It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
He was told not to leave the house by 911. He then said "I'm going to kill them"

What about that seems ambiguous? He went outside holding a gun intent on killing someone, not to hold them for the authorities.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by discomfit

I do not care what the UK is or is not. The incident happened in Texas.

It happened because Texans voted in certain gun laws, making them partly responsible for the outcome of those laws.

I do not doubt for a nano-second that there are beautiful people in all corners of the world. Unfortunately today we have seen the ugly side of humanity.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
reply to post by discomfit

I do not doubt for a nano-second that there are beautiful people in all corners of the world. Unfortunately today we have seen the ugly side of humanity.

Absolutely right. From both sides even. You have men robbing to get by and men killing because they think it's the "right thing to do." You've definitely hit the nail on the head.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can feel no compassion for burglars killed while escaping the scene of the crime. I want my neighbors to be just like the man who killed the burglars.

link   
Dont tread on me!

Or my neighbors!! Especially if we don't know ya!

link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
He was told not to leave the house by 911. He then said "I'm going to kill them". ~ He went outside holding a gun intent on killing someone

From the 911 audio tape, it seems a little different to me. He was told he would get shot if he went outside, and he was indicating he wouldn't get shot because he was capable of protecting himself.

[edit on 12/1/07 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_b

Yeah. You are so right sir. We have no gun problem in the UK.

Damn. Outsmarted again!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

I don't mean to interrupt, but the ugly sides of humanity are going on everyday.

I'm sure there are worse cases happening than just Texas.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Any man carrying a weapon should be well aware of how to handle a situation involving human life. You shouldn't look for a reason to deliver a fatal shot, but a disabling or disarming. If they had a weapon, a lethal shot would be an individual's call, but in this situation it seemed to be overkill.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
reply to post by skibtz

I don't mean to interrupt, but the ugly sides of humanity are going on everyday.

I'm sure there are worse cases happening than just Texas.

You're not wrong there squire.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Absolutely right. From both sides even. You have men robbing to get by and men killing because they think it's the "right thing to do." You've definitely hit the nail on the head.

NOBODY has to the right to rob others in order to "get by". These clowns were probably feeding a meth habit. They deserved and brought upon themselves their own demise. Society is better off. People down the line will not lose property to these people, nor will their lives be put in danger and the gene pool is better off for their passing as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
the gene pool is better off for their passing as well.

I love the Eugenics part of this argument. Very German circa 1940s.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

There's a grey area here that you seem to be missing. He was stating that humanity has reared it's ugly head and I agreed, stating it was from a man who was looking to play hero, cops that took 10 minutes to show up, and men who seemed to think the only way to get by was through robbery. There is no justification for any of these. There's no real argument here anyway you look at it and basing your opinion on "probably" is a very dangerous thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wither he was wrong or not, I dunno. I guess the courts will decide. But what I do know is I have 0% compassion for the burglars.

The older I get, paying my bills, working for everything I have, the more I feel a lot of criminals get off way too easy infringing on what others work hard for. They want to break in to someone else's house, intrude, and steal somebody else's stuff and get shot for it. So be it...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
I have, the average IQ for Texans is 92 which means they are way below average and 40th out of 50 in this list.

www.mindfully.org...

That study is a known fake and has been debunked here on ATS, although I don’t know why I expected you to be able to figure out that an entire geographical area with tens of millions of people living in it cant have an AVERAGE IQ ABOVE AVERAGE. Where are you from again? Thanks for proving my point. I suppose the author of the article did his homework before deciding which group of people he thought would buy that obvious BS. Note that it was not published in Texas.

So far as the education in the UK, I guess they don’t teach history?
Let me help you out, so that you understand how foolish it is for a Brit to tell an American what to do with a gun.

A couple hundred years ago a British military unit marched on Americans with the intent of telling the Americans what they were going to do with their guns.

The Americans, with the help of FRANCE (who would have thought) kicked the crap out of those Brits and sent them home. The Americans went to develop the most advanced empire in the world, and the Brits slowly retreated from the rest of the world back onto their little tiny island, where they now live in fear of their un-educated youth and beg the same British government that the Americans whopped to install thousands of cameras to spy on them. They allow that government to take all their money and all their rights. They live in fear of not only the youths around them, but of guns that may decide to jump off the table and shoot them.

Of course, I am sure every Texan school child learns all that in the second grade, while they are being educated.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
The older I get, paying my bills, working for everything I have, the more I feel a lot of criminals get off way too easy infringing on what others work hard for. They want to break in to someone else's house, intrude, and steal somebody else's stuff and get shot for it. So be it...

It's sad that this work-a-day world leads to a total lack of compassion for one's fellow man.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I'm a huge proponent of eugenics, and there's more to it than just "race." Even though it was probably used in that context, there's a lot of information about criminals and the hereditery displacements they hand on to their offspring. We'll save that for another go, huh?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Thats tells you are are in a constant state of fear because you dont feel safe without a gun, I do.

Gun makes it a safe place. I dont have to worry. I don't need to be afraid. An unarmed man in a human society, now thats something to fear. Being unarmed around anything living that is bigger than me or a human being is something to worry about. As long as Im in society, whether it be america, UK, japan, russia, a gun is the only thing that should put my mind at ease.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
It happened because Texans voted in certain gun laws, making them partly responsible for the outcome of those laws.

The citizens don't vote on every law put into effect. They may or may not support what legislator do. If that's what you meant by 'Texans voted'.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Sounds that those words are of a weak man. I fear no man, armed or not. Life isn't about fear, but being fearless. Doesn't mean I don't have a Mac 10 and a few 30 round clips, but using a gun as an equalizer in life is kind of petty.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join