and creation is the expresion of infinity. You can't see infinity, only its manifestation, aka creation. I guess the last limit is when you experience infinity or be infinity. After that its just, well, infinity again. But even God is creation so that might sound paradoxal. The Ultimate God
is infinity and it might be impossible to reach that level.

It is really hard for me to understand infinity, maybe there is nothing to understand about it. It is just everything. Our goal is to be a part of that infinity as much as possible, to have less limits and more infinity.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, given the fact that everything is made up of information which in turn translates to energy to form bodies, you are probably correct.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pericle
We are the real energy, but limited. It's like taking an A4 paper and cutting a small part, its still paper but just one small bit.

I see what you are saying. Our vessels are finite, ergo the possibilities that we can seemingly achieve through the duration of their existence appear limited. But imagine the infinite of space and time containing an infinite amount of conscious vessels that are all interconnected. It's like an eternal internet.

We all have infinite potential. You are infinite, I am infinite, we all are. But only our intuition and imagination are the closest things we have to the Divine, or the whole A4 paper.
Because for the rest we are limited. We are limited by time, by material things (like our body), etc.

We have infinite potential so long as our vessel will allow for it, since we pass away do we really have unlimited potential? Even if I have "unlimited potential" and work on a project from the time I am born... some day I must cease, thus my unlimited potential as a single entity is limited. What is the Divine that you speak of? What definition entails this word? I do not understand intuition, I do comprehend decisions made from analyzation and experience. For the most part I see that we agree on this point. Very well

I think you are right, it is not right to say that "in the beginning there was the Source" since the Source has existed since infinity. Time does not exist at that level. I guess you can call the beginning or the end the moment when we as pieces of the paper become one with the whole.

You mean our Birth? Sorry to nitpick, excuse me if you will. Etymologically a whole is a totality, a totality is a limitation, such as one. Do we become one with the whole or do we become one with the eternity or the "unwhole" at our conception? Essentially what we are proposing when we say we become one with the whole is: we are saying that we become one with the one. I'd be more inclined to say that we become aware of our eternal contradiction, as we are one yet eternal simultaneously. And in deeper aspects we are not one, it is like the butterfly effect on a macro scale. We all rely on each other through energetical interdependence. We are all part of a relative eternally omnidirectional perpetual motion organism or machine if you will.

We are all made of pure energy, but pure energy would be that energy that has infinite potential. Or in other words be the whole. We are pure energy but we are limited. Everything you see around you is limit. Creation is limit. When God made the world he set limits in the infinity.

Again I do not believe in God. If when you say God created the world you are referring to the energetical evolution of this living rotary organism through astronomical or other constitutions, then okay. When I look around me I can see both limit and unlimited. The limits of infinity have always been, have they not?

We are all part of God and God part of us. The Source is just the sum of all parts. Infinity and God might be the same thing. God is infinite and creation is the expression of infinity. You can't see infinity, only its manifestation, aka creation. I guess the last limit is when you experience infinity or be infinity. After that its just, well, infinity again. But even God is creation so that might sound paradoxal. The Ultimate God
is infinity and it might be impossible to reach that level.

If we are all part of God and God part of us then together we are the "Ultimate God", or infinity as you say, thus once reaching this realization is it not then okay for me to refer to myself as God? The level of awareness of a being negates the possibility of anything. Everything is the expression of infinity, not only creation, but also creation, unless creation to you is a meaning that describes what everything does. And what is actually created in knowledge is transcendent, correct? Thus how could anything actually be "created", it is only altered and morphed of perfection? The possibility of everything exists in the elements of eternal energy and their perfect consummated interworking sustanation.

What are you ultimately saying is that infinity is the creation of expression and the expression of creation, but then we go back to a beginning because the word "creation" is derived of a low awareness. Nothing is ever created, everything is ever changed. The acceptance is that existence is an eternal contradiction, or so it seems to us right now... but there is no contradiction... that is merely the way it is, the contradiction is only seen as a result of Human ego to keep things separated and one way.

It is really hard for me to understand infinity, maybe there is nothing to understand about it. It is just everything. Our goal is to be a part of that infinity as much as possible, to have less limits and more infinity.

Why is there a goal to be a part of infinity, how are we not a part of infinity already?

I have much adulation for your first two sentences, read them carefully. "maybe there is nothing to understand about it. It is just everything."

new topics

top topics

join