It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Funny, I thought I was the one who wasn't being presumptuous. I agree that we don't know what the entire situation was, but going off of the information I've gathered from reading this thread, I'm stating my opinion that people who think it was ok to walk over to someone else's house with the intent to kill someone for stealing stuff are out of their minds.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Hey, broferd, I hate to ruin your day and everything, but nothing there says anything about them going on to murder anybody. Infact, I made it pretty clear that I was talking about related crimes and the probability of men who commit them, doing them perpetually.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by mike_b

What this Texan hillbilly did however is not.

He's proabably just a regular man, but here you seem to childly cast him as a "hillbilly." As if hillbillies are the only one's that "shoot people." Genius.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My mistake, I mistook your comments about future robberies with another's comments about future murders. Same principals though. We can't assume that someone who commits a crime will certainly do it again in the future, otherwise there's no point in our criminal justice system.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

However regular people don't grab a handy shotgun and run outside guns a-blazin.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by SimiusDei

Well said. The man was obviously justified to act, even though murder may have been a little extreme. People don't seem to understand that acts like burglary are habitual by nature because of most state punishments and the probability of being caught are low because not enough people take immediate action. Two habitual offenders off the street and another one who will sit in a cell contemplating his actions for the rest of his life. I don't see any flaw here, other than the death of two men.

This has to be one of the few tiomes when reading a post that my jaw drops and I am at a los for words..this sounds like an Alice in Wonderland comment..unreal..just amazing..talk about understatement!!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Because it was 3 minutes to get to your residence doesn't mean it's the same everywhere else. I was hit and run by a drunk driver and it took the police 13 minutes to respond. I freed myself from my crushed car and had called a friend who arrived the same time the police or ambulence did. We really can't "assume" anything about the man's situation because we weren't there to see it. Not to mention the police have a tendency to polish their reaction time, especially concerning something as serious as this.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It was meant to show this man's lack of thinking, his moronic way of acting, and his eagerness to start shooting.

Sorry, I would've thought it would have been obvious. Genius.

link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Originally posted by bigbert81
What this Texan hillbilly did however is not.

Redneck, hick, hillbilly. Nice words I have seen you use. So what makes the man (and his supporters) all these things? Is it living in Texas, playing with guns, or not lying down on the floor, spreading wide, and letting the world have its way with you?

reply to post by Flyer

Originally posted by Flyer
these people should have been in prison, not dead,

In prison? You do realize that in prison, they would be feed, clothed, housed, protected, given medical care and entertainment. What sick creep would want the homeowners to pay for the criminal's room and board after these guys victimized them? You would feel better if, after the homeowners were robbed, the government came in and commited armed robbery against them to pay the criminals room and board?

Sick. Twisted.

reply to post by skibtz

Originally posted by skibtz
Do you honestly believe that the blood-thirsty USA experiences attrocites because it is such a beautiful, caring democary that spreads goodwill to the rest of the world?

Blood thirsty USA? Pot, meet kettle. Last I heard, your country was one of the most violent western nations. Oh, but you only got that distinction AFTER you criminalized firearms ownership. Now your BLOODTHIRSTY and UNEDUCATED youths just go around beating the crap out of whomever the damn well please.

And why not? After all, they have a government guarantee that their victims will be nice and disarmed, and the police will show up armed with a stick and a whistle.

reply to post by skibtz

reply to post by Flyer

SKIBITS, FLYER, listen up! Last time people living in the UK tried to tell us what to do with our guns we said "let the better nation win" and sent you guys crying all the way back across the ocean to lick your wounds.

Texas is way safer than the UK because Texans make the criminals think twice instead of just dropping trow. and saying "please be gentle" like they do in England and New England.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by cavscout]

link   
never mind, not worth it

sorry mods

[edit on 1-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

link   

Get out more. I know people who put in work "for a living," and if you think anything but an armed citizen will deterr them, you're kidding yourelf. I know first-hand, you obviously do not.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Read my post right above yours.

Yep, explains it pretty good.

link   
reply to post by a3Dme

You attacked the parents of the two victims.

Stand by your words my friend. I will stand by mine and take a step back when wrong.

We should always be ready to help people who are vulnerable. Had these victims been given the opportunity to feel dignity and pride then we probably would not be having this discussion.

Prevention is better than the cure.

Maybe if Texans sold their guns n ammo and invested the money in programmes for the community they wouldn't be living in a state of fear. They wouldn't feel threatened. Maybe Texas could instigate a process of peace that spreads to the rest of the world.

Let's have some good come of this eh?

link   
These dudes were terrorists

Glad he stopped 'em

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Ah, you sound like a media-enlightened individual.

*shakes head*

link   

The UK is no different to the USA my friend. I was responding to the OP of an incident occuring in the USA though.

Trust me. I know how bad this place is!

link   

I'm not justifying his acts at all as far as murder is concerned. I know that if I were in the same position, I guarantee that I would do all within my power to contain the threat, ensuring they would be held reponsible for their deeds. Who's to say what happened, but you can bet that I wouldn't be in my house peeking through the shades as my neighbors well being is being ransacked by lowlife and his friends.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

We really can't "assume" anything about the man's situation because we weren't there to see it. Not to mention the police have a tendency to polish their reaction time, especially concerning something as serious as this.

The man was obviously justified to act

Funny how you tell everyone who disagrees with you that they cannot assume anything yet you have no problem jumping to conclusions yourself if it fits your agenda.

link   

Originally posted by skibtz
Maybe if Texans sold their guns n ammo and invested the money in programmes for the community they wouldn't be living in a state of fear. They wouldn't feel threatened. Maybe Texas could instigate a process of peace that spreads to the rest of the world.

Are you putting us on?

YOU live in a much more dangerous place than Texas! Texans don’t live in fear, unless you mean the Texan criminals.

Texan criminals live in fear, you are right there. My bad.

link   

It sounds like you'd prefer death all crimes over imprisonment.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join