It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Hold people accountable for their actions. Period.

Exactly why this man should be put away for murder and these people should have been in prison, not dead,

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I guess my whole point is, shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

In most cases? No, it doesn't especially if you can afford a good lawyer, or theres some little slip up somewhere along the way, or the jails are too full this week, or the Judge had a couple of drinks at lunch and doesnt feel like punishing anyone today.

How many stories do we hear about constantly about this person or that person that should never have been released but was for this reason or that and hes commited his crime yet again.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I was only referring to the verse I posted ,not the song as a whole.I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
Even the good old God-fearing Texans would rather murder than forgive.

What a sad state of affairs.

Great point.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcatsrule

Right, but that verse is meaningless unless you place it in context. The song is about someone who was always below regular intelligence, naturally violent, had nothing going in his life, was full of frustration, and felt the need to take it out on the first minor crime he saw. I think the song as a whole is more appropriate than just it's last verse.

Edit to add the lyrics to the song

He was a might golden boy, as gold as ever seen
But when he stepped up to the podium, you could tell that boy was mean

His arms was made of nickel, and his forehead made of wood
An affidavit from the principal says, "This boy just ain't no good"

He stood before the union, and he made a solemn oath
Uphold the purity of his creed, the others he would toast
He worked nights at the liquor mart, and he drank to pad his pay
When caught him liftin' 40's, he shot a boy last May

His Momma asked why?

His lawyer in the courtroom, made a noble plea
And the judge he gave him eighteen months, but he was out in three
When asked if he ever felt remorse while sittin' up in that pen
He said "Hell no, ya know a thief's a thief
And I'd shoot the that #er again"

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Oh, so the punishment SHOULDN'T fit the crime huh? Boy, your logic is all messed up.

Maybe we should do like they do in Turkey and start cutting off kids hands for stealing then. And hell, why stop there? Let's torture them too!

[edit on 12/1/2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
sorry wrong one. LOL

[edit on 1-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

This man should be held accountable for his actions to an extent, definitely shouldn't be labeled a "hero" or anything of that nature. None of us really know what transpired after he initially confronted the burglars, but he shouldn't be thrown in a prison full of criminals like the one he's killed for protecting his neighbors home. Throwing an upstanding citizen in prison for legally defending his community is definitely not the answer.

link   
Give us a break?

Such an ironic request.

You have failed in your logic in the failure of these 2 people. How could they have failed themsleves before the system failed them when the chances are that the failure of the sytem goes back generations?

Do you honestly believe that the blood-thirsty USA experiences attrocites because it is such a beautiful, caring democary that spreads goodwill to the rest of the world?

Get real, wake up and smell the coffee sweetheart cos you've just been dreaming!

"Hold people accountable for their actions. Period."

I couldn't agree more.

Why are you vegan btw?

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Wrong case......

Read the OP

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Hold people accountable for their actions. Period

Yeah, so let's kill everyone who breaks the law.

There's a difference between holding someone accountable and what this Texan p.o.s. did.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by ATruGod

Yeah, I kind of liked it too.

Anyway, I LOVE how you downplay and upplay the right things to make it sound like you're right. Hmmm, let's see here:

A slap on the wrist for stealing someone elses sense of peace and security?

Please tell me what you are referring to when you say this. Do you know what the judge would have sentenced them to? No? Didn't think so. So comparing a 'slap on the wrist' and stealing someone else's 'peace and security' are 2 relative terms.

Thats cute I would protect my House and what I've worked for and that makes me a Redneck?

I never said anything about protecting your property making you a redneck. I said

If someone comes to take it they deserve nothing less than Death,

does.

Don't take things and downplay them to make a point.

1st point
If they ever even made it in front of a judge they would get small time compared to the person who has to sit in a house thats been burgularized and feel that lack of security (especially if the people are old like the neighbor)

2nd point
If someone does Come to My Home to take my stuff they do deserve nothing less than Death.

How is that downplaying anything...I basically said the same thing minus a few words.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
wrong post

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by ATruGod
A slap on the wrist for stealing someone elses sense of peace and security? Thats Justice?

What's the slap on the wrist you speak of?

Robbery comes with a harsh sentence, just not death. And if they were armed, then armed robbery comes with a harsher punishment.

Yea, try telling that to the countless robbers that are multiple time felons who walk away with 3 months of probation and 40 hours of community service work.

Hell, RAPISTS in this country can easily beat jail time in some cases, why would the average burglar fear legal punishment? Chances are, they would have gotten off with light probation IF they had ever been caught.

Kudos to this man for protecting his neighbor's property and, in turn, the property and (possibly) lives of future innocents that these criminal scum may have come in contact with.

Speaking of which, that's something you criminal rights supporters never seem to think about. Who is to say that these guys, if left alone, wouldn't have killed or raped someone later during a burglary? One would have to think that these guys, seeing as they are already willing to commit a crime (in broad daylight no less), were quite likely to end up eventually hurting someone who they broke in on, if that haven't already that is.

J

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You should have read the thread because it was not his house. He was on the phone to the police at the time and they told him not to do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The criminals can migrate to the places where people are tolerant of stealing and willing to put up with it by dealing out minor punishment.

When I lived in a big city, I came home to a ransacked house a few times. I even had a neighbor who said they saw one of the events but did nothing. A guy confessed to breaking into at least 30 or 40 houses about that time. Once a group was found using their kids to help break into garages and houses. Seems crime has been paying a long time. Arrest and punishment don't seem to be much of a determent.

As for shooting on another's property thats pushing it a bit unless that person has asked for that person's help.

As far as a person in their own house here in Texas, the laws are telling the crooks to find something else to do with there time, like work. B&E is a crime so hope the cops catch you, your treatment might be more lenient.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Wrong case dude READ THE OP!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

i fixed it. LOL

no need to yell at me.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I agree. I have no issue taking a life in defense of mine or my loved ones. In this case, it's a little twisted considering it was actually his neighbors home, but even so, I could see myself having the same intent to ultimately "stop" the crime in it's tracks. We've relied so heavily for outside sources to handle our issues. Issues like thieves breaking in our homes and robbing us or assaulting us. If you think you can rely on anybody but yourself in this life, you're wrong. If we would take more responsiblity for the situations staring us in the face, similar to what this man has done, we'd witness crime plummet. No doubt.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Speaking of which, that's something you criminal rights supporters never seem to think about. Who is to say that these guys, if left alone, wouldn't have killed or raped someone later during a burglary? One would have to think that these guys, seeing as they are already willing to commit a crime (in broad daylight no less), were quite likely to end up eventually hurting someone who they broke in on, if that haven't already that is.

J

You have no evidence of this, and no reason to believe this aside from your own prejudice. This is horribly flawed logic and can't hold up to any true scrutiny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join