It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanitys Last Day

Man, that really sucks about your home being invaded. Hope that never happens to me good thing you are still breathing after that.

Upon first reading the posts in this forum It is really easy to get sucked into all the BS AFTER THE FACT.

Truth be told, the police are, for the most part useless and are merely tools of revenge they do not actually prevent crime and as Sanitys Last Day pointed out the priorities the police have are warped anyways.

But wait, I am torn, on one hand I am for the shooter (If a cop can shoot someone with less info about a crime why cant someone being partially victimized) I would have probably fired a warning shot first if it was possible in the situation. Or I might have shot them outright it all depends on if I felt my life was in danger. Again this is merely speculation.

On the other hand, it makes me think- what is the value of a human life? Is it worth some stupid electronic device or a piece of glass?

Oh, almost forgot about the shooting in the back part, sounds like the shooter took the cowardly route.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by liamoohay]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Good job of the system letting Mr. Horn off the hook for killing scum bags. You see, if those two dudes would have gotten arrested, they would have gone right out and done it again after getting out of prison ( or in their case sent back to their country and sneaking back in here again) and maybe next time those two ass-clowns would have killed somebody doing a break-in. You have to let the scum know "you come around here and try to steal, we will shoot kill you ass-clowns"!

I bet that community will feel much more safer now and the criminal element will "mark that area down as a , "not" zone.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hey they have SAID it time and time again...."DONT MESS WITH TEXAS".

And dont be surprised if in the NEAR future your not put in some sort of similar situation. What indeed WILL YOU do when they show up at your/neighbors door?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by liamoohay
Oh, almost forgot about the shooting in the back part, sounds like the shooter took the cowardly route.

Have you informed yourself? Do you know WHY they were shot in the back?

It was dark. When they saw that he had a shotgun, they turned to run. Of course, in the dark Horn could not see the specifics of what they were doing, he only knew that they had made a sudden movement. So he shot.

As i said, know the facts. Making comment without knowing the facts is not attempting to "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi all,

I am doubly glad to see that this Texas hero got let off with no charges; wonderful news.

It is quite simple really… life is a DEADLY serious affair and if you live by the sword as these two scumbags often do (or did HAHA) then you die by it…. I just wish all people had the balls to stand up to these type of scum then these scum would have no place to hide and no way to intimidate people. I MUST NOT FEAR FEAR, FOR FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER… stops us dead in our tracks; freezes our very thoughts.

It seems really illogical to me that because certain groups in society have permission from the government to kill people if necessary i.e. Army and Police etc that makes it ok for them yet when we act to defend ourselves we are the ones that get arrested or sued for simply defending ourselves…..we become the criminal??
What makes it ok for the government to turn around and say it is ok for the army to kill but defending yourself…. NO NO you have to wait for the police “we can’t have people looking after themselves; it would be the Wild West all over again”.
Well I say bring that it on…. I am sick of getting my back side wiped by some ass hole in government who has no clues about what life is truly like on the streets.

For example a male or female after 20 years of mental and physical abuse kills the said abuser or at least fights back after repeatedly asking for help from the government institutions that we all pay for… I can guarantee the victim will end up doing time… one word MADNESS.

Chalk 2 up for the good guys..

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreOne

I'm inclined to be in agreement with you on the fact that most don't have the balls to do as he has done.

But this is just a reflection of how we have given power to those who wish to control us.

Gone are the days of living miles from anyone else and having to fight and fend for yourself and your family. With the worry of finding food or possibly being attacked by any hostiles, this would surely have kept you on your toes.

Today, we have the illusion of being protected by a police force and almost a law for everything else.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm tempted to move to Texas right now. I wonder if Pennsylvania is this wise in its application of gun laws and self defense?

Screw the burglars. I'll go a step further and say that they should ALL be shot in the backs. Some crimes are crimes of passion, or of a moment's faltering in judgment. Other crimes are just idiotic. So be it if they're broken, let reasonable punishment be dealt.

But making a career out of carrying out planned burglaries of other people's homes shows that you have no respect for society or its laws, and therefor, should not be protected by either.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
after reading some of these replies i'd like to pose a thought "if another country invaded the US we would fight, and we would fight to kill, the same goes for any of our allies. Should we kill someone just because they want to invade and take our land? is the punishment for stealing death? Some might call that extreme but i believe everyone has the right to defend themselves and their property including that of a neighbor with any force to stop the criminals. Plus if we're too soft on criminals what is there to deter such actions from repeating themselves? Keep in mind back in the olden days if you were a horse thief you were hung. Stealing is wrong and should be met with force to deter it.

Keeper

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

from what I have read the reason he was found "justified"
' in the shooting is the undercover officer who arrived on scene and actually witnessed the shooting stated that the old man told the two thieves to stop and one of them ran at the old man and so as he shot the perp turned to run but it was too late ( I guess that is why he had so many different buckshot entry points on his side and back from getting shot while turning to run) the old man then turned to see the second perp towards him and shot him as well. the second perp ran after being shot but only made it half way down the block and collapsed.
It seems according to the undercover cop on scene when the neighbor went out and said stop the perps may not have realized he had a gun and so they were gonna charge him, when they realized the old man had the gun while coming towards him and were gonna run it was two late.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You bleeding heart numbskulls!

What will prevent the rape of your wife or daughter or nowadays, yourself or your son, if you don't immediately take steps to protect the first intrusion of undesirable actions in your neighbourhood?

We in South Africa have no longer the choice, its a chance we take every morning when we leave our families at home to go work.
The government has even removed the weapons from the law abiding citizens, just to make the game of survival more interesting.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Have you informed yourself? Do you know WHY they were shot in the back?

It was dark. When they saw that he had a shotgun, they turned to run. Of course, in the dark Horn could not see the specifics of what they were doing, he only knew that they had made a sudden movement. So he shot.

As i said, know the facts. Making comment without knowing the facts is not attempting to "Deny Ignorance".

Umm, the OP clear says "Horn, 61, had phoned police when he saw two men break into his neighbor's suburban Houston home through a window in BROAD DAYLIGHT."

I made the point nice and big so you can't "deny ignorance"

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Extralien
i remember this a few years ago nay grace tried making an issue out of it they even tried the race card saying one of them was african american ell they were partially correct one guy was aftican south american in that they both were here illegally from columbia .

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join