It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Thanks for the laugh.

What can I say? What else are you going to label them as? Perfectly normal citizens? Socially-fit citizens?

It's their fault.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
Maybe if Texans sold their guns n ammo and invested the money in programmes for the community they wouldn't be living in a state of fear. They wouldn't feel threatened. Maybe Texas could instigate a process of peace that spreads to the rest of the world.

Let's have some good come of this eh?

Im not a texan but don't worry I am not living in a state of fear. I got my gun 3 feet from me. I don't feel threatened either because somebody would have a deathwish to rob any house on this block. The amount of guns on this block could fill every room of every house on it. You won't see people committing crimes in this little town. But the surrounding towns have crime. We don't have a police force in our town though, nor do we need one.

State police come through occassionally, but anyone that thinks they want to test their luck committing a crime here, be my guest.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

In prison? You do realize that in prison, they would be feed, clothed, housed, protected, given medical care and entertainment. What sick creep would want the homeowners to pay for the criminal's room and board after these guys victimized them? You would feel better if, after the homeowners were robbed, the government came in and commited armed robbery against them to pay the criminals room and board?

Yes because thats the law and one you have to abide by.

The guy who said his jaw just dropped, be prepared to pick it off the floor again with the above ignorant comment.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by cavscout

It sounds like you'd prefer death all crimes over imprisonment.

Well I would prefer that the crimals die than everyone else get robbed to pay their way.

I wouldnt prefer the death penalty for any crime, however. Surprize coming: I dont believe in the death penalty.

HOWEVER, I do believe that if you PUT YOURSELF into harms way by invading the personal dwelling of another, the sanctity of their home, YOU are responsible for your death.

link   
I used to associate with some "not so good" people back in the day that I had met through the punk rock, hardcore, and graffiti scenes.. I know for a fact that if you act submissive to people like that, they'll steamroll you with fear. They have no regard for people or their things. I would be ready, with my guns to stop that threat, even if that means killing another human being. If it was unnecessary, I wouldn't bang out, but if I felt threatened or if a weapon was drawn, I promise you, I would have no regrets taking another life or lives under the right circumstances. The sympathy given to common criminals is beyond me.

link   
I'd of done the same thing that guy did. Of course my neighbors a cop so I really wouldn't have to do this because I'm sure he could take care of things.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
I'd of done the same thing that guy did. Of course my neighbors a cop so I really wouldn't have to do this because I'm sure he could take care of things.

If your cop neighbor happens to be out of town, you know what to do.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Doh!

I thought Texans pushed through murdering guns laws and carried guns because they were sh*t scared.

Nah. My bad.

Clearly it is for shooting up rabbits n cans n things that dont move eh!

link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Yes because thats the law and one you have to abide by.

Right, like the law that says the man was justified in shooting the thieves?

You cant pick and choose here, you just ended your own argument. why?
"because thats the law and one you have to abide by."

[edit on 1-12-2007 by cavscout]

link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Well neither of those 2, so therefore the only other label would HAVE to be terrorists.

Gotcha!

Ha! Almost a one liner!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh well, I'm certainly not going to cry over this case. My feeling is do not go out and commit crimes unless you are prepared for the consequences. And when you are breaking into another person house you have to consider that being shot by a homeowner or the police might be one of those consequences.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Damn right.

Whoever plays the role of terror, they deserve to be wiped off of Earth.

link   

Originally posted by skibtz
I thought Texans pushed through murdering guns laws and carried guns because they were sh*t scared.

Step away from the Michael Moore movies and live life.

Texas is a safe place compared to almost anywhere in the world. I have never been "sh*t scared" in the US, but I would think twice about going to your crazy country. People are civilized and a little better educated in Texas.

link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
We really can't "assume" anything about the man's situation because we weren't there to see it. Not to mention the police have a tendency to polish their reaction time, especially concerning something as serious as this.

The man was obviously justified to act

Funny how you tell everyone who disagrees with you that they cannot assume anything yet you have no problem jumping to conclusions yourself if it fits your agenda.

Agenda is a little strong, guy. I think any citizen put in the same circumstances should be justified to "act."

Men are breaking into your neighbors house and stealing his possessions. How is one NOT justified to act?

That's not an assumption, rather than an opinion or observation. I didn't say, "He was justified in murdering those men." I said "act." But bend and twist as you may, I have no problem running all three of you in the ground.

link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

My apologies are owed to you I would stand right next to you on this but I still type with one or two fingers . Things are moving faster than I can peck

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I should be thanking YOU for the laugh now.

Thank you also for reinforcing my first remark to you.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

"don't worry I am not living in a state of fear. I got my gun 3 feet from me."

Not living n fear?

Gun 3 feet away?

Worried?

You bet!

link   

Agenda is a little strong, guy. I think any citizen put in the same circumstances should be justified to "act."

Men are breaking into your neighbors house and stealing his possessions. How is one NOT justified to act?

I agree. One should act, but killing is going far out of bounds. I think we agree on that.

link   

Originally posted by cavscout

SKIBITS, FLYER, listen up! Last time people living in the UK tried to tell us what to do with our guns we said "let the better nation win" and sent you guys crying all the way back across the ocean to lick your wounds.

Texas is way safer than the UK because Texans make the criminals think twice instead of just dropping trow. and saying "please be gentle" like they do in England and New England.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by cavscout]

Lol, the murder rate in texas is 5.9 per 100,000
www.disastercenter.com...
and the murder rate is 1.4 per 100,000 in the uk.
www.nationmaster.com...

Youre completely wrong..

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Im not a texan but don't worry I am not living in a state of fear. I got my gun 3 feet from me.

Thats tells you are are in a constant state of fear because you dont feel safe without a gun, I do.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join